Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)

Features

In "Too Human," players are treated to a nonstop barrage of action powered by the seamless integration of melee and firearms combat, plus deep role-playing game (RPG) elements fueled by breathtaking visuals enabled by the powerful Xbox 360. Battles unfold in awesome scale as players engage with vast numbers of enemies. Gamers also can take it to the next level by playing the entire game individually or cooperatively via Xbox LIVE. "Too Human" is produced by Silicon Knights, which brings a wealth of knowledge, story-based design and gameplay expertise to the next generation of video gaming.
Features

• Thrilling action-RPG gameplay. Unlike some games that may force players to choose between two genres, "Too Human" combines all the creative economy features and social experiences of a typical RPG, such as collecting loot and leveling up, while maintaining the excitement of an action game. With a wide array of weapons, armors, cybernetic implants and skills, players have an unprecedented level of customization with their characters.
  • Explosive melee and firearms combat. It will take more than brawn and raw strength to supplant the machine hordes. Using a sophisticated blend of seamless melee and high-tech weapons combat, players have the power to vanquish foes near and far. Witness the fluid grace of heroes and enemies in battle as enacted by the acclaimed motion-capture group Full Action Stunt Team (FAST). Feel each punishing blow through advanced visual effects made possible through the power of Xbox 360.
  • The birth of an icon. Fight as Baldur, a powerful cybernetic god battling his way through enemy armies to become one of gaming's renowned iconic heroes. From weaponry and armor to combat techniques and combos, players can fully customize Baldur to become the best possible hero.
  • Advanced cinematic presentation. Characters and environments come to life with amazing visual fidelity. Experience the full excitement of combat through a dynamically driven presentation system that portrays the combat with cinematic quality. Survive pulse-pounding battles against hordes of on-screen enemies set against the vast landscape of the "Too Human" world. A sweeping orchestral score sets the mood for heartbreak, anger and blood lust as each tune encapsulates the gamer within the immersive gaming environment.
  • New level of accessibility through intuitive combat. Perform Baldur's elaborate and complex combat maneuvers, and chain together rapid-fire attacks and combos with ease. Through the use of an intuitive combat system, "Too Human" delivers gameplay that is easy to learn and rewarding to master. Shared experience. Conquer the world of "Too Human" alone or with friends in advanced, online two-player co-op gameplay through the Xbox LIVE service. Online co-op play requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.
  • Modern take on classical Norse mythology. In a world ruined by centuries of war, "Too Human" chronicles the epic story of Baldur, favored son of Odin and one of a group of humanity's protector, the Aesir. As Baldur, you must destroy the ancient war machines that threaten the world, but to do so you must balance your sense of duty and honor against your lust for revenge — perhaps even sacrificing your humanity in the process.
Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/too-human/achievements/

**Update** New screens.. thanks linkin

[quote name='LinkinPrime']New Shots:

I really want this game to be good, the concept sounds like a lot of fun.[/quote]

Too Human is at this point looking to be a 2008 release... E3 2007 Trailer below

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hACsCnWg3NM[/media]

Picked up the May EGM today, and found the cover story to be of Silicon Knights' Too Human. Read through it, and the game seems pretty promsing. The only drawback to the game would appear to be the control scheme. The left stick moves your character, while the right stick is used for melee attacks. The left trigger fires your left weapon, and the right trigger shoots your right weapon.

The game looks pretty good. I would imagine it to live up to the hype, but you never know.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other Silicon Knights game I've played is Enternal Darkness, which I really enjoyed. I have high hopes for Too Human, and after playing ED I feel like they may be able to live up to the hype.

I think a little early for this thread. The game does look rather good though. A lot of strong words in the article. I doubt it will live up to what they say about it.

Hmmm...this might be an issue I pick up to read about the game. So how do you aim? Auto-aim? Only aiming on the X-axis? Yuck.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hmmm...this might be an issue I pick up to read about the game. So how do you aim? Auto-aim? Only aiming on the X-axis? Yuck.[/quote]

From The Article:

[quote name='Designer Henry Sterchi']
You generally have autoaim working, but if you use the right stick while shooting, you can manually target, and if you use the bumpers, you can do eight way robotron-style control.
[/QUOTE]

The guy is full of crap for some of the time touting how revolutionary his control scheme is when in reality the crappy Jet Li game used something quite identical already. One comment I did like was his disdain for the damn platforming elements like the grinders in God of War. going to remain cautiously optimistic on this one.

