GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

I'm still kicking myself for buying Killer 7 for $50.

Even though it was a good game...

P.S. 1st post! :D

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']When does the 75% off start? Weekend before Memorial Day or Memorial Day Monday?[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone at GR is actually 100% sure on when it starts at the moment.

[quote name='shipwreck']I doubt anyone at GR is actually 100% sure on when it starts at the moment.[/QUOTE]

And from past experience I doubt that many at GR will be 100% sure when it starts AFTER it's already started.

"I doubt anyone at GR is actually 100% sure on when it starts at the moment."

Truer words have never been spoken. I sometimes wonder what goes on at their corporate meetings. I imagine their meetings are similar to the Simpson's stonecutters episode.

[quote name='grecianfox']
Truer words have never been spoken. I sometimes wonder what goes on at their corporate meetings. I imagine their meetings are similar to the Simpson's stonecutters episode.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Gamerush is ever brought up... Blockbuster dosen't seem to give a shit about it anymore.

When is the last time you've seen a new Gamerush open?

[quote name='Americanpierg']fight night round 2 for gc does NOT get 27 dollars...thats impossible, must have changed to like 12 now from janurary[/QUOTE]

First thing I posted in the OP:
Note: Will update known trade-in prices etc. soon. I just wanted to get a new thread started.

Shipwreck, I can confirm Star Wars: Republic Commando is clearanced for $15.

Can anybody confirm a clearance price for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II-PS2? Thanks.

shipwreck i didnt know if you wanted us to tell you one to add to list but i got arc the lad twighlight for 7 dollars, i have to say i have 5 gr near me and they are well stocked, so i am happy

[quote name='neocisco']Shipwreck, I can confirm Star Wars: Republic Commando is clearanced for $15.

Can anybody confirm a clearance price for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II-PS2? Thanks.[/quote]

i didnt buy but yes it is confirmed, i put it back after i saw another rack that had playboy

[quote name='camelking6969']shipwreck i didnt know if you wanted us to tell you one to add to list but i got arc the lad twighlight for 7 dollars, i have to say i have 5 gr near me and they are well stocked, so i am happy[/QUOTE]

Yep, I mentioned this in the last thread - my GR has a complete list (now, finally) and this was on it. Of course, they didn't have a copy. If anyone wants to trade let me know...

Another 'new' game I saw on the list was Star Wars Starfighter for PS2. I'll see if I can compare the list here with their list some time this week to see if there are any more hidden clearance games.

[quote name='jkircos']Picked up Tetris DS today!! And they had Metroid Prime Hunters in stock! This was at the Plymouth, MI GR.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck! You're kidding, right? Any chance they had Odama? Yeah, I know, pushing my luck.

Edit- just called my GR, they claim their one and only copy of Tetris is in (I asked them to hold it for me as I didn't preorder - we'll see how that goes), but NO Metroid. Very strange... :whistle2:k

[quote name='jkircos']Picked up Tetris DS today!! And they had Metroid Prime Hunters in stock! This was at the Plymouth, MI GR.[/QUOTE]
No shit? I guess I can call and go over there tomorrow.

I hate you people for giving me false hope. No Tetris, No MP:H... guy almost sent me through the roof when he gave me that "We had 5 on order, sold all 5", but that meant they hadn't gotten them yet as we used to experience back in the day. And apparently, the best day to check is on Friday. fuck Friday!

Too little too late... already sold my credit today and picked up two copies at Best Buy, with money left over to go spend at stores that actually receive stock on time.

Good for the rest of you, though.

They speak the truth! The south St. Petersburg, FL Game Rush had both "Tetris DS" and "Metroid Prime Hunters" in stock today. They were both sitting there right on the shelf much to my surprise. They also had "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Legend" in stock as well.

Hopefully the new deals and used deals will be good. I might be picking up a PS2 around that time, and if I can burn my credit on some cheap used games, that would be great.

Thanks for the new thread ship.

[quote name='GunstarRed']They speak the truth! The south St. Petersburg, FL Game Rush had both "Tetris DS" and "Metroid Prime Hunters" in stock today. They were both sitting there right on the shelf much to my surprise. They also had "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Legend" in stock as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know what's up with Metroid, but I was able to pick up the store's one and only copy of Tetris tonight, but no Metroid Prime Hunters to be found...

I also verified that I have a preorder for Odama (I don't have a receipt as they switched it on the phone for me back in Jan). I also don't know how people are hearing "Friday" on that one as they claim it says the release date is May 5th in their computer. And still none are on order :bomb:. Saw it at Target tonight.

Anyway, I was able to compare the list in the OP with the list in store of the clearance games. There are MANY not listed. I tried to write down as many as I could, but skipped many of the old sports games and probably many others - but nothing too interesting or too current I hope.

Here's what I came up with:

:gba:
Advance Wars 2
Dynasty Warriors Advance
Fire Emblem
Shrek 2 Beg For Mercy
Spyro Orange

:gc:
Def Jam Vendetta (also for PS2)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga w/drums
F-Zero GX
Kirby Air Ride
Mega Man Network Transmission
Pokemon Channel
Resident Evil 0
Spyro Hero's Tale
SSX Tricky (also for PS2, Xbox)
Tak Power of Juju (also for PS2)
Tony Hawk 3 & 4
Ty Tasmanian Tiger 2 (and presumably 1 since it is on PS2 list)
X2

:xbox:
Amped 2
Alias
Alter Echo
Batman Sin Tzu
Burnout
Chronicles of Riddick
Deus X
Gladius
Indiana Jones
Legacy Kain
Mafia
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Midtown Madness 3
NFSU
Outlaw Volleyball
Rainbow 6 Black Arrow
Raze's Hell
Shellshock Nam
Sims
Soul Calibur II
Star Wars Republic Commando (3rd verification for this! :D)
TMNT 2

