Feedback
170 (100%)

Update 10/4: FEAR Files Achievements
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/fearfiles/

Update 8/20: FEAR Files Trailer

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ceTt5u40uls[/media]
ebgames.com has a release date of 11/06/07

Update 7/11: Fear Files

Vivendi today announced a new expansion pack for the Xbox 360 version of Fear, to be called F.E.A.R. Files. It includes the new F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate campaign (to be released on PC), where you'll be able to play through the original game from other peoples eyes - a different perspective of what happened. Included is also Extraction Point, the already released PC expansion. No Playstation 3 version was mentioned, release this fall, and you can find the first images inside.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4584_en.html

[quote name='deadite76']F.E.A.R.: Control and Conquer All Map Pack is available for free:

Name: Control and Conquer All Map Pack
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Asia or Mexico
Dash Details: Download this FREE map pack and unlock the ability to play two new Multiplayer Modes, “Control” and “Conquer All,” on all your original FEAR multiplayer maps. In Control you capture areas of the map and must keep them from being recaptured by enemy forces. In Conquer All mode, your scoring is based on how many kills your team racks up and how many control points you have at the end of the round. Capture all 5 five control points to end the round early! Revisit of some of your favorite maps like, Rubble, Campus and Docks with a brand new twist!!
Size: 119.9 MB (approx.)
[/quote]
This title-update for F.E.A.R. adds the Control and Conquer All modes to multiplayer game play. Control and Conquer All are both new team game modes that pit each team in against each other in a struggle to dominate different control points on the map. Teams dominate control points by standing in proximity of the point and eliminating any enemies that come near the point.

In Control there are 3 control points on a map. Your team gains points based on the amount of time a control point is in their possession—the more control points your team has the faster your team gains points. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.

In Conquer All there are 5 control points on the map. If either team can hold all 5 points at one time they win. If no team can control all 5 points simultaneously then the winning team is decided by points. Teams get 10 points for each control point taken, 10 points for each enemy point neutralized and 1 point for each kill.

To play Control or Conquer All on the maps that shipped with F.E.A.R. download the free Control and Conquer All pack which adds the control points to the maps.

The title update also makes F.E.A.R. compatible with new maps that will be made available for purchase throughout the summer.

In addition to adding the new game modes to F.E.A.R. multiplayer the title update also makes it so a host in a Player Match can invite Friends to public slots as well as private slots.

Blood splatter has been added to enemy uniforms after being shot to make combat more visceral.

Players now have a full HUD fade option in the HUD fade speed slider to make game play more cinematic. Players who choose this option will only see HUD elements when they are needed.

Reviews:

TeamXbox 8.7
IGN 9.1

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B200213A

If link doesnt take you directly, search for F.E.A.R.

Update 5/4:

fear_1293.jpg

Developed by Day 1 Studios in conjunction with Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. is an intense first person close-quarters combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging, paranormal horror storyline. F.E.A.R. is planned to ship for Xbox 360 during Spring of 2006.
http://www.xboxworld.com.au/news/fear-to-strike-the-xbox-360.htm

Not sure how acurate Spring 2006 is of a date.

[quote name='asianxcore']holy shit. I'm so excited. I hope this gets confirmed for the U.S

my computer is too shitty to run anything remotely cool. :)[/QUOTE]

If it's coming to the UK, it's coming to the US as well (I know that's not always the case, but for F.E.A.R. it clearly is).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Confirmed by UK OXM Not sure if its a straight up port of the original :pray: , or the announced sequel/prequel made by some other company.[/QUOTE]

It can't be a sequel/prequel as those won't be called F.E.A.R.

It sucks that this is another port, but I don't care. When I bought my 360 I was hoping that F.E.A.R. would eventually make its way to the system. :applause:

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It can't be a sequel/prequel as those won't be called F.E.A.R.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little concerned about that as well. Didn't Monolith say that they didn't have the rights to the game? (I believe they said VU owned the rights to the F.E.A.R. name). If so, who is porting this game over? I'm a little worried it might be a quick and sloppy port job.

Hopefully if that XNA crap is as good as MS seems to think it is, there won't be any/many quick and sloppy ports of games. Anyway, it seems pretty logical for F.E.A.R. to come to 360 as Condemned is going to PC now and I believe the use the same engine or a modified version of the same engine, so porting two should be nearly as easy as porting one.

I'm not as giddy as most over this because my PC actually handled F.E.A.R. very well, but it's such a good game I wouldn't mind revisiting it on 360, if even just on a rental.

[quote name='Stuka']Hopefully if that XNA crap is as good as MS seems to think it is, there won't be any/many quick and sloppy ports of games. Anyway, it seems pretty logical for F.E.A.R. to come to 360 as Condemned is going to PC now and I believe the use the same engine or a modified version of the same engine, so porting two should be nearly as easy as porting one.

I'm not as giddy as most over this because my PC actually handled F.E.A.R. very well, but it's such a good game I wouldn't mind revisiting it on 360, if even just on a rental.[/quote]Great...I'm gonna stain my couch as well. That girl was freaky.

Nice. I enjoyed this more than Condemned for the "shit yer pants" category.

Probably won't get it since I have it for PC and it runs it fine, but nice to see it show up for 360 anyway.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']True. But Jennings was a much better anchor.[/QUOTE]
No way. Jennings was worse than the crappy weatherman on my local NBC affiliate.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Little late now for this game to be coming out isnt it?[/quote]
Better late than never I always say; plus F.E.A.R. is still one of the best looking games on the market, I'd love to see it on 360.

[quote name='the3rdkey']My rig played this maxed everything! I love this game so much... lets hope the port looks better than the PC but I doubt it.[/quote]
I seriously doubt it. They'd need to retool the entire game quite a bit to get it to look much better on 360. Plus, the PC version was such a resource hog (apparently due to some coding errors) that you needed quite a rig to play it max'd out on a PC. I was able to run with full effects 16XAF/8XAA at 1680x1050, but only because I have a 4400+ X2, 2GB Ram, and at the time 7800GTX SLI.

They could pull a Battlefield 2 and add some higher res textures, but honestly they could do a straight port and it would still be one of the best looking games on PC or 360 to date, so I'm not holding my breath.

Multiplayer would be fantabulous.

[quote name='javeryh']*sigh* another FPS? Is this one really that much better than all the rest? I don't know much about it...[/quote]You'll pee your pants, it's that good. Which will even things out for you, pant-shitter.

[quote name='dooddude']who's Day 1???????????[/QUOTE]

A team that left FASA Studios, but returned to help them with MechAssault and its sequel.

[quote name='anomynous']who's Day 1???????????[/QUOTE]

The team who made a shitty port of F.E.A.R.

I hope that demo was just early and not indicative of the final product, but it was a huge huge step down from the PC... the graphics were of Xbox 1 quality.

F.E.A.R was my most anticipated 360 game this year, even ahead of Gears of War, but that all changed with the demo.

FEAR looks like trash, I hope they don't expect $60 for that trash. I'd pay $20 max and I wouldnt pay $1 for a rental. MS needs to step in and tell Devs that they can't publish ports if there going to be that shitty.

If you didnt like the demo, go to Russia... ;-) haha j/k

Pre-ordered mine today at FYE...all it took was a Madden '06 and Ridge Racer 6 :lol:

bread's done
Back