awesome hoOTTers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrangeShorts2272x178.jpg

I miss episodes of Malcolm In The Middle like this...the old ones were brilliant. This is the one where they got a new couch and Hal accidentally let it drop off the car and it derailed a train and they were all evacuated to the school. Reese traded canned fruit for batteries, batteries for dvds, dvds for the entire supply of toilet paper...and now he's waiting for the "specially seasoned" meatloaf to kick in so he can name his price...

Oh, God; I have to find my scanner's USB cable. I have a local news article + picture that needs to be seen online.

Gonna make a YTMND out of it, too.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']
OrangeShorts2272x178.jpg
[/QUOTE]
a bunch of wiseguys here tonite...how bout a pic of an owl in orange shorts...with a plate of wings and a pitcher of beer?

[quote name='darkmere']so i was checking out craigslist when i stumbled upon a soon to be classic.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/ele/151960505.html

check out how much this idiot wants for his ipod because he downloaded all these songs on it. credit card bill from the itunes music store purchases catch up to ya?[/QUOTE]

... wow.

Bookshelf for sale... but you have to buy all of the stupid ass books I spent $8,000, too.

[quote name='darkmere']a bunch of wiseguys here tonite...how bout a pic of an owl in orange shorts...with a plate of wings and a pitcher of beer?[/quote]

6 minutes.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']6 minutes.[/QUOTE]
i'm running to subway for food. i want a pic when i get back.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Yes. Given that I'm [almost] 26 and the climate here bothers the fuck out of me, I'm really thinking a dry warm climate would be better for me. Add that to the cost of living here in NY, at least where I live, and it becomes:

I'm sick of the fucking snow [and winter].
I'm sick of the fucking cost of living here.
I'm sick of the fucking weather here in general [humidity].
I'm sick of not getting paid enough.
The list goes on and on.

Tanuki -- my buddy just moved out there, and I'm using him as a basis for me, but he relocated and stayed with the same company, just the branch out in Tucson. I've been looking, but none of the jobs open at the Tucson branch would be right for me, so I'm still looking. :)[/QUOTE]
Compared to NY, I'd be pretty sure that apartments here are much cheaper just from what I've heard from the NYC folk baout what they pay. My apartment here, 2 bed, 2 bath, kitchen, living room, dining area, pretty good-sized apartment is just under $800 a month with a slightly lower special rate for renewal with our lease. That includes electric and we get a small bill for water, trash, and the smaller stuff for about $10 a month and that's pretty much it for the apartment not counting cable and phone (we both have cells so it's cheaper), which of course are separate.

[quote name='Apossum']you may find that the weather gets just as annoying in AZ.... instead of snow, you have rainy mildly cold weather, which I found pretty annoying. then the summer is too damn hot and everyone stays inside (at least in phoenix. up north it was different-- prescott and flagstaff are pretty active during the summer)

everything else is totally valid though.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what you're talking about there. Besides the summer monsoons, the rest of the year is pretty much rain-free. We just got of a five month drought about a month ago, which I hope we don't have much more since I've apparently got leaks here and nobody ever came by the last time I put in a work order to get my room checked. Northern Arizona is much more normal, weather-wise, but down in the Phoenix area, it's very stable. It's usually only a question of how hot it gets the next day.

umm its the effort that counts?[/QUOTE]
Nothing quite as fine as a nice malt liquor....

And I still need to find a house for next year...

umm its the effort that counts?[/QUOTE]
technically i did say pitcher of beer and not can, but i'll count it.

maybe we shouldve had whatever the synonym for "chat thread' or 'OTT' something else thats easier to fit into other stuff. Or just call it the ____ chat thread.

numnumman5xh.jpg

I'm already trying to design a color scheme for a character I haven't even finished designing... I don't even like the eyes, yet.

Oh, well. I do this all the time. I get bored in one area, and leap to another.

