Onimusha 3 for $13.49.........almost

pinoy530

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at gamecrazy today looking around and I saw Onimusha 3 labeled for $13.49!! Now, I knew this was really the price of Onimusha 2, but I was hoping they wouldnt notice. But when I handed it to him, he was like that cant be right, and he checked and it was $37.79. I was hoping he would give it to me for that price. I got Mario Party 5 for the MP 4 price, saving $6 or so because of a mistake before. But I guess $24 was way too much. :cry:

If it was mispriced, they should have honored the lower price. Usually all you have to do is say something about them honoring it and they will drop it down. If they are resistant, raise a little fuss, and you should always get the lower price. If they WILL NOT do it, talk to the store manager about it.

Really, especially if it has a sticker on it with the incorrect price, they pretty much have to honor it if you insist. Too late now though.

^ what they said.

Ask for the manager, then ask for corporate's # and mention filing a report with the BBB, that combination usually gets things done.

You should have just started hooten and hollerin. Put them on the stand, say something like you won't sell it to me because you want it or something, or if you want you could have spoken to either the supervisor or manager.

Seriously man, go get your game. I picked up Shining Force II for Genesis for $3 there because of a wrong price tag. It was 2.99 on top, 29.99 (i couldnt see this because carts were lined up behind glass case) in front. When I took it to counter, rang up 29.99, showed him the sticker, he went "wow!" a bunch of times, and gave me the game.

Ha, yeah, I was thinking about doing that. But that same guy just picked up a couple of games for me from another game crazy so that I could use the credit that I had at that one.

Besides, I just paid $5 each for Onimusha 1 and 2, both non GH, from CC. I still need to beat those first, so I guess I can wait til 3 drops in price.

You mean none of you see a problem with this? A game store has SKU's for several thousand items, carries hundreds at a time, has people that are trying to correctly price games that have 1-10+ sequels and are working at minimum wage or just above and none of you see nailing them to the wall on an honest mistake so you can take advantage of them for $20-30 morally wrong?

Guess I live in a new generation where I wouldn't be hiring many of you with ethics like that.

I expect perfection, nothing else.

When company hire minimum wage workers with little or no experience, they are saving money. If one of those employees makes a mistake pricing an item they lose money. But, the benfit far outway the potentional losses.

If you can't keep track of your inventory no matter how many sequels there are, you are failing at business. The problem of mismarked prices is probably indicative of a larger problem.

I expect more from a guy with a Reagan avatar ;)

[quote name='rallen']I expect perfection, nothing else.

When company hire minimum wage workers with little or no experience, they are saving money. If one of those employees makes a mistake pricing an item they lose money. But, the benfit far outway the potentional losses.

[/quote]

Let me know when you find these perfect employees. I don't know how much they cost, but their hourly wages must be more expensive that an attorney or doctor, since even they're not infallible.

I also appreciate the fact that you made several grammar and punctuation errors in the three sentences right after you demanded perfection. :roll: I'm obviously clowning you here, but your position is seriously absurd.

I'd be one thing if the store was an awful place, but it seems like the employees have gone out of their way to treat pinoy well. No reason for him to be a dick over an obvious mistake.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You mean none of you see a problem with this? A game store has SKU's for several thousand items, carries hundreds at a time, has people that are trying to correctly price games that have 1-10+ sequels and are working at minimum wage or just above and none of you see nailing them to the wall on an honest mistake so you can take advantage of them for $20-30 morally wrong?

Guess I live in a new generation where I wouldn't be hiring many of you with ethics like that.[/quote]

To answer your question, no I don't see a problem with it, if a game is marked at a certain price and it rings up higher, they damn well better honor the lower price.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You mean none of you see a problem with this? A game store has SKU's for several thousand items, carries hundreds at a time, has people that are trying to correctly price games that have 1-10+ sequels and are working at minimum wage or just above and none of you see nailing them to the wall on an honest mistake so you can take advantage of them for $20-30 morally wrong?

Guess I live in a new generation where I wouldn't be hiring many of you with ethics like that.[/quote]

I'm glad someone wrote it, I'd hate to see 8 responses without a single voice of reason. Most people seem to expect things to be handed over to them if they just make an ass of themselves, and, sadly, it works most of the time. I don't think any of you are babies, so it is probably about time you gave up crying.

The game was mis-marked. It was obviously mis-marked. They could prove that it was mis-marked. If an item is mis-marked, and the store can not provide reasonable proof that it is an error, then they must offer to sell it to you at the marked price, but that is not the case here.

A store has to honor what the tagged price of a game is no matter how overworked and underpaid it's employees are. None of us are saying get the clerk fired, not at all, honest mistakes are made, but when they are, stores are obligated to honor that mistake. Not really a question of ethics. It's not like he changed the price sticker to a lower one himself and tried to get away with that, that would be unethical, rather the incorrect price tag was attached to the game by the store, therefore, it's the stores mistake and they must make good on it.

seems to me they label it with a price as an offer of sale.
it has nothing to do with the consumer if they happen to offer it for too low a price.

Dont start with it being wrong only if the consumer knows the price to be incorrect.

It is an offer, offers are legally binding. maybe they should check their prices with more gusto.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You mean none of you see a problem with this? A game store has SKU's for several thousand items, carries hundreds at a time, has people that are trying to correctly price games that have 1-10+ sequels and are working at minimum wage or just above and none of you see nailing them to the wall on an honest mistake so you can take advantage of them for $20-30 morally wrong?

A store has to honor what the tagged price of a game is no matter how overworked and underpaid it's employees are. None of us are saying get the clerk fired, not at all, honest mistakes are made, but when they are, stores are obligated to honor that mistake. Not really a question of ethics. It's not like he changed the price sticker to a lower one himself and tried to get away with that, that would be unethical, rather the incorrect price tag was attached to the game by the store, therefore, it's the stores mistake and they must make good on it.[/quote]

Word. :applause:

If its your local and you always go there you have to remember you will be dealing with them often in the future.
I would feel uncomfortable frequenting a store i caused an incident in. Some people dont like to cause trouble . :p - but thats just me.

I got Conflict: Desert Storm 2 for $20 because it was misplaced in the place of Conflict: Desert Storm 1.

It was only a month or so after release.

... Yet, I still feel kind of cheated on my $20.

bread's done
Back