What can I get for an unopened game at Gamestop?

Lennylightspeed

CAG Veteran
Here's the deal...I bought a copy of R: Racing Evolution on ebgames.com and the more I think about it/ read about the game...I don't really want it, but I do want Tales of Symphonia. So I was wondering what price I could expect on R:RE if it were unopened. Thank you for your time.

You will get the same amount that they give for opened/used games. I bought a couple sealed copies of Aggressive Inline for the GBA a while back for $3.00 each at Shopko. When I traded them in, I asked if I would get the used value or new. I was told that unless I had a receipt, it would be for the used price.

Gamestop considers any new shrinkwrapped game that customers bring in to be 'used'. They will buy your game at the regular used buy-back price and put it on the shelves as a new game. My advice is to take your game to Wal-Mart. They are usually very lenient on returns without a receipt.

[quote name='steve_k']Gamestop considers any new shrinkwrapped game that customers bring in to be 'used'. They will buy your game at the regular used buy-back price and put it on the shelves as a new game. My advice is to take your game to Wal-Mart. They are usually very lenient on returns without a receipt.[/quote]

It'd be best to not support or suggest illegal and immoral activities here. Especially if you don't want flamed, just a quick warning.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='steve_k']Gamestop considers any new shrinkwrapped game that customers bring in to be 'used'. They will buy your game at the regular used buy-back price and put it on the shelves as a new game. My advice is to take your game to Wal-Mart. They are usually very lenient on returns without a receipt.[/quote]

It'd be best to not support or suggest illegal and immoral activities here. Especially if you don't want flamed, just a quick warning.[/quote]

Good catch cornfed. Also, steve_k is incorrect. Gamestop will open the case and sell it as used. They can not sell it as a new game if they take it in trade. Also, they need to open it when you trade it to check the condition and make sure that you didn't re-shrinkwrap an empty case.

Not only will Gamestop pay you the "used" rate, but they'll open the game, check the contents, then throw it in with the other used games.

[quote name='steve_k']Gamestop considers any new shrinkwrapped game that customers bring in to be 'used'. They will buy your game at the regular used buy-back price and put it on the shelves as a new game. My advice is to take your game to Wal-Mart. They are usually very lenient on returns without a receipt.[/quote]

yea my cousin bought beyond good and evil for $10 short sale at CC and went over to Walmart and returned for $50. you can always try wal mart.

You can return the purchase to an B&M EB with the receipt from the online purchase.

It'd be about $10 towards Symphonia.

This is rare, but just ask, I have a gamestop in Irving, Texas that if you ask straight up no BS they will refund you ............get this.........the full amount of what they sale that game used in credit. So if you buy that game new and it is still sealed but no receipt they will not give you the new price but will refund it as if you bought it used. I know it sounds crazy and I think it is, but they sure do keep happy customers that way even though that is the only location I know that does that!

[quote name='Santurio']This is rare, but just ask, I have a gamestop in Irving, Texas that if you ask straight up no BS they will refund you ............get this.........the full amount of what they sale that game used in credit. So if you buy that game new and it is still sealed but no receipt they will not give you the new price but will refund it as if you bought it used. I know it sounds crazy and I think it is, but they sure do keep happy customers that way even though that is the only location I know that does that![/quote]

So if you bought... say... a new copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends for $19.99... lost the receipt, and then returned it... they'd give you $17.99? That's pretty good then, it sure beats the trade-in credit.

bread's done
Back