I think I'm going to start coloring finished pieces in that style, however. Me like the feathery, mildly-sloppy, slightly water-colored look. It helps me to spit in the eyes of OCD.

That's pretty cool, Brak.

Tanuki -- you seem to have a good deal out there, living arrangement-wise, which is half the reason I'm interested in that area. My 1 BR, 1 Bath apartment with noisy fucking neighbors runs me 915/month + cable + electric... and I"m probably 140 miles from NYC... my officemate lives in Manhattan and he commutes up here like twice a week... but it's like 5 hours of commute time. (He's got it backwards, he should live here and work in the city... then he could be one of the people who've made this area intolerable.)

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']That's pretty cool, Brak.

Tanuki -- you seem to have a good deal out there, living arrangement-wise, which is half the reason I'm interested in that area. My 1 BR, 1 Bath apartment with noisy fucking neighbors runs me 915/month + cable + electric... and I"m probably 140 miles from NYC... my officemate lives in Manhattan and he commutes up here like twice a week... but it's like 5 hours of commute time. (He's got it backwards, he should live here and work in the city... then he could be one of the people who've made this area intolerable.)[/QUOTE]
sounds like vancouver prices. i have a 2 br 1 bath that's around 900 sq. ft. and it costs 1200/month. it's an older building too. if i was over in yaletown living in something new i could easily end up paying almost double that. but i live downtown, so i'm not sure what the burbs cost. i think vancouver is a close second behind toronto for highest cost of living in canada.

[quote name='darkmere']sounds like vancouver prices. i have a 2 br 1 bath that's around 900 sq. ft. and it costs 1200/month.[/QUOTE]Is that canadian dollars? An apartment like that around here would be sub-$600. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is that canadian dollars? An apartment like that around here would be sub-$600. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why do you hate Canadians? CAG's hottest girl is Canadian, as is Skye Sweetnam.

Jerk. :lol:

yeah, it's canadian dollars. i've lost track of the conversion from being here so long, so i assume it's 1:1. i also live downtown, where rich ass business people and celebrities live. my apartment in the atlanta burbs was 1100 sq. ft., 2 br 2 bath and was only 600/month, and it was brand freakin new.

and mike is right...there are sooo many fine ass females here. i live in b.c., it's like the california of canada. for example, i'm not a fan of hers, but pam anderson (who was fine way back in the day before all the surgery) is from here. visit vancouver and hit robson street, the seawall, or one of the beaches and tell me how many hotties you see.

or in subby's case there's several high schools here...

[quote name='darkmere']or in subby's case there's several high schools here...[/quote]
High school? I think you mean elementary. :lol::bouncy:

[quote name='darkmere']yeah, it's canadian dollars. i've lost track of the conversion from being here so long, so i assume it's 1:1. i also live downtown, where rich ass business people and celebrities live. my apartment in the atlanta burbs was 1100 sq. ft., 2 br 2 bath and was only 600/month, and it was brand freakin new.

and mike is right...there are sooo many fine ass females here. i live in b.c., it's like the california of canada. for example, i'm not a fan of hers, but pam anderson (who was fine way back in the day before all the surgery) is from here. visit vancouver and hit robson street, the seawall, or one of the beaches and tell me how many hotties you see.

or in subby's case there's several high schools here...[/quote]
damn, I'm looking for an apartment near san diego state and so for the best I can find is a 2-2 for $1,175.

Oh god.

It's time for exams. One tonight, one Thursday morning, one Friday night (euch), and one a week from now on Tuesday afternoon.

This won't be fun. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Oh god.

It's time for exams. One tonight, one Thursday morning, one Friday night (euch), and one a week from now on Tuesday afternoon.

This won't be fun. :whistle2:([/quote]

what subjects?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']what subjects?[/QUOTE]
Calc III, Physics, Chem Lab (which is tonight), and my engineering class that focused on freshwater distribution.

