Lots of 360's at Best Buys

The Best Buy I work at had about 85 systems available for sale today and when I left work tonight at close we still had 50+ (no exact number)
It's the Wilkes Barre PA store.
I expected better sales, but oh well.
I was surprised how many people said "Oh hey, you got them in? I'm waiting for a PS3 since the 360 is too expensive..."

If they know the PS3 is coming out, how can they make that kind of comment??

Oh well.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']The Best Buy I work at had about 85 systems available for sale today and when I left work tonight at close we still had 50+ (no exact number)
It's the Wilkes Barre PA store.
I expected better sales, but oh well.
I was surprised how many people said "Oh hey, you got them in? I'm waiting for a PS3 since the 360 is too expensive..."

If they know the PS3 is coming out, how can they make that kind of comment??

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Well no one has set the PS3 price yet. So many uninformed people are expecting a price of $299 like the PS2. I think it's really going to come down to which system has the best games. I don't see one being any more powerful than the other. The sad thing is that I don't see many people owning both at $399 or more.

There is NO WAY IN HELL the PS3 will cost less than $399.99 unless Sony is willing to take a HUGE loss, which they can't afford. The PlayStation division is what keeps Sony alive.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']There is NO WAY IN HELL the PS3 will cost less than $399.99 unless Sony is willing to take a HUGE loss, which they can't afford. The PlayStation division is what keeps Sony alive.[/QUOTE]

you are completely correct, 10 years back, it was a different story....but nowadays the playstation is sony's #1 product, so its a risk, they are taking with the ps3 price situation.

Its rumored that Sony will launch with a 500 price point, judging how people overpaid for 360's on ebay... this told Sony that people are willing to pay more to be the first one with a new console... and anything to lessen the loss Sony is going to take on this

I really think the problem is that the huge prices would have meant next-to-nothing in some places during the holiday season or so. But since the holiday season has long passed...well, even plenty of college students around here who have the money and have been pining for a 360 are just walking by the available systems now.

Personally, I would have loved to have picked one up during the Meijer sale since I could at least justify spending $310 for a Premium but now...ugh.

I saw 40 cores at the best buy around here... seems like a waste for them to even order the cores since premiums are what any self respecting gamer would buy.

I think Sony will be willing to take an even bigger loss upfront from selling PS3s than usual. Why? Because of the Blu-ray format. If this format becomes a success, Sony will be making money from Blu-ray licensing fees, in addition to licensing fees from the games.

bread's done
Back