I like girls who are bad ass.... Ergo Anime (Thread)

jaykrue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
ergoproxyphoto045ee.jpg

LiquidNight-- is there any reason for me to read the Monster manga after watching the series? like any other revelations after the point where the series ends :)

I watched the first 26 episodes of the anime and it stuck to the manga like glue, so I dont think so.

You can, howver, go and buy the manga to support the author because its cheaper than DVDs and is already being brought stateside.

sweet, I think I'll do that..glad to see it made its way over here. how many books are in the series?

[quote name='Apossum']sweet, I think I'll do that..glad to see it made its way over here. how many books are in the series?[/QUOTE]
18 books in all. Book 2 comes out this month, if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='Apossum']sweet, I think I'll do that..glad to see it made its way over here. how many books are in the series?[/QUOTE]

It is an awesome manga (Berserk). I hate the anime since it ended so abruptly.
As for the manga, it is going to take you a while to read it all. Japan has 30 volumes so far (and it is not even close to being done).

For those of you who are posting pics, please take ONE second of your time to post the name of the anime along with the character name.

For those of you who are posting pics, please take ONE second of your time to post the name of the anime along with the character name.

thanks

[quote name='wbc1228']For those of you who are posting pics, please take ONE second of your time to post the name of the anime along with the character name.[/quote]

Well, the first one is from Ergo Proxy, and you got me how you actually spell her name. I've heard Lil, Ril, Lir...It's the whole Japanese l's and r's.

One Piece has really be consistantly great for its whole run thus far. Times like this remind me of that:

for those of you watching Ergo Proxy, which subs are you getting?

I'm getting them from shinsen because they are a kick ass group (and the h264 versions that they relase are incredibly high quality), but shinsen has a bad habit of juggling too many projects, making them slow.

I havent heard about any of the other groups before except for A-kraze, but they're only to ep 2 like and shinsen.
which groups releases would you guys recommend?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']According to Wikipedia the Yokota American Airbase...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood:_The_Last_Vampire

saya2ne.jpg

I haven't actually seen this yet, but the girl is definitely badass from this pic.
[/quote]
The girl is bad ass but the movie isn't, unfortunately.

While on topic, some of you guys might now, how similar is Blood+ to Blood the Last Vampire? I've always stayed away from it because I didn't like the movie.

[quote name='dcfox']The girl is bad ass but the movie isn't, unfortunately.

While on topic, some of you guys might now, how similar is Blood+ to Blood the Last Vampire? I've always stayed away from it because I didn't like the movie.[/QUOTE]I know what you mean. about not liking the movie. The series is pretty different and it's pretty good.

[quote name='LiquidNight']for those of you watching Ergo Proxy, which subs are you getting?

I'm getting them from shinsen because they are a kick ass group (and the h264 versions that they relase are incredibly high quality), but shinsen has a bad habit of juggling too many projects, making them slow.

I havent heard about any of the other groups before except for A-kraze, but they're only to ep 2 like and shinsen.
which groups releases would you guys recommend?[/quote]

Yeah, shinsen's pretty slow. I like anime-u though I think they've dropped the series. So I've opted for Yoroshiku (since they were cosubbing with anime-u till they dropped)... Jelly Caption Team would come a close 2nd. I personally don't think their subs are all that but they come out the most consistently.

Mao from FMP is bad ass as well, as are the twins from FMP ( I dont have a good pic, but one is the one in white, mao's the one in the combat suit)

I went to the first anime club meeting in a few weeks and we finished up Gokudo, which was pretty funny, with a Gundam reference in the finale. Comic Party is the next show that we're continuing, which I enjoyed the first few episodes that I got to see before.

I watched the first 4 episodes of Ah my Goddess last night and I loved them. I look forward to watching the rest as I download them. If you're interested, check out Got Woot, as they have the AonE sub of the show.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Nice. :cool:[/QUOTE]

yeah she's a spark plug, you confused me for a second cause I thought I posted in the other one, and i see me quoted here.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']yeah she's a spark plug, you confused me for a second cause I thought I posted in the other one, and i see me quoted here.[/QUOTE]
Naruto looks like he's on every drug possible. :rofl:

According to the interview in this month's Shonen Jump, the creator of Naruto already has the ending pegged. Not only does he know how it will go down, but he's got everything planned in his head.

[quote name='Rig']According to the interview in this month's Shonen Jump, the creator of Naruto already has the ending pegged. Not only does he know how it will go down, but he's got everything planned in his head.[/QUOTE]
And it'll set up Naruto Z. :D

Well, I finally finished Shakugan no Shana, and it was very enjoyable. It was kinda weird how it seemed like besides
Shana confessing to Yuji
absolutely nothing was accomplished in the final arc. But I definitely can't wait to see the movie whenever it comes out and hopefully it can be like FMP and get a second season since there's apparently a lot more of the story left in the manga, which is still going on right now.