I'm scared of Calc and Physics the most. The other exams in those subjects haven't been unfair, but they were very, VERY difficult. (Case in point: the average on one of the Physics exams was 9/20.)

I'll survive, and I don't think I'm in any danger of failing classes. Knowing for sure would be nice, though.

Sheeeit. I've got a 2 bed 2 bath 30 miles north of manhattan and it's running me almost 2 grand a month. No pool, no gym, but I do have a garage.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']:bomb: gah... i fuckin hate deviantART... i browse with IE and it takes forever... i browse with firefox and it doesnt fuckin load at all... :bomb:[/quote]

I've had that happen in firefox at times... I'll click on a pic for full size and then it takes forever and eventually shows blankness. :bomb:

[quote name='depascal22']Sheeeit. I've got a 2 bed 2 bath 30 miles north of manhattan and it's running me almost 2 grand a month. No pool, no gym, but I do have a garage.[/QUOTE]

DAAAAAMN! Now im scared cause I have to look for a new apartment soon, but im looking to pay less. Then again, the cities you guys are talking about are 10 times bigger than Boise.

[quote name='Danro']DAAAAAMN! Now im scared cause I have to look for a new apartment soon, but im looking to pay less. Then again, the cities you guys are talking about are 10 times bigger than Boise.[/QUOTE]
An apartment in Boise wouldn't even compare to an apartment close to NYC in terms of price...

[quote name='beerguy961']An apartment in Boise wouldn't even compare to an apartment close to NYC in terms of price...[/QUOTE]

I know, how do people survive like that??? Before my current living space, I had a 1 bed 1 bath and it was $475/mo. And I thought THAT was expensive.

[quote name='Danro']I know, how do people survive like that??? Before my current living space, I had a 1 bed 1 bath and it was $475/mo. And I thought THAT was expensive.[/quote]

The fun part about here is that the salaries of the people who both WORK and LIVE here can't compare to the prices of real estate. It's because all of the manhattanites are taking their tons of cash from working in the city pay ranges and buying property here then commuting.

It's one of the biggest factors in my wanting to relocate.

[quote name='Mike23']Why do you hate Canadians? CAG's hottest girl is Canadian, as is Skye Sweetnam.

Jerk. :lol:[/quote]
I just checked IMDB, Elisha Cuthbert is Canadian! :shock:

I'm changing my studies to "the arts" next semester. Ain't feelin' graphic design.

[quote name='Brak']I'm changing my studies to "the arts" next semester. Ain't feelin' graphic design.[/QUOTE]But with graphic design you can just take whatever you want and then design a convincing "diploma" when you decide you've gotten enough out of the whole experience. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']But with graphic design you can just take whatever you want and then design a convincing "diploma" when you decide you've gotten enough out of the whole experience. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I dunno. My college's diplomas probably look like construction paper and crayon with some Crack Jack stickers all over it.

My high school diploma is in a cardboard bud light box in my closet/storage area. :lol:[quote name='Brak']I dunno. My college's diplomas probably look like construction paper and crayon with some Crack Jack stickers all over it.[/QUOTE]Well then I hope they pass the savings on to you. :lol:

[quote name='Brak']I dunno. My college's diplomas probably look like construction paper and crayon with some Crack Jack stickers all over it.[/quote]
I think you could do well in anything based on drawing/creation -- just from looking at your scribbles, it looks like you do very cool artwork.

You have some more posted anywhere, cause I'd love to check it out. :)

[quote name='dcfox']I think I lost both my high school and college diploma. I hope that's not something I'll need in the future.[/quote]
My HS diploma is in my file box, my 2 undergrad diplomas are in the bottom drawer of my nightstand. My grad diploma hasn't been made yet, but that fucker will be in the mail soon, and apparently it's very big, so I'm gonna have to shell out some $$$ to get it framed.

Edit: I wonder if the issuing institution would reprint diplomas for a nominal fee? I bet they would...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back