How often do you pre-order games?

I said Other, because I used to pre-order games and movies all the time, and then I realized that it never seemed to be worth it, because there were always plenty of copies of the things I was looking for, and if I waited long enough, there'd be some sort of sale...

I never pre-order unless I really want the game day of release AND I'm fairly certain there will be a big demand for it or if there is a really awesome special offer (yet to see one that's worth it yet though). Only game I've ever pre-ordered was Zelda OoT. Oh yeah and that Lord of the Rings RTS that's comming out, but that was only because Amazon.com screwed up on the price.

I usually pre order for the big games that I want, and when they give cool gifts w/ the pre orders.

I did it for Zelda:OOT to get the gold cart, Zelda:Majora's Mask to get the hologram cart, and for Zelda:4 Swords to get the shirt. Those are the only 3 that I can remember.

Halo 2!

I did it once for Chrono Cross just to get the poster, clock and strategy guide... which my little brother promptly ripped to shreds.

I have never found the need to pre-order a game. I can always find a copy of a game i want and i normally wait for reviews first before i just go and buy a game.

I used to pre-order quite a bit, but now that I visit this site regularly I don't do it as much. My only pre-order for the past year or so has been Halo 2.

I used to all the time but now with everything dropping so quickly it's not worth it. I figured I could wait and play some of the games I have already in the mean time. I only have Halo 2 and Fable right now.

I've only pre-ordered two games, ever. Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun (Collectors Edition) and Zelda: Wind Waker w/ Ocarina of Time freebie. I think the reasoning is obvious.

Ive only preordered a few games, like Dragon Warrrior 7, which I figured would be hard to find when it came out, and of course Wind Waker for the OoT bonus disk. I do have Halo 2 preordered because I dont want to have to worry about getting a copy day 1, but mostly I preorder for bonus stuff.

I have only pre-ordered a few times also. Zelda OoT for the gold cart, Diablo II because I had been waiting for it for so long that I decided I wanted it when it first came out. I think that is it. They always have enough copies even if I was going to buy something when it first came out, but like most of you I now wait until it drops in price.

I don't think I've pre-ordered a game since Nintendo gave away the OOT discs with the Zelda purchase. Unless you're getting something pretty cool like that there's no point in doing it anymore. It used to be some games were hard to come by on release day but I don't remember ANY game being scarce on release day since the 16 bit era.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']tales of symphonia![/quote]

same here!
i do pre-orders for the freebies only and i mostly get them through trade ins.

[quote name='BigNick']Halo 2 is my first pre order ever. I jst wanted to make sure I got the limited edition.[/quote]

same here #2! :p

I don't normally preorder games but I had to for games that are coming out the end of this year.
Halo 2 LE
GTA : San Andreas
Resident Evil 4
Gran Turismo 4
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
POP 2
Devil May Cry 3
Yes I know thats hella lot games on preorder. I hope my freshman year is kickback because theres gonna be alot of damned games I'm going to play.

I have preordered about 6 times but each time was because there was a special deal. I've preordered Wind Waker cause of the extra disc. I've preordered Getaway, DMC2, and DOAXV at Gamestop cause of that one trade in deal. They each came to about $20 each. I also preordered FF:CC from EB last xmas. That game also came to about $25. Does preordering and deciding not to actually go buy the game in the end count? I did that with the GC Pokemon game cause I needed the cable for FF:CC.

When I was younger I use to preorder alot, like chrono cross, both psx lunars, perfect dark, Zelda OoT(i woke up at 5 in the morning and my dad dropped me off at the mall and I waited, I was 20th in line, the line spanning all the way through the mall, like 300 people it seemed, I was only in 6th grade or so.) I havent preordered a game in like 3 years though, sometimes I will buy a game at launch though, like GTAs and zeldas, and metroid type stuff.

I've preordered Zelda: Wind Waker for the free OoT/Master Quest disc and also Mario Kart Double Dash because I was under the assumption that the demo disc only came with preorders.

I'll probably preorder the Collector's Edition of Halo 2, but in general I don't usually preorder unless it comes with a bonus of some sort.

i have only preordered 2 games....ever.

the first game was zelda:the wind waker, because of the OoT/MQ bonus disc.

the most recent preorder i made was gta:sa. the only thing i got out of preordering this at the ign gamestore was free overnight shipping. so i figured i would preorder it since this game is #1 on my most wanted list and i would buy the game when it came out anyway.

I never pre-order. I never see the need for it. Besides, Fry's usually beats everyelses prices when it comes to hot new releases and they don't do preorders.

The only game I have either pre-ordered or paid for in full in advance is Double Dash, that was shortly before I became a CAG. I know a large number of people who work at EB now, so at the very worst case I can just ask them to buy it for me.

i haven't pre-ordered a game since soul calibur 2..and i'll pre-order halo 2 somewhere to make sure i get the limited edition....and if any other games that have a tie-in deal i will in the future

bread's done
Back