Kentucky CAG roll call!

Sailorneorune

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
(Note to moderators: If this has been done before and has been subsequently destroyed, then do what you want with this thread.)

Bluegrass State Cheap Ass Gamers, stand up and be counted!

I, Sailorneorune, wish to get to know my CAG comrades in my home state a little better. This is the Kentucky CAG roll call thread, in which you give your username and location, as well as tell a little about yourself.

I'm SAILORNEORUNE, a one-year veteran of CAG, and a card-carrying female gamer (gasp!). I'm a second-year college student majoring in IT, and try each day to fit in time for studying and gaming.

My location is in western Kentucky, approximately 2 1/2 hours from Paducah and 40 minutes from Evansville.

That said, welcome all KY CAGs to my humble thread.

Good Morning Fellow KYans,
y2jedi reporting for duty.
Recent 360 purchaser & father of two who plays games between little league and various other fatherly duties.
Stumbled upon this site back in January by googling the term "Cheap games", and have been wasting time at work on these boards ever since.

FYI,
I work near 4 good gaming outlets.
Target,Meijer, EB, & Gamestop. The last two are right across the street from each other and I'm curious how that will play out. I do know that employees at both places seem a little nervous about the prospects.

I can literally throw a rock to these places from my office. So, if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

Just checkin' from Louisville. I am also a father of two and big-time GBA fanboy. I like the GBA because the games are cheaper and they don't require as high of a time commitment as the consoles do. I also live near an EB and a Gamestop that are right around the corner from each other.

In case anyone cares, I am playing Mario Tennis: Power Tour right now and enjoying it thoroughly. If I see any good deals, I will let you all know!

I live in Newport at the moment, and I'm headed off to Glasgow for the weekend in a few hours. I hope that I can shake this hangover by the time I start driving.

BTW, I'll be in Lexington on 4/4 (this coming Tuesday) to see Hank Williams III play at a club called The Dame. Anyone in that area with taste in music ought to check out that show.

[quote name='mykevermin']

BTW, I'll be in Lexington on 4/4 (this coming Tuesday) to see Hank Williams III play at a club called The Dame. Anyone in that area with taste in music ought to check out that show.[/quote]
The Dame is awesome. Do you know if Joe Buck, formerly of Th' Legendary Shack Shakers is still playing for Hank III ?

Howdy KYans. I originally hail from Shelbyville (half-way between Louisville and Lexington), but have since bought a house in Louisville where I am permanently planted for now. I attend Bellarmine University (senior year) where I play tennis for the Men's Varsity team. I'll be graduating in December and then I'll be working for Ernst & Young (CPA firm), so I won't have much time to play around on the boards.

Nice to meet all of you and hopefully we'll be able to help each other out on finding some deals!

-Will

If you build it, they will come... :)

Seriously, nice to meet all of you, and while I'm not disappointed with the turnout, I wonder if there are more CAGs in the western part of the state.

From Louisville here. Born and raised. I don't live in rocks throw from any gaming store but I'm no more than 7-12 minutes from a multitude of places.

Even though I live in Atlanta, I grew up in Bowling Green and lived there until I was 22. I still visit my parents there often, and I'll check in here every now and again. :wave:

Louisville CAG been one forever it seems.

I'm working out at the Zoo in the mantinence office which has me wanting some handheld games but all I seem to play are consoles [xbox fan, saving up for a 360]

I'm living it up in the NKY. Pendleton Kentucky! It's about 45 minutes from Cincinnati OH. I've been on here for about 2 years. I have probably almost destroyed the 3 Gamerushes that are in my area.

Newport, KY here. Moved here from Lexington when I was 8. Found CAG from an EGM article a few years ago. I have a 360 (Gamertag:Rotundra) if anyone wants to add me to their list. I work at Fidelity Investments and am woking on going back to school. I got my girlfriend (Gamertag:big honda girl) into gaming a few years ago, and now it's a tug-of-war for the controller.

My thread lives!

*sniff* I'm so proud... ^___^

Nice to meet all of you.

Lately, I've been turning more towards older games and portable games, simply because they're easier to pick up and drop within a moment's notice. I'm online with my DS now too thanks to a cheap ass grab at Book Broker, so if any of you go online with your DS, feel free to challenge me (only applicable on Mondays and Tuesdays, probably until the end of time).

/tech support

hiya, yay thread lives!

I'm from Louisville, KY near UofL. Was planning on attending computer, but never got around to it. Currently enrolled in JCC downtown, just going for general. I don't find time anymore, only about 3 hours a day or so.

[quote name='yetidaddy']oy, it always seem like the deals are everywhere else but Kentucky.. doesn't it ? Or maybe I'm the last to know about it.[/QUOTE]

HA! So it isn't just me? They're out there...

