Far Cry Instincts: Predator, GRAW, Tomb Raider, and other 360 games, $40 at Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
It's the Asian edition, but has English and will work on a US 360 (according to Play-Asia). Shipping is $3.10.

Thanks to mackaikai for the heads up!

Far Cry Instincts Predator

Other $40 Asian editions witih English that work on US 360's:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Gun
Quake 4
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

:360:Play Asia's Xbox 360 Compatibility Guide

Notes from this thread:
[quote name='OGHowie']Save $5 off $40+ when you pay with paypal
[/quote]

[quote name='ajh2298']Ordered on 4/2, it shipped 4/3, and I got the game today on 4/8. So that was a really nice turnaround for something that was shipping from overseas.[/quote]

Yeah, its the same deal for Blazing Angels too. And GRAW too. Seems like 360 Ubisoft games in general are not region coded.

Does anyone know if this would effect the XBox Live play any? I'm guessing not but I'd rather not be rudely awakened after the fact.

[quote name='Stuka']Yeah, its the same deal for Blazing Angels too. And GRAW too. Seems like 360 Ubisoft games in general are not region coded.

Does anyone know if this would effect the XBox Live play any? I'm guessing not but I'd rather not be rudely awakened after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Good question I'd like to know the awnser also.

Never ordered from Play-Asia.com, but I'm curious. $43 for a 360 game is a great deal especially on a new game. Anyway, are the Asian versions of games still sealed with the Microsoft Security Seal and the same tight shrinkwrap? Just curious.

Thanks.

I'm sure, but I wouldn't count on buying a whole bunch and returning them at other stores. I would imagine the bar code is different.

BTW, Tomb Raider Legends is another title to add to the list of $40 Asian version games that apparently work in a US 360.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Someone has to be the guinea pig and find out.[/QUOTE]
I ordered FarCry last weekend, mostly out of curiosity. As soon as I get it, I can report whether or not it works with Live and any other differences I can discern without actually having the actual US version on-hand to compare.

[quote name='seebelow']I ordered FarCry last weekend, mostly out of curiosity. As soon as I get it, I can report whether or not it works with Live and any other differences I can discern without actually having the actual US version on-hand to compare.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being willing to do that. Your report will have a great deal of impact on my decision to pull the trigger.

I ordered Blazing Angels a while ago and it is been confirmed to be on its was to my house last week. I mentioned this in the 360 thread numerous times but most people shrugged it off. So I decided to give it a shot and order a copy.

As mentioned they also have GRAW, Far Cry, Blazing Angels and just added this week Tomb Raider Legend all on $39.90 with a $3.10 shipping charge.

If I am successful at getting the game working both on and offline I will be buying Tomb Raider next.

I contacted Play-Asia directly about Blazing Angels and they guaranteed the game would work but not sure if it would work online in the US.

I will be posting a full report on Cover Artwork and Instructions Languages, if the game is indeed in full english including game menus and if it works on and offline.

I guess I would be the official guinea pig.

I'm going to try and search out the post I read, but I believe you can sign into Live and play with no problem on these games. If I remember correctly the game's region encoding (or lack of it) doesn't affect what servers you sign into (EDIT: just found another comment on those lines from a CAG'er in this thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90148&highlight=playasia)

Also, I can't see why it would be an issue -- it's not as if you've hacked your Xbox or done any modifications at all to play these games. They play straight out of the box, which isn't the fault of the consumer.

Did you guys notice that No Software is eligible for returns if defective. Go to their help screen.

"Please note that software purchases are excluded from warranty and exchange"

That doesn't seem very fair.

Still, $40.

I think this week Best Buy will have Tomb Raider for 360 at $49.99 so if you use one of those coupons ($5 off) in the best buy coupon book you could get it for $45. Not a bad deal either.

BIG UPDATE

Just got my Far-Cry in the mail and they just sent me just the normal NTSC version, no extra instructions in asian just the normal version I could go and buy down my street for $60.00 but I got it for $43.00.

[quote name='ajh2298']BIG UPDATE

Just got my Far-Cry in the mail and they just sent me just the normal NTSC version, no extra instructions in asian just the normal version I could go and buy down my street for $60.00 but I got it for $43.00.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's pretty bomb... wonder if we all get the same results?

Just got my Far-Cry in the mail and they just sent me just the normal NTSC version, no extra instructions in asian just the normal version I could go and buy down my street for $60.00 but I got it for $43.00.[/quote]

About how long did the whole order take to ship? I'm considering ordering 3 games from them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']About how long did the whole order take to ship? I'm considering ordering 3 games from them.[/QUOTE]

Ordered on 4/2, it shipped 4/3, and I got the game today on 4/8. So that was a really nice turnaround for something that was shipping from overseas.

the question EVERONE wants to ask - do the achievements work? :) we are all holding our breath watching your xbox gamertag!

