Where can I get old episodes of the Gargoyles Cartoon?

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I came across some old Gargoyle cartoon stuff on the web and it started to spark my interest again... It's one of those cartoons that were ahead of its time... anyone know where I can get the episodes?

plus, Xanatos was a real badass.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Amazon, thats where I got my first 2 seasons.[/QUOTE]
Well, you bought season one and a PART of Season 2.

Season 1 is $29.99 at amazon.com
and $21.59 at Deepdiscountdvd.com

Depending how much trouble you want to go through to get Gargoyles Season 2, vol. 1 for slightly cheaper, check out the CDtradepost thread in my sig for how to order from them by phone, there is a used one in stock at the "Wichita, KS (Central & Ridge)" store for $15.99 + tax + $5 shipping.
Wichita, KS (Central & Ridge) DVD GARGOYLES: SEASON TWO VOL 1 (3PC) $15.99

Though it would probably just be simpler to get it from deepdiscountdvd for $31.80

[quote name='guardian_owl']Well, you bought season one and a PART of Season 2.

Season 1 is $29.99 at amazon.com
and $21.59 at Deepdiscountdvd.com

Depending how much trouble you want to go through to get Gargoyles Season 2, vol. 1 for slightly cheaper, check out the CDtradepost thread in my sig for how to order from them by phone, there is a used one in stock at the "Wichita, KS (Central & Ridge)" store for $15.99 + tax + $5 shipping.
Wichita, KS (Central & Ridge) DVD GARGOYLES: SEASON TWO VOL 1 (3PC) $15.99

Though it would probably just be simpler to get it from deepdiscountdvd for $31.80 [/QUOTE]

hmm awsome thx. I probably should have posted this in "other deals and requests"... not here >_<

I still don't know if I want to get them or not... one other question: has Disney rereleased Darkwing Duck yet?

well people better get there act together and start buying season 2 part 1 as quickly as they can. Apparently word is sales of season 2 weren't that great and because of that we *might* not see a season 2 part 2 :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmm awsome thx. I probably should have posted this in "other deals and requests"... not here >_<

I still don't know if I want to get them or not... one other question: has Disney rereleased Darkwing Duck yet?[/quote]
Nope, but I imagine they will eventually, especially if Ducktales and Rescue Rangers sell well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well people better get there act together and start buying season 2 part 1 as quickly as they can. Apparently word is sales of season 2 weren't that great and because of that we *might* not see a season 2 part 2 :([/quote]

That is what I heard as well. Disney should try to get into talks with Cartoon Network so they can show it on Toonami Saturdays. I gaurantee that would help. Disney's ego probably wouldn't allow for that though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That is what I heard as well. Disney should try to get into talks with Cartoon Network so they can show it on Toonami Saturdays. I gaurantee that would help. Disney's ego probably wouldn't allow for that though.[/QUOTE]

I thought they showed it on Toon Disney?

[quote name='thorbahn3']I thought they showed it on Toon Disney?[/quote] Yeah, but the subject matter is definitely more suited to Toonami and should get more exposure on Cartoon Network.

I've been wanting these too. That price seems high for season 2 though.

This would be way better suited for Cartoon Network though.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Nope, but I imagine they will eventually, especially if Ducktales and Rescue Rangers sell well.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see the connection there? Just because Ducktales sells well does not mean Gargoyles will. They are two totally different shows, aimed at two demographics, and Ducktales is WAY more popular then Gargoyles.

[quote name='gizmogc']Where do you see the connection there? Just because Ducktales sells well does not mean Gargoyles will. They are two totally different shows, aimed at two demographics, and Ducktales is WAY more popular then Gargoyles.[/quote]
Companies do this stupid stuff all the time. Believe it or not, the decision to make the Cosby Show DVDs was based on whether or not the That 70's Show DVDs sold well.

[quote name='gizmogc']Where do you see the connection there? Just because Ducktales sells well does not mean Gargoyles will. They are two totally different shows, aimed at two demographics, and Ducktales is WAY more popular then Gargoyles.[/QUOTE]
Originally they were part of the same weekday afternoon cartoon lineup, called "The Disney Afternoon". Duck Tales, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Talespin, Bonkers, Aladdin, Timon and Pumbaa, Goof Troop, Marsupilami, etc were all part of it. Disney still tends to think of them somewhat as a group when looking at sales and syndication, and people tend to lump them all together. Most of them were technically never their own individual show, The Disney Afternoon was treated and syndicated as one long show. One exception being Duck Tales, which had 100 episodes and was on by itself before this came about. But, the very real connection here in terms of sales is that if a few of your back catalog shows sell well, then others that were associated with it at the time would also do well. If no one was interested in even your most popular shows from that lineup, then they'll think that the rest of the lineup wouldn't do well, either.