[quote name='Rig']According to the interview in this month's Shonen Jump, the creator of Naruto already has the ending pegged. Not only does he know how it will go down, but he's got everything planned in his head.[/QUOTE]And where, preferably online, might I read this?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']And where, preferably online, might I read this?[/quote]

It's in the Mar 2006 (Vol. 4 Issue 5) issue of Shonen Jump. (Luffy with a baseball on the cover.) I would assume it will eventually be posted here. (Though it hasn't been posted yet...)

Not a very good interview anyway. I don't like SJ interviews. Too few questions and some are just a waste.

[quote name='dcfox']The girl is bad ass but the movie isn't, unfortunately.

While on topic, some of you guys might now, how similar is Blood+ to Blood the Last Vampire? I've always stayed away from it because I didn't like the movie.[/QUOTE]

I believe that film was done mainly as a portfolio piece for the animation company that made it. Regardless of the plot and the short length, it was gorgeous!

[quote name='karsh']Well, I finally finished Shakugan no Shana, and it was very enjoyable. It was kinda weird how it seemed like besides
Shana confessing to Yuji
absolutely nothing was accomplished in the final arc. But I definitely can't wait to see the movie whenever it comes out and hopefully it can be like FMP and get a second season since there's apparently a lot more of the story left in the manga, which is still going on right now.[/quote]

I've left this series on the backburner but I'll give it another shot. Anyway, just saw the 1st episode of Disgaea subbed by Anime U. Storywise, it was ok (but then again, there's only so much story you can pack in the 1st eps.) but not great. Visually, nothing noteworthy but solid. It's much better than the raw (which I also saw) as it's been tidied up quite a bit in comparision. I do like what Anime U is doing - using a note on top of the screen in the Disgaea format whenever a special move is done - though I do question their choice of font for the subtitles. Overall, an above average episode but nothing exceptional. And that's my review for LiquidNight. And if anyone thinks I'm being a total hater, I'm not, as I love the game so I'm judging this strictly on its own merits.

For those truly interested in Eureka 7, Friday Night Fix will have the premiere episode up this Friday for you to watch. Or you can just watch it on Saturday, whichever's easier.

I can't wait for the new Naruto episodes, as there's going to be a marathon of new episodes. It seems it'll be three new episodes, to be exact. It starts at 8 PM with the recap episode at 8, then the three new episodes after that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For those truly interested in Eureka 7, Friday Night Fix will have the premiere episode up this Friday for you to watch. Or you can just watch it on Saturday, whichever's easier.

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up!

I like the sig jaykrue.

Any thread with badass girls can't leave out this one...

Jakotsu13.jpg

Jakotsu from Inu-Yasha.

can't help myself, i like to do that.. :rofl:

[quote name='penmyst']Any thread with badass girls can't leave out this one...

Jakotsu from Inu-Yasha.

can't help myself, i like to do that.. :rofl:[/quote]

Damn, I forgot all I had to do was point to my sig! :lol:

Hehe, just saw an anime that I think subbie would like. It's called 'Today in Class 5-2' and it's... unique. :bouncy: There's no nudity but there is definitely an 'adult' atmosphere to it. It's basically about the school day adventures of a bunch of 5th graders. There's a LOT of implied sexual innuendo plus a healthy dosage of loli fanservice - and, in one scenario, an 'unconventionally sexy' body part. :lol:

Pssst. It's the collarbone.

But it's quite funny in an Azumanga sorta way. I'll give it a 8/10.

[quote name='Fire']Hey guys, where would be some good sites to find some subbed anime to download?[/quote]

animesuki.com
baka-updates.com

[quote name='jaykrue']animesuki.com
baka-updates.com[/quote]
I just started watching Pani Poni Dash and I have to with agree with your sig. If you add completely off the wall weird than it would be dead on.

[quote name='dcfox']I just started watching Pani Poni Dash and I have to with agree with your sig. If you add completely off the wall weird than it would be dead on.[/quote]
To me, that's just dessert on top of a 3 course meal. It ain't the fanciest, but you can be sure it'll satisfy you. :lol: My favorite character would have to be Himeko simply because of her child-like personality. It almost makes her cuter than Becky. That and her catchphrase, "Maho" is an addicting thing to say. I was actually at Barnes & Noble today, and while ordering a mocha frap, I said that at the end. :oops: It's a good thing the lady wasn't paying close attention. :lol:

EDIT: DB Naruto 180 is out now.

[quote name='jaykrue']To me, that's just dessert on top of a 3 course meal. It ain't the fanciest, but you can be sure it'll satisfy you. :lol: My favorite character would have to be Himeko simply because of her child-like personality. It almost makes her cuter than Becky. That and her catchphrase, "Maho" is an addicting thing to say. I was actually at Barnes & Noble today, and while ordering a mocha frap, I said that at the end. :oops: It's a good thing the lady wasn't paying close attention. :lol:

EDIT: DB Naruto 180 is out now.[/quote]
Was she omega kawaii? :lol:

And I haven't been keeping up with Naruto. Are the fillers over?

[quote name='dcfox']Was she omega kawaii? :lol:

And I haven't been keeping up with Naruto. Are the fillers over?[/quote]

OMEGA OMEGA KAWAII!!! :bouncy:

and sadly, I must report, the fillers are not yet over. :cry:

bread's done
Back