PSP Core Pack for $159 at DELL

I think I like the PSP more than the DS, but not the Gameboy (micro).

If I didn't already have a PSP, I'd be buying it in a split second with this deal.

how is the dead pixel problem with the psp nowadays, id hate to get dead pixels and be stuck with them

[quote name='psincubus']how is the dead pixel problem with the psp nowadays, id hate to get dead pixels and be stuck with them[/quote]

People have been saying they fixed the pixel problem with the cores but I dont know

[quote name='jm2u']Nice OP. Death to FW.[/quote]

How can everyone be annoyed at FW for copying this deal (with appropriate CAG credit), when the OP here gives credit to another site as well? Circle of life and all that.

And no, not a FW spy, but I did come here after reading the post there, because I wanted to read the user comments about the deal here as well.

Thanks OP.

I dunno. It still seems like the PSP is only worth it for emulators and homebrew currently.

$160 is cheap, but given what I'd use it for, I'm fine with my DS.

In for 1. I also picked up the PlayGear Pocket, Daxter, and GTA:LCS. Thanks, OP. Now to read about the various things I can do with this thing...:D

--BF.

[quote name='seren8']How can everyone be annoyed at FW for copying this deal (with appropriate CAG credit), when the OP here gives credit to another site as well? Circle of life and all that.

And no, not a FW spy, but I did come here after reading the post there, because I wanted to read the user comments about the deal here as well.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that there are a lot of resellers on fatwallet who buy in bulk. I am sure there are some resellers here too but fatwallet has about a gazillion more members. As a result, the deal will probably be dead much quicker. Also, having exclusive deals (wrong term..... ok.. 1st dibbs) makes CAG a little more special.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I heard New Re-design version is coming soon this FALL or Winter to compete with DS LITE.[/QUOTE]

You heard a RUMOR. Even if it is true, it is going to cost a lot more with a digital camera and a 4gb hard drive mounted on it.

[quote name='BrandonMills']I dunno. It still seems like the PSP is only worth it for emulators and homebrew currently.

$160 is cheap, but given what I'd use it for, I'm fine with my DS.[/QUOTE]
What?

Most of the homebrew blows, it is of less than stellar quality.

The only emulators that worked were NES, Gameboy, and SMS/Genesis. All the others required tweaking and had glitches and did not run full speed. You can already run flawlessly at full speed the previously mentioned working emulators on GBA without firmware worries, just a flashcart.

The PSP has a load of very fun games in my opinion. In fact I have more fun with my PSP then