The WB shows are very much lumped together in the same way, things like Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freakazoid, Earthworm Jim, Pinky and the Brain, etc.

I watched those about every weekday in the early 90s, and Sonic the Hedgehog Saturday mornings on ABC. You can find a lot of these shows on the internet, Sonic the Hedgehog was a major pain in the ass to find since it was never on DVD, but I found it. If anyone needs a copy of that, let me know. These shows should be easier to find since they were syndicated for a very long time. The banned episodes might be tough to find, though.

Here's some trivia, the color commentator on Sega/2K Sports NFL 2K series was the voice of Launchpad McQuack from Duck Tales.

Oh, and if anyone knows where to find "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" , let me know. Only a few episodes made it to DVD.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, but the subject matter is definitely more suited to Toonami and should get more exposure on Cartoon Network.[/QUOTE]

What does it matter as long as you can watch it on TV? I seriously doubt John Doe will watch something only because it is on Cartoon Network.

I just wish Disney/Buena Vista would get off their butts and release Marvel's animated shows on DVD. We get Fantastic Four seasons 1 and 2, of which season 1 was probably the worst Marvel series this side of The Avengers. Yet... we don't get stuff like X-Men, Silver Surfer or season 2 of IronMan.

At least we're getting The Tick this summer... so there is some hope for more "comic" shows.

As for the reason Gargoyles season 2 costs more than season 1... it has more episodes on it.

i was too busy watching batman:TAS on fox then to watch gargoyles, so I missed out on a lot, when I did get a chance to watch gargoyles, I would get those episodes "Previously on Gargoyles..." and I am like fuck i missed the first parter :| Finally getting to see all the episodes on dvd in order those "previously on gargoyles" before the start of the episode threw me off because it wasn't part of a parter (arc) but just to freshen your memory.

still fucks you up if you don't watch it from beginning to end.

[quote name='thorbahn3']What does it matter as long as you can watch it on TV? I seriously doubt John Doe will watch something only because it is on Cartoon Network.[/quote]

I can't watch it on TV. I don't get Toon Disney. A lot of people I know don't get Toon Disney, but there are a lot more people that do get Cartoon Network. In regards to the show, it is a lot "darker" than the typical Disney fare. Besides the broader availabilty of Cartoon Network, that is the only other reason I think Toonami and Gargoyles would benefit from a union. I just want as many people as possible to see the show.

Yeah I got .....er....EVERY episode of Gargoyles a while back and I'm still slogging through them a few eps at a time.

Its a truly great show and has stood the test of time pretty well IMO.

As of now, the only show from my childhood that I'm DYING for on DVD (or my PC for that matter) is Rocko's Modern Life. Any help would be JAWSOME.

Gargoyles is still one of my favorite cartoons of all time, the casting was perfect. Didn't season 2 have 50 some odd episodes? Because if I remember right, they were pumping them out quickly so they could make it to syndication.

[quote name='gizmogc']Where do you see the connection there? Just because Ducktales sells well does not mean Gargoyles will. They are two totally different shows, aimed at two demographics, and Ducktales is WAY more popular then Gargoyles.[/QUOTE]
I was refering to Darkwing Duck, not Gargoyles when I made that statement.

[quote name='Gameboy415']As of now, the only show from my childhood that I'm DYING for on DVD (or my PC for that matter) is Rocko's Modern Life. Any help would be JAWSOME.[/QUOTE]
Its not out on DVD, but its on for an hour every day on Nicktoons. It can't be too hard to find TV rips of it if its on every single day for an hour.

You'll probably never find the banned episodes unless they finally release a DVD, though.

I think he was refering to my Darkwing Duck comment....

I would love the torrents of all the episodes, since I'm all for cheapness, but I will probably buy if they might not release part 2 of season 2...

I have to agree that Gargoyles would most likely be a huge hit on Toonami, but the problems show up with the fact that Disney and Hana Barbera (is that spelled right?) are two competitive companies... oh well..

Anyone ever think that the series seemed like a mix of the Batman animated series (Pre-Superman Animated/Mignola Era/Before it started going downhill) with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Heck elsa was a semi rip off of April Oniel (cant spell her name either).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I loved the fact that a lot of Star Trek actors were used as voice talent.[/QUOTE]

plus, one of the just shoot me actresses I had a crush on back then does some good voice acting...

glad to hear darkwing is comming :)

They used to show Gargoyles on Toon Disney, but man alive, it was SO edited because some network exec must have thought it was too violent.