[quote name='ispeshaled']Is the UPC the same as the retail version? Is it the same game?[/QUOTE]

That's Ubisofts dirty little secret... it's the same as the US game. Same packaging, instructions, disc, etc just with a sticker tossed on the outside wrapper. Not sure if all third parties do this, but it's definately the case with them.

thanks mackaikai...I gave you credit (and linkage) in the OP, but I'm going to close your thread since this one is now bigger.

I've also added links to all $40 Asian edition games that work on US 360's.

Just got my Far-Cry in the mail and they just sent me just the normal NTSC version, no extra instructions in asian just the normal version I could go and buy down my street for $60.00 but I got it for $43.00.[/quote]

Does the online work good (i.e. connecting to US servers and opponents)? If so, I'm ordering Tomb Raider Legends & Quake 4 stat. And maybe Gun too.

[quote name='Stuka']Does the online work good (i.e. connecting to US servers and opponents)? If so, I'm ordering Tomb Raider Legends & Quake 4 stat. And maybe Gun too.[/QUOTE]

Its the same game UPC is the same, packaging is the same, all they did was ship me the U.S version of the game. There are not even any stickers on the packaging or anything to even mention anything about this being the asian release version. I have not tried it out yet but there is no difference in the version they sent me or the version I could go to Best Buy and buy right now,

Here is the deal . . .

Blazing Angels came completely in english. The cover artwork is completely in english. The instructions are in english. The game booted up fine and worked perfectly on xbox live with no problems.

The only thing I notived is the screen printing on the disc isn't as smooth as the games from the states. It still has the official seal on it.

The other two differences I can see with the game is after boot up it does display the 12+ age warning similar to our ESRB rating system and the back of the cover artwork has the same bar code but says made in Sinapore instead of proof of purchase.

I will now be purchasingf Tomb Raider Legend from Play-Asia next!

[quote name='flybrione']Here is the deal . . .

Blazing Angels came completely in english. The cover artwork is completely in english. The instructions are in english. The game booted up fine and worked perfectly on xbox live with no problems.

The only thing I notived is the screen printing on the disc isn't as smooth as the games from the states. It still has the official seal on it.

The other two differences I can see with the game is after boot up it does display the 12+ age warning similar to our ESRB rating system and the back of the cover artwork has the same bar code but says made in Sinapore instead of proof of purchase.

I will now be purchasingf Tomb Raider Legend from Play-Asia next![/QUOTE]

After further review of my copy of "Far Cry" it does say "Made in Singapore" below the barcode, but that seems to be the only difference i can find.

Thanks for the heads up all! I ordered Tomb Raider Legend and Tekken 5 for $49.80. Then realized I could pay via Pay Pal and save $5 off a $40+ order. Went ahead and paid via my credit card, and WITH shipping my order was $50.40. Not bad for 2 games, eh? :D

wow i actually got acknowledged....that thread had to be the first post that I posted that actually meant something...

ok ok stop getting emotional mackaikai...

:)

When did it say it was expected to ship Tomb Raider? When I ordered it, I checked my order and it stated that the estimated ship date was May 2nd. :wall: Did it say this for anyone else?

Thanks for the info. I bit on FCI:p. I'll be anxiously waiting to check it out. This could be a very nice "go to" site for 360 owners in the coming years.

[quote name='merkman']Thanks for the heads up all! I ordered Tomb Raider Legend and Tekken 5 for $49.80. Then realized I could pay via Pay Pal and save $5 off a $40+ order. Went ahead and paid via my credit card, and WITH shipping my order was $50.40. Not bad for 2 games, eh? :D[/QUOTE]

Did the same for Tomb Raider Legends and a extra rechargeable battery pack. Great deal!

[quote name='ejgarc']When did it say it was expected to ship Tomb Raider? When I ordered it, I checked my order and it stated that the estimated ship date was May 2nd. :wall: Did it say this for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Website and my order says April, 21st.

does play asia allow you to cancel orders before they ship? I emailed them but there's no option to cancel or number to call (since they're in asia) but I saw the EBay prices for Far Cry are anywhere from 22-40 and im not that crazy to have the game immediately.

The Best Buy 2 for 30 greatest hits are my gaming budget for this week.

I just ordered Tomb Raider and Quake 4, do you think the Quake 4 bonus disc will work in American systems?

Also how long untill they check to see if Battlefield 2:MC will work North American systems?

bread's done
Back