You suck and you don't know it.

It's like the chart that Lisa shows Homer, where increasing intelligence translates to decreasing happiness.

Moe: All right, tell me when I hit the sweet spot.
Homer: Deeper, you pusillanimous pilsner pusher!
Moe: All right, all right.

Seems like participating in the study in the first place is a pretty good indicator of incompetence. Competent persons would probably have something more important to do.

Well what do you expect in todays society? Telling the truth about anything has become a thing of the past. If you ever say that you just happen to be bad at something everyone will think your an idiot because you are not the next einstein.

Especially with jobs if anyone ask you tell them that your damn good in almost every feild known to man becuase if you dont its admiting your a douche or something.

Meh....

[quote name='JSweeney']Actually, that showS that I'm better than I think I am. :)[/QUOTE]Oh?

Well it is a well-known effect. You'll rate yourself above average in things that are harder to verify (intellectual tasks that can have errors justified, etc) and average or below-average in things that are easy to verify (physical tasks, it's easy to test whether you can run a mile in a certain amount of time with few easy justifications of inadequacy).

That's not news to me. A survey prior to the study in the OP (which was published in 1999) found that 85% of people consider themselves to be "above average" in intelligence.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh?[/quote]

Yep. It doesn't take much surpass low expectations.
That I continue to remember to breathe already does that.

How can the majority of people be below average if the average is determined by the majority? These people are incompetent. ;)

[quote name='Blade']How can the majority of people be below average if the average is determined by the majority? These people are incompetent. ;)[/quote]
nonstandard6yd.jpg

Uneven distributions? [I know its a terrible picture]

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']

*pic*

Uneven distributions? [I know its a terrible picture][/quote]

Ugh, you just don't get it. You must not drive a Hybrid. ;)

[quote name='Blade']Ugh, you just don't get it. You must not drive a Hybrid. ;)[/quote]

Well, if you want to be pedantic, the good dr mario kart is right. As an example, if you have 5 ppl taking a test out of 100 points and 4 of them score 1,2,3,4 respectively and the fifth person scores a 95, the average would be 21 and the 'majority' of ppl would be under it. Now, the median (the midpoint in a series of given numbers) here would be 3 and at least half of the given population (5 ppl) will be at or above this number.

[quote name='Blade']Ugh, you just don't get it. You must not drive a Hybrid. ;)[/quote]

Uh oh! This thread is blanketed in smug!!

bread's done
Back