Case in point there's an episode where...um, one of the gargoyles (damn, why can't I remember his name?) was playing with Eliza's gun and accidentally shot her. Someone went in and edited out the small amounts of blood.

Case 2 was I think the first one with The Pack. Hyena pulls a knife on a guy at some fancy party and points it at his face - yep edited that scene, too.

And toward the end the season, I think it was Xanatos' father fired an iron spear at Oberon and orginally they showed it piercing his chest. But, the actual penetration was edited (badly) on Toon Disney.

Needless to say, I am so thankful for the DVD releases.

Now if only I could actually FIND season 2 part 1

-Brian

[quote name='grundy']They used to show Gargoyles on Toon Disney, but man alive, it was SO edited because some network exec must have thought it was too violent.

Case in point there's an episode where...um, one of the gargoyles (damn, why can't I remember his name?) was playing with Eliza's gun and accidentally shot her. Someone went in and edited out the small amounts of blood.

-Brian[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that was Lexington.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']plus, one of the just shoot me actresses I had a crush on back then does some good voice acting...[/quote]

Are you sure it was from Just Shoot Me? I don't remember Laura San Giacome or Wendy Malick (sp?) doing any voice-overs for the show.

You might be thinking of Marina Sirtis (Demona) from ST-TNG.
Of course in my "old age," I may have just forgotten :dunce:

Actually, the more I think about it, who did the voice for Eliza? I know it wasn't Wendy Malick, but it could've been LSG from Just Shoot Me

-Brian

[quote name='grundy']Are you sure it was from Just Shoot Me? I don't remember Laura San Giacome or Wendy Malick (sp?) doing any voice-overs for the show.

You might be thinking of Marina Sirtis (Demona) from ST-TNG.
Of course in my "old age," I may have just forgotten :dunce:

Actually, the more I think about it, who did the voice for Eliza? I know it wasn't Wendy Malick, but it could've been LSG from Just Shoot Me

-Brian[/quote]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108783/fullcredits

Lauren San Giacomo did Fox (uncredited)

Elisa was done by Salli Richardson (who is a total babe in real life by the way :D ). She actaully resembles the animated character.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm pretty sure that was Lexington.[/quote]

I just remembered (damn this old brain!) it was actually Broadway, the heavy-set gargoyle. Lexington was the red one, and Brooklyn was the small, computer whiz. I REALLY need to find season 2 part 1

-Brian

[quote name='grundy']I just remembered (damn this old brain!) it was actually Broadway, the heavy-set gargoyle. Lexington was the red one, and Brooklyn was the small, computer whiz. I REALLY need to find season 2 part 1

-Brian[/quote]

#-o That's right! That's the guy who played Dauber on Coach.

Here's Salli Richardson.

776270small6ou.jpg

[quote name='grundy']I just remembered (damn this old brain!) it was actually Broadway, the heavy-set gargoyle. Lexington was the red one, and Brooklyn was the small, computer whiz. I REALLY need to find season 2 part 1

-Brian[/QUOTE]

Nope. I just watched the ENTIRE SERIES, I'm a friggin Gargoyle expert (as sad as that is! :lol:).

Goliath - Leader

Broadway - heavy-set, light-green Gargoyle

Brooklyn - hook-billed, red gargoyle

Lexington - small tech-whiz

Hudson - Old gargoyle with scarred eye and sword

Bronx - the "dog"

Demona - female gargoyle, Goliath's former love

Angela - Goliath and Demona's daughter

And there's like a bajillion other characters (Coldstone, MacBeth, the pack, all the Avalon people, Xanatos and family, etc.).

Great great great show, although the 3rd season is pretty tame in comparison to the incredibly LONG 2nd season....

Yeah, to me The Goliath Chronicles only had one really standout episode (Clones dying) Thailog's last words was actually one of my favorite moments through the whole series.

I really really hope the rest of the series is released. :( Having to wait a year between releases really sucks. I wish they would just release the rest of Season 2 like they did for the first part and release The Goliath Chronicles in a set similar to the first season before the end of the year or something. Hell, make it limited quantities online-only if you have to, I just want the whole series! >_

I vaguely remember this show, but I'm confusing it with gummy bears for some reason. Anyway I'm not watching anymore of my childhood shows since I watched Thunder Cats on DVD, and it basically killed perception of what I thought was my childhood.

gargoyles was good I to used to miss it due to batman .

It would be perfect for cartoon network I wonder how long it will be before another cartoon station comes in and kills cartoon network due to there constant annoying scedule changes and the way they put garbage mixed with greatness instead of a bunch of good shows.

bread's done
Back