[quote name='Zoglog']The guy is full of crap for some of the time touting how revolutionary his control scheme is when in reality the crappy Jet Li game used something quite identical already. One comment I did like was his disdain for the damn platforming elements like the grinders in God of War. going to remain cautiously optimistic on this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those grinders were brutal.

I still have to read the article...hopefully tonight. My friend at 1up mentioned that the game plays alot like God of War. I hope thats the case.

Given it's Silicon Knigts this game will be delayed until 2008 and the final installment of the trilogy should be out in time for the Xbox 720 sometime in 2015.

I like the sound of the controls. I don't mind autoaim when it's used in a game like this. Reminds me of Devil May Cry and the idea of using the right stick for all the melee sounds good to me, as complex button combos have never been something I'm a big fan of.

The screens look simply amazing. I'm getting to be as excited for Too Human as I am for Gears of War and MGS4.

[quote name='dooddude']from that video, I think it looks good, but that's just me. They also have another 6 months to finish it up & polish[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it looked bland, ugly, and boring. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I watched Morgan Webb on G4 play the demo during their e3 show. I thought the game looked terribly boring and just plain ugly. I'm not sure 6 months is enough to start from scratch :D

The footage I saw looked pretty great, but had some serious frame rate issues. Then again, the last 6 months is when that kind of stuff gets hammered out usually. The gameplay did look a little repetative though.

My interest in this game has been pretty up and down. Wasn't interested in it at first since I haven't liked any of Silicon Knights previous games, MGS remake and Eternal Darkness. Then EGM's info and screen shots got me hyped up for it and then my interest went back down after watching Webb play it cuz it also looked boring, dull and slow to me. Would much rather have Ninja Gaiden 2, but I'm still hoping this turns out good.

If anything I lost faith in EGM's reporting. That preview is pure bullshit. Trust me, it doesn't just look boring, after playing it... IT IS BORING and awkward and runs at a crappy framerate. Many people argue it's an early build, but so is gears of wars and that sure as hell runs a whole lot better.

If anything this is a lesson to developers to stfu before throwing grandiose coments out there and bragging about how you worked with kojima.

Yea what was great was how the developer was throwing around names like God of War and MGS as material for comparison. It looked like crap, and had absolutely none of the energy the other two games mentioned have.

This title was universally panned at E3 by all the big webtsites - 1UP, Gamespot and IGN. On the 1UP podcast they called out the guy who wrote the EGM cover story and he apologized, he said it looked like a completely different game from when he previewed it.

Too bad. Silicon Knights was betting the farm on this one and it looks like either it will be released and poorly received or delayed indefinitely (like Eternal Darkness, but we all know how that turned out).

Jeremy

I also heard on a later 1Up podcast that Dyack said that Microsoft kind of forced them to come up with a demo for E3 and that there was specific things they wanted to change for the final version involving the camera, and obviously the frame rate was the big thing. Maybe it's the fanboy in me (although I can't really say I'm a Silicon Knights fan) but I want to believe them and give Too Human the benefit of the doubt.

I watched the Trailer on the Marketplace and thought it looked boring and just not that good. I know the game is not finalized, but the trailer even seem to have slowdown. Looked like a basic hack-n-slash.

Ok, First off for some of you that don't know This game got the crazy preview from Shane on EGM that got people Pumped. Then they showed a really horrible Demo at E3 Months later. It played like crap etc. etc.

Then EGM live did a podcast recently with Denis Dyack
http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/EGM/031207.mp3

Despite the guy being retarded at times there are many promises made. If you want to just hear about the game you can skip the first 40 minutes really, since the beginning is just arguing about the E3 preview in the EGM.

And finally some new details will come out this month

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2007/03/22/50045/

matt-blog-20070322111108251-000.jpg

I would say cautiously optomistic also. Dennis is a loud mouth plain and simple but so far he has had a decent following. (both the remake and ED where great).

The thing is the remake wasnt their game really and ED was ported from N64 and looked like it... although it was refreshing.

Anyway. I will look forward to it.

