Columbus, OH CAGs - anyone doing 610's John Corby's largest friggin' garage sale?

Hmmmm, I will just be getting back from Chicago on the 6th, hopefully I can go. Have they had one of these before or is it the first one? Just wondering if it is even worth checking out.

It's the first one. The table reservations opened up on a Wednesday I believe, and we got one of the last ones two days later.

I think we get an 18x18 area for like $25.

C'mon hayseeds...buy my CC clearance games! Yee haw!!

[quote name='radjago']Will you be selling your Grim Fandango Manny doll there?[/QUOTE]

LOL - hadn't packed that far yet, but I could probably add him to the pile.

[quote name='TomCloud9']Which old JcPenny location is it going to be held? The only one I can think of is in the Westland Mall.[/quote]

Yes on Westland. The link I posted was the only one I could find at the time. I'm sure they'll have more info in the next week or so.

I hope this takes off - I'd much rather pay $25 and do this than have our own garage sale every summer.

[quote name='Shoagie']put a small sign uyp saying you are a CAG and have a password we can say for discounts. thats how you run a good sale.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of putting up a small sign by the games/movies/comics section that just says "CAG" - that way, if people know what it is, they can mention it for the mondo discounts...and if not, they can just think I'm a Cranky Ass German.

So is anyone really bringing any video games? I'm seriously looking for CC Clearanced TMNT. I know there were some around here because I bought the second one and passed on the first. Now my son wants the other one, too.

Dane.

[quote name='eshbums']I was thinking of putting up a small sign by the games/movies/comics section that just says "CAG" - that way, if people know what it is, they can mention it for the mondo discounts...and if not, they can just think I'm a Cranky Ass German.[/QUOTE]

well ill look for in since im 95% sure ill be able to go

Hmm... maybe I'll have to check this out. Could turn into an overcrowded mess of cranky people though. Is it worth the 5 minute drive?

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... maybe I'll have to check this out. Could turn into an overcrowded mess of cranky people though. Is it worth the 5 minute drive?[/QUOTE]

Better than the cranky rednecks, thats normal there for the gun shows. LOL

I hadn't even heard about this until now. I'll be there since I usualy have nothing to do Saturday arfernoons and it's like a 10 min drive.

Use a secret password for discounts, but make it something that nobody who casually overheard would want to repeat, like "My syphilis has really been bothering me lately." Then, act like you didn't hear them the first time, until they start shouting it. That way, eveyone who wants to find your booth can just look out for a bunch of people shouting about syphilis. That way, you're killing 2 birds with one STD.

[quote name='poe']Use a secret password for discounts, but make it something that nobody who casually overheard would want to repeat, like "My syphilis has really been bothering me lately." Then, act like you didn't hear them the first time, until they start shouting it. That way, eveyone who wants to find your booth can just look out for a bunch of people shouting about syphilis. That way, you're killing 2 birds with one STD.[/QUOTE]

I'll have an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of paper on the side of the movie/gaming shelves that simply says "CAG" on it. Just say your a CAG and that you don't want to pay my crazy sticker prices. :)

Most if not all of my trade list will be there plus some other stuff as well.

So did I miss the greatest sale ever or did I make a good choice in sleeping in and playing games most of the day?

I didn't get to walk around much - but from what I saw it was like a typical garage sale had exploded all over Penney's. I'm sure there were some deals to be had, but most of it looked like junk people were dragging out of their attics.

I was able to get rid of a lot of games, and about half a box of comic books, so I'm pleased. I'd probably do it again next year.

well i came and said hi a couple times and that car i got my mom ended up being worth 40-70 so i guess it all ended well

That's pretty cool man!

I was proud, I didn't buy anything while I was there. It's hard to get out of a place like that without having SOMETHING.

bread's done
Back