CheapyD's Japan Deals Bragging Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
For those who care, I figured I'd keep a running list of my game-related deals thus far in Japan.
I will only list items that I consider deals (no full price items).

Purchased
:360:
King Kong $17 - ¥1980 used/mint
NFS: Most Wanted $25 - ¥2980 used/mint
Memory Card $12 - ¥1480 new
Rechargable Battery Pack ¥480 new

:gc:
Super Mario Strikers - ¥1980 used/mint

:ds:
Daigasso! Band Brothers $13 - ¥1500 used/complete
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! $25 - ¥3000 used/mint

:psp:
Katamari PSP Case - Free! new

:gba:
Kid Icarus (English title) $9 - ¥980 used/mint

Which Katamari case is it CheapyD? Is it the same one that EBgames and GameStop gave out for preorders here in the US?

Also, good job picking up Xbox 360 games for so cheap. It would probably be cheaper for US 360 owners to just import games.

Wow, how much would it cost you to ship me a Daigasso and Ouenden? (this is both a curious request for an estimate and a half-hearted request for you to buy me some if it's well below a $40-$50 total I would pay one of the import stores ;))

[quote name='botticus']Wow, how much would it cost you to ship me a Daigasso and Ouenden? (this is both a curious request for an estimate and a half-hearted request for you to buy me some if it's well below a $40-$50 total I would pay one of the import stores ;))[/quote]
Most of these deals are not easily duplicated (only 1 or 2 in-stock)...that Daigasso deal was 2x as cheap as ive seen it anywhere else.
Regardless, I'm really not too interested in opening a mail-order business at this time, but I don't blame you for asking ;)

[quote name='buya89']Do japanese games work on American xbox360? and do mem cards?[/quote]Accessories...yes. Games...no. Some Asian Region games do though... http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Damn, I want a memory card. I'll be flying into Nagoya...wanna take that drive/bike down from Tokyo and hand it to me at the airport?

Cheapy's up late. Nice deals.

If you're opening a mail-order business, even against your will, how much would it cost to send one of those cool-looking Final Fantasy "energy drinks" ti the US, Ohio?
And, nice deals on those Xbox360 games, guess the Japanese really do hate MS

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Damn, I want a memory card. I'll be flying into Nagoya...wanna take that drive/bike down from Tokyo and hand it to me at the airport?

Cheapy's up late. Nice deals.[/QUOTE]

Drive/bike "down" from Tokyo? :shock:

Nagoya - Tokyo takes 2-3 HOURS by BULLET TRAIN (Shinkansen).
I couldn't fathom how long it would take by BIKE.... :lol:

Anywho, if you make it over to the main Nagoya station, go to the JR side and look for Sofmap. They have some great deals on used and new games and a pretty huge selection. Also, Bic Camera is right across the street for all your new releases.

My deals in Japan (sorry Cheapy, I HAD TO! ;) ):

PS2 - Guilty Gear X Plus DX pack (includes light up statue, keychain, metal necklace and OVA DVD, USED & COMPLETE) - 1450 yen (~$12)
PS2 - Namco X Capcom (USED, complete) - 2500 yen (~$22)
PS2 - Garou: Mark of the Wolves LE box set (NEW) - 4400 yen (~$42)
DC - SEGAGAGA LE Box set (only available from SEGA Direct, USED & COMPLETE) - 8500 yen (~$83)
DS - Children of Mana (NEW) - 2600 yen (~$24)(this is just DAYS before the Play-Asia sale)
DS - Puzzle Bobble DS (NEW) - 2000 yen (~$28)
DS - Ouendan (USED, complete) - 2400 yen (~$22)
PS1 - Tobal 2 (USED, complete minus spine card)- 680 yen (~$5!!) :shock:
PS1 - Rival Schools 2 (NEW) - 1450 yen (~$12)
PS1 - Parodius (USED, complete) - 4400 yen (~$42)
PS1 - SEXY Parodius (USED, minus spine card) - 4400 yen (~$42)
N64 - Sin & Punishment (NEW) - 1280 yen (~$10)

*grin*

*EDIT* Updated with approximate prices in USD!

[quote name='botticus']Currency conversion would make your deals more brag-worthy ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, at first I was like "......I don't remember saying that.....?" :lol:

Above post update'd.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Drive/bike "down" from Tokyo? :shock:

Nagoya - Tokyo takes 2-3 HOURS by BULLET TRAIN (Shinkansen).
I couldn't fathom how long it would take by BIKE.... :lol:[/quote]Exactly. Might give him a chance to appreciate the scenery. Besides his tall American frame lets him cover 3x as much ground in one whole pedal than the typical Japanese.

Hey how do you like Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!. I'm addicted to it, it's a lot of fun. On my 17 hour bus ride, I got a lot of attention with people watching me play. I got it for $34 shipped new imported via ebay

I just found out last week that I'm being given an all-expense-paid trip to Japan and South Korea in June (from a college journalism competition) which includes a trip to Akihabara (this'll be my second), so hopefully I'll have a list of my own in June :)

[quote name='Gameboy415']
PS1 - SEXY Parodius (USED, minus spine card) - 4400 yen (~$42)

[/quote]

Yay for shooters with chicks in tubs!

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Yay for shooters with chicks in tubs![/QUOTE]

And a soundtrack featuring a MIDI cover of "That's The Way I Like It"!!!!!!! :D

picked up Super Mario Strikers - ¥1980 used/mint
Also paid full price for New Super Mario Brothers
¥4100

[quote name='CheapyD']
Also paid full price for New Super Mario Brothers
¥4100[/quote]

Wow, that's a lot considering most people here picked it up for $25 new ;).

Well, from what I can tell, new games in Japan have been the opposite of cheap (even more so when getting them from import stores), and very few games have been worth paying full price for in recent years (in my opinion).

HOWEVER, New Super Mario Bros. is one of these games.

/paid $5 for hers
//well, I threw in a gently used Pokemon Emerald ;-)

During Golden Week I found:

Radiant Silvergun for SS for about $120
Gamera 2000 for PS1 for about $11
Puzzle Bobble DS for $15
Guilty Gear XX Slash for PS2 for about $45

Boo ya.

what's golden week? is Radiant Silvergun easy to find there? is that price for a new copy? why is my mom watching the Fast and the Furious?

Picked up a used/mint Kid Icarus for GBA (only released in Japan) for 980 yen.
It's worth it just to hear the songs!

bread's done
Back