Some changes to the forums...Politics forum now live

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm heavily leaning toward getting rid of CheapyD's game club and adding a Politics & Controversial Issues forum. Removing the game club will make the page scroll shorter and adding the Politics/Controvery forum will keep all the heavy stuff out of the Off topic forum.

Your thoughts?

Cool.

You should add a flame forum...just kidding!

Can we get an Online Gaming forum? An official forum to discuss online for all systems/PC and post screen names in a single place.

as much as i love politics, (i'm a poli sci student for god's sake!) i like to keep that seperate from my gaming. having a segregated section for those discussions would be great, especially since it might help keep everyone from getting so riled up by a political post that they didn't intend to look at...

great idea.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
Can we get an Online Gaming forum? An official forum to discuss online for all systems/PC and post screen names in a single place.[/quote]

I love this idea as well! that way us multi-platform gamers can discuss our online exploits all in one forum!

[quote name='Renzokuken']What about a DVD section?[/quote]

Yes, that is also up for consideration...
The question is, should we have a single Movie/DVD/TV/Deals & Discussion forum, or should we seperate out the deals.

I'm inclined to have a combined forum and see how it goes...if it gets too hard to navigate, we can have a DVD Deals Forum and a Movie/DVD/TV Discussion forum. I think having 2 seperate forums for this may be spread a little thin at first.

The online gaming forum...I really don't think there will be enough activity for it warrant its own forum at this point...perhaps in the future. Plus I don't like making too many changes at once.

I think, Cheapy, that you should just go all the way and create a full on "flame" thread. If you are going to create a controversy thread you might as well just go a bit furthur and try to get all of the flames and arguments into one place.

Also, as always, I think that, with the dvd thread, you should keep general discussion and deals seperate as I feel it will only create a jungle of deals and non deals where trying to find something is a pain, and many deals will be missed.

[quote name='guessed']How about a feature that automatically deletes any post that includes the words "Walmart" and "return" together?[/quote]

LOL... I think this is a good idea, though. It's sometimes tough in the Off-topic forums to see a post entitled, "Why is my foot so itchy?", immediately followed by a post discussing genocide in Uganda.

Ok, I think this would be great for now. We can fine tune things after seeing how they work out.

Add:
Politics/Debate Forum
TV/DVD Deals Forum (Im adding the TV part so other parts can be added too, like if a good TV or DVD player or Surround Sound system is on sale)
TV/DVD/Movies Discussion Forum (Also for home theature and whatnot discussion)

Get rid of:
Game Club

Look good to everyone?

[quote name='JAMMR']I wouldn't mind having No discussions about politics, religion, etc whatsoever.[/quote]

If we have a separate forum and don't visit it, a winner is you!

[quote name='Renzokuken']What about a DVD section?[/quote]

Great Idea. It could house Deals, TV, Movies, Celebs (i.e. Olson twins) etc.

[quote name='BigLebowski'][quote name='guessed']How about a feature that automatically deletes any post that includes the words "Walmart" and "return" together?[/quote]

LOL... I think this is a good idea, though. It's sometimes tough in the Off-topic forums to see a post entitled, "Why is my foot so itchy?", immediately followed by a post discussing genocide in Uganda.[/quote]

that made me laugh.

i'd vote make a politics forum but perhaps a temp one... won't the discussion die down for a couple years? Things ALWAYS get pretty testy the year before pres. election.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Renzokuken']What about a DVD section?[/quote]

Yes, that is also up for consideration...
The question is, should we have a single Movie/DVD/TV/Deals & Discussion forum, or should we seperate out the deals.[/quote]

I don't think there's enough deals to warrant a second forum. And I also think the politics forum would be good, since politics clogs the off-topic forum significantly.

1. the game club forums could be eliminated.

2. a seperate thread for politcs and whatnot is probably a good idea.

3. i don't think a special section for dvd/tv deals is necessary because they could just go in the non-gaming deal section if there's something worth mentioning.

4. a tv/movie discussion board may be good.

5. i think the auctions forum has worked out pretty well.

I personally don't like the idea of a political forum. This site is for gaming deals. There are plenty of forums out there to debate on issues. I have no problem with game discussion forum and even dvd section but I think the site will lose focus eventually. If you have to have an off topic forum it shouldn't feed onto the front page.

[quote name='ZForce915']Any thoughts on keeping the vs. mode forum posts off the front page?[/quote]

Its a possibility...it will stay for now (to drum up interest).

[quote name='ZForce915']Any thoughts on keeping the vs. mode forum posts off the front page?[/quote]

im tired of your complaining...lets take this into the vs mode forum....ive got something for that ass :twisted:

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='ZForce915']Any thoughts on keeping the vs. mode forum posts off the front page?[/quote]

im tired of your complaining...lets take this into the vs mode forum....ive got something for that ass :twisted:[/quote]

Oh that's it. It's on! *starts to dance*...You got served!

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='ZForce915']Any thoughts on keeping the vs. mode forum posts off the front page?[/quote]

im tired of your complaining...lets take this into the vs mode forum....ive got something for that ass :twisted:[/quote]

Oh that's it. It's on! *starts to dance*...You got served![/quote]

Oooooo! You got F'd in the A!

bread's done
Back