:ps2:
Arc The Lad
Baldur's Gate II
Batman Sin Tzu
Catwoman
Chaos Legion
Def Jam NY
Dragon Ball Z Budokai
Dynasty Warriors 4 & 5
Fight Club
Freaky Flyers
Gladius
Hobbit
Hunter Reckoning
Hulk
Legacy Kain
Mark of Kri
Midway Arcade Treasures (1)
MLB '04
MLB '06 (and presumably '05 as well)
Mojo ($5 after discount - I might actually get this!)
NBA Street 2 and 3
NBA Ballers
Onimusha 3
Psi-Ops
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2
Samurai Warriors
Shadow of Rome
Shinobi
Spawn
Spyhunter 2
Star Wars Starfighter
Tak Juju (the 1st one)
Timesplitters
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Transformers
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Vietcong Purple Haze
XIII
Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist

Now hopefully this expanded list is not the additional items for sale that we've heard about. When I looked at more carefully tonight I realized it had many more games that we hadn't seen mentioned in this thread before, so I'm a little worried that it is. But there's still TONS of games they could (and probably should) clearance at the store.

If anyone can pick up Arc The Lad ($15 before discount) or Tak for GC (price??) I can get tons of stuff for trade.

Stopped by local BB to return Jarhead DVD, and saw a bunch of newly stocked used games but none worthy of mentioning. Death Jr., however caught my eye but it's pre-played $34.99... hopefully it will be on the upcoming 50% off list. Or else I'll have to "hide" it somewhere and wait for the pre-played deal coming up in may. LOL... until then Metal Gear Ac!d 2 will have to do for now...

[quote name='camelking6969']i didnt buy but yes it is confirmed, i put it back after i saw another rack that had playboy[/quote]
Do you remember what the price was for BG: dAII-PS2?

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Stopped by local BB to return Jarhead DVD, and saw a bunch of newly stocked used games but none worthy of mentioning. Death Jr., however caught my eye but it's pre-played $34.99... hopefully it will be on the upcoming 50% off list. Or else I'll have to "hide" it somewhere and wait for the pre-played deal coming up in may. LOL... until then Metal Gear Ac!d 2 will have to do for now...[/quote]

I saw last night at GR that Death Jr. brand new is $29.99, so maybe they haven't gotten around to bringing down the used price yet, because there's a used copy at my store I've had my eye on as well.

[quote name='io']Now hopefully this expanded list is not the additional items for sale that we've heard about. When I looked at more carefully tonight I realized it had many more games that we hadn't seen mentioned in this thread before, so I'm a little worried that it is. But there's still TONS of games they could (and probably should) clearance at the store.

If anyone can pick up Arc The Lad ($15 before discount) or Tak for GC (price??) I can get tons of stuff for trade.[/QUOTE]

It has to be the additional items... I think people on here would have started crapping themselves if Dynasty Warriors 5 was originally on sale.

[quote name='Logain8955']Is the 50% off accessories good for ALL new accessories? They have a 360 controller I'd love to pick up for PC gaming. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

NO

It is most used accessories (except 360 stuff) and SOME new ones (again, no Xbox360 stuff though).

They had a separate list of accessory items that I will glance through next time to see if there's any gems we've missed.
But both lists (the games and accessories) are not in any order so that made it a pain to compare to the OP list.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Anyone know what the price of DW 4 & 5, and samurai warriors on ps2 are after the discount?[/QUOTE]

I had no idea those were hot titles or I would have checked if my GR had them in stock and for what price! I'm thinking one of the Dynasty Warriors has been sitting in their clearance section for a while now, but I'm not sure.

I thought the big news would be Fire Emblem (original GBA one) and Advance Wars 2. Of course, my GR doesn't have these.

[quote name='io']
I thought the big news would be Fire Emblem (original GBA one) and Advance Wars 2. Of course, my GR doesn't have these.[/quote]

advance wars 2 was I think $14 at CC so that's when I snatched that one up. Might pick up Fire Emblem though if its $10

[quote name='io']NO

It is most used accessories (except 360 stuff) and SOME new ones (again, no Xbox360 stuff though).

They had a separate list of accessory items that I will glance through next time to see if there's any gems we've missed.
But both lists (the games and accessories) are not in any order so that made it a pain to compare to the OP list.[/QUOTE]

Damn, oh well. Thanks man.

Those aren't the new items. Many of those have been sitting in my local GR's during the 50% off sale. It's just hard for me to remember them all (especially when they are titles I already own or have no interest in).

[quote name='shipwreck']Those aren't the new items. Many of those have been sitting in my local GR's during the 50% off sale. It's just hard for me to remember them all (especially when they are titles I already own or have no interest in).[/quote]

I too have seen those titles on the 50% off since the beginning of the sale.

Trade-in prices still holding:

Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One Collector's Edition $30
Kessen III $24

And it looks like the stars will be alligning so that I will actually update the OP tonight.

Oh, and still no list of new clearance games. I'm guessing they pushed it back to next week after the Easter weekend.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Too risky to buy Gun Griffon (XBOX) and trade-in at GR. I know GR spies among this website and it's drop down very soon.[/QUOTE]

It's been that price since August of last year, so they've certainly taken their time with that one.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Too risky to buy Gun Griffon (XBOX) and trade-in at GR. I know GR spies among this website and it's drop down very soon.[/QUOTE]
Is Allied Strike still on Amazon? All I see now is Gun Griffon Blaze.

Strangely enough, Allied Strike is also off GS.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back