Real Stinkers from the CC $4.99 sale

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
What games from the $4.99 CC sale could you have lived without?

Aliens vs Predator: Extinction (Xbox)
It's fun and all, but I want to kick some ass, not have to remember all these button assignments... press Black for this, white for that, hold L then press x.. ARGH!!!

UFC Throwdown (GC)
It's boring... might have been better if I actually knew the sport...

Vexx (PS2)
Screams 'generic'...

I'd have to say Megaman X7 was pretty average. Not a stinker, but definitely not very good.

The voices are absolutely the gayest thing since Richard Simmons.

I could've lived with Roadkill, but for $5 I can't really complain sicne it'd cost that much to rent it. My brother picked up Spy Hunter 2 and isn't that impressed. I guess the next time Gamerush runs a good trade-in deal those will be going.

I really didn't enjoy state of emercency that much. next time i play i'm going to look up codes for unlimited ammo :p

I grabbed the last copy of Maximo, which is good.
Other than that, I'm somewhat frightened to start playing the others:
Roadkill
Road Trip [*bizarre* little car exploration/quest game]
Summoner [got good/decent reviews, but has obviously been left in the dust technology wise]

I'm not enjoying ESPN Golf 2002 (GBA) as much as I though I was going to but hey, $5 is almost nothing for a game...

Sales like this are sort of a crap shoot.

Cheaper to buy than rent, but then your stuck with something sucking up space and energy from you. Nothing is more annoying than a game you have tried to sell like 4 times on eBay, and nobody wants it at any price... there are plenty of games that fit that description.

[quote name='Wlogan31']How bout Eternal Ring....

1st Person RPG...Nuff Said[/quote]

::hides in shame:: I started playing this the other day... wow... 1st generation at its best... damn...

I just played through the original summoner about 2 months ago, i liked it a lot, but i also love almost any RPG so you have to take that into consideration. I liked it enough to buy the 2nd one which i haven't started yet though.

[quote name='Squirms']Disney's Party is a terrible game, but I bought it for my son and he loves it.[/quote]

take your son to a therapist right away!

after just seeing my gf play this game, i started looking at mens hineys in a whole new way...

[quote name='javeryh']I'm not enjoying ESPN Golf 2002 (GBA) as much as I though I was going to but hey, $5 is almost nothing for a game...[/quote]

Mario Golf on the Game Boy Color is an AWESOME golf game...
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/167384.asp

I have 55 hours logged on the in-game timer, lol. It saves replays of your last 5 birdies, eagles, albatrosses, and hole-in-ones. It has an RPG like story mode. 4 courses + 1 hidden course. Just a fun game. I play this in my Gameboy Advance more than my other GBA games.

Mario Golf Advance Tour for GBA looks good but I haven't played it yet.

Aww, man. I bought Stake for XB because the box art looked good. I thought it'd be like Power Stone. I haven't played it yet but NO ONE who's played it on here likes it. I'll have to experience it for myself.

On an embarassing note: I bought King's Field PS2 because I liked and finished Eternal Ring :oops:

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Squirms']Disney's Party is a terrible game, but I bought it for my son and he loves it.[/quote]

after just seeing my gf play this game, i started looking at mens hineys in a whole new way...[/quote]

I'd consider 'Super Duper Sumos' a much bigger offender in this respect.

[quote name='bradr']Aww, man. I bought Stake for XB because the box art looked good. I thought it'd be like Power Stone. I haven't played it yet but NO ONE who's played it on here likes it. I'll have to experience it for myself.

On an embarassing note: I bought King's Field PS2 because I liked and finished Eternal Ring :oops:[/quote]

I've enjoyed all of From Software's first person RPGs and look forward to more. The only one I didn't finish was Shadow Tower which had some severe playability problems from trying to do too much on the limited platform. There is a sequel due but I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the first for a current platform where it can be better realized.

I also enjoyed Evergace a fair bit but its prequel Forever Kingdom is severely flawed.

When the first PS2 demo reel came out in 1999 the part that got me the most excited was the King's Field IV graveyard.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Squirms']Disney's Party is a terrible game, but I bought it for my son and he loves it.[/quote]

after just seeing my gf play this game, i started looking at mens hineys in a whole new way...[/quote]

I'd consider 'Super Duper Sumos' a much bigger offender in this respect.[/quote]
Great. I just gave that game to my 6 year old nephew. :oops:

[quote name='Querjek']Sure, Vexx is very generic... but I wouldn't say it's bad at all.[/quote]

I agree, I think its a whole lot of fun. Just think mario 64, but not as good.

bread's done
Back