Reporting in Loo-ee-vaille. Deals can be had, just gotta keep a sharp eye and learn to use up those lunch breaks (deals don't make it past business hours :D).

I usually have to sneak across the bridge to get in on the CAG deals (this is why I hang around in both the KY and IN CAG threads)... I've found my fair share of cool stuff in Henderson, Evansville, and Owensboro, and I REALLY need to get back over to Paducah and raid the classic gaming goldmine I stumbled onto last fall.

If any of you have any locally owned stores that have games near you, give them a look. They may not know what they have... ^_^

[quote name='monkeywithanuzi']HA! So it isn't just me? They're out there...

Reporting in Loo-ee-vaille. Deals can be had, just gotta keep a sharp eye and learn to use up those lunch breaks (deals don't make it past business hours :D).[/quote]
hehe. Very true. I once went into CC hoping to find one copy of .hack but stumple on a lot of pokemon card reader thing. I occassionally find deals on ebay and half.com. Usually is cheaper than my ebgames and gs.

Now I'm more open and looking at target and compusa.

I never checked the ebgames or Gs was it, in Jeffersonville IN ? Did ya see anything in there ?

[quote name='yetidaddy']hehe. Very true. I once went into CC hoping to find one copy of .hack but stumple on a lot of pokemon card reader thing. I occassionally find deals on ebay and half.com. Usually is cheaper than my ebgames and gs.

Now I'm more open and looking at target and compusa.

I never checked the ebgames or Gs was it, in Jeffersonville IN ? Did ya see anything in there ?[/QUOTE]

Naw, they're no better. Too many eBayers in this town. I had better luck during the last CC clearance when I happened to be in Evansville. You gotta get up REAL early and check the deals to get in on 'm quick here.

monkey - I'm glad you were able to get some deals out of that... I had snagged Drill Dozer, Guilty Gear DS, and Metroid Prime 2 from the last clearance, but other than that... nada.

Most of the cheap stuff ends up on ebay or at the Book & Music Exchange. I checked out both tent sales there, which were slightly more organized than a riot. Yikes. o_O

If you're ever in Henderson or Evansville again, you just might see me, raiding the Book Broker.

Stay cool.
sailorneorune

Anyone in the Louisville area lucky enough to score a PS3 preorder this morning? I wasn't :(

Maybe someone would sell me their preorder :)

Hey,

Just noticed the thread! Nice to see so many Ky-ians on the site. Of course, I guess that makes it tougher to get the good deals in Lexington......

I grew up in Richmond, and am now living in Lexington. Been lurking through the boards for a couple of years now.

Take care,
Mike

Z-Saber - sure, why not? The Indiana CAGs don't mind me being in their thread (I think ^^; ), so why should I exclude you from this one?

Levanjm - welcome! :)

Great turnout thus far... though I wish there were more CAGs in the western part of the state. It makes me wish I were a little further east.

I live further out in the country than any of yall, Montgomery County here (30 Miles east of Lexington) although I'm sitting in a comp. lab at school in Lex. now.

Here's a thread I never thought I'd see.

I'm from Louisville, too. I went to Bellarmine College, too. Graduated with a degree in Sociology. I do nothing now. That's what you do with a degree in Sociology.

I wish I could report on some great deals around here, but I don't encounter many good buys. The best way to get cheap games is to purchase them at Best Buy on release week and take advantage of the pricematch + retroactive 10% discount when they inevitably go on sale a few weeks later.

College towns seem to be a mixed bag for CAG deals...

Based on personal experience, I've had the best experiences in Evansville, IN and Cookeville, TN. Murray and Henderson (the latter only counts as a college town on a technicality)... not so much.

/wants to go to Cookeville again... but can't. damn work and all...

Louisville - J-town to be exact. Not to far from the Hurstbourne/Taylorsville sprawl. (2 blockbusters, Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer, 2 Gamestops)

I seem to miss all the great deals as well. :lol: I think there are few ebayers around here. :(

Owner of a trifecta. The 360 gets the most time followed by the PS3 and lastly the Wii. Truthfully, the PS3 only gets play because I never owned a PS2 so I'm catching up on titles I missed. So technically if you exclude PS2 games, and only go by NEW systems, then the Wii has the PS3 titles beat. I actually don't own any PS3 titles, but a half dozen Wii ones.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Howdy KYans. I originally hail from Shelbyville (half-way between Louisville and Lexington),[/QUOTE]

I used to drive out to that Wal-Mart, weekly, in the mid 90's when it first opened. It was a good place to find the hard to find Star Wars figures. I also managed to get a launch PS3 from the Gamestop in the same area.

Born and raised in Louisville and been a cheap ass since I made my first dollar. Still playing PS2 and not even thinking about a new console, maybe a DS or PSP though.

bread's done
Back