I mean, Eternal darkness was a very good game and so was legacy of Kain so i'm not writing it off. We all know that Shitty E3 showings can lead to good games. Halo is one example of that.

I think that Initial EGM article is what caused all the ruckus because so much was promised.

All I know is that this game better fucking rock hard.

I've been waiting for this since I originally read about it in Next Generation, previewing the PS1 build.

checked out the ign preview. The graphics do look better than they did at E3, however there is still one problem that I noticed during the show that still remains.

The weapon attacks on enemies seem to have NO IMPACT at all. It's not visceral like games of god of war and Devil May cry.....

The 4 player co-op and RPG elements sound fun though. But the impact and the animations seem too stiff.

Looks good! I almost forgot about the game but have been impressed with their past software so I'm going to give the whole team the benefit of the doubt.

[quote name='deathweasel']My, that is looking quite nice. There's your impact, Zoglog.[/QUOTE]

that is nothing, it just shows a badguy falling. Watch the game in motion. It looks like nothing is happening to the enemy every time he slices through it, until it dies.

I'm starting to get excited... however, I don't like the idea of not being in control of the camera in a third person-esque title. Still, the Diablo-like loot system seems like its going to be a blast, hopefully more of my friends will pick up 360s by release.

I was looking forward to this game when I first got my 360, but now I really wonder if this game is going to be any good. The developers have a solid rep and MS has invested a lot of money (rumored at $80-$100 million) so this could still end up being a great game.

Still looking forward to this, as I have since before the horrible e3 showing. The one thing I am concerned about is the "phantasy star online" style co-op stuff they are doing. As much as I love that you can take your offline char online and do missions with people, they had better do the save system right so people can't hack their savegames.

I like that they have Roleplaying elements and classes. For a while I thought it was just going to be a +str + agi type system rather than full customization.

[quote name='Zoglog']checked out the ign preview...[/quote]

Please anyone interested in this game check out IGN: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/vids_1.html
and their latest 3 videos in high rez. The game is finally starting to live up to what the developers have been aluding to. It has definitely improved over last years E3 debacle. It's starting to look promising, but I will reserve my opinion untill I get my own hands on it.

Also, I'm wondering how it will fair against Mass Effect. They seem to share some ideas and how they are being presented. It will be interesting to compare the two.

[quote name='CyberTrick']
Also, I'm wondering how it will fair against Mass Effect. They seem to share some ideas and how they are being presented. It will be interesting to compare the two.[/QUOTE]

I think the two games are different enough. I'm just hoping both are good. My previous concerns still are there though.

Can anyone confirm when this bad boy comes out. Im reading August 6th at Walmart, Eb, and a few other places. I hope they arent all wrong. I think there has been far too little press on this high profile title to come out without a bang.

"When Dennis says it's ready."

Game's been in the works since the 90s, so until it comes from the horses mouth I don't expect much in terms of accuracy from the retailers.

With the new trailer up on marketplace I wanted to like this game.

First off it looks fantastic. Unfortunately what they showed after that was rather lackluster. The Sound effects are STILL horrible. In fact the video sound was off sync. There just isnt enough impact in the sounds like the gun firing or the sword sparks on the ground. The Action direction in that trailer was just horrid compared to the scenes you see in RE4, DMC, heavenly sword, MGS..... etc.... Bad use of slow mo.

As for the game portion, they didn't show any new footage on that so who knows but all the previous lack of impact in the game certainly translates into this latest trailer. I really want to like this game, the premise and the ideas behind the game design sound interesting.. but damn

Forget where I was reading it but they seemed pretty confident that Too Human is a "sometime 2008" title. Which pretty much nullifies any competition vs Mass Effect.

Which stinks because I was really looking forward to supporting Silicon Knights in 07.

[quote name='velvet396']Forget where I was reading it but they seemed pretty confident that Too Human is a "sometime 2008" title. Which pretty much nullifies any competition vs Mass Effect.

Which stinks because I was really looking forward to supporting Silicon Knights in 07.[/QUOTE]

did you watch the trailer? lols.... gawd

Yeah, i just watched the trailer and it looked interesting. I was debating about getting it or not in august but looks like they made the decision for me.

Now slated as a 2008 release along with Halo Wars Fable 2 and Alan Wake according to IGN.

bread's done
Back