PSP won't read memory card. HELP!!!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I have a SanDisk 2GB memory card and when I turned on my PSP last night it couldn't read the memory card for some reason. It is also unreadable through my computer. Any ideas on how to fix this? All of my game saves are on there! Help!!!

[quote name='daroga']Does the computer detect it at all that you could possibly format it?[/quote]

No but I could format it via my PSP I guess but then I would lose all of my data. My Hot Shots Golf scores are insane on some of the courses and I don't want to lose them! I'd rather find a good solution instead of reformatting as a last resort...

[quote name='javeryh']No but I could format it via my PSP I guess but then I would lose all of my data. My Hot Shots Golf scores are insane on some of the courses and I don't want to lose them! I'd rather find a good solution instead of reformatting as a last resort...[/QUOTE]
Yeah... the PSP has a USB link up, right? If you just jack the USB plug into the computer, is it possible that it would see the Memory Stick as a removeable drive? I have a Sony camera that works this way. Although, you should br trying to do it this way for all I know. Sorry if that's a stupid suggestion.

Otherwise, I feel your pain. Losing game saves blows. Hope you find a solution and are able to save your data!

Think of it this way, there is a one in a million chance that it could happen and it happened to you.

That proves that Jesus hates you. Happy Easter!

[quote name='javeryh']No but I could format it via my PSP I guess but then I would lose all of my data. My Hot Shots Golf scores are insane on some of the courses and I don't want to lose them! I'd rather find a good solution instead of reformatting as a last resort...[/QUOTE]

keyword: do a random backup on your saves... Every so often I pull the saves from my PSP and throw it on my computer just to prevent any problems down the line. It will save alot of headaches.

also, your mem stick should have a warrnaty.

[quote name='daroga']Yeah... the PSP has a USB link up, right? If you just jack the USB plug into the computer, is it possible that it would see the Memory Stick as a removeable drive? I have a Sony camera that works this way. Although, you should br trying to do it this way for all I know. Sorry if that's a stupid suggestion.

Otherwise, I feel your pain. Losing game saves blows. Hope you find a solution and are able to save your data![/quote]

yeah, windows recognizes an E:\ drive as a removable disk but when I click on it I get a prompt asking me to insert a disk. I want to scream.

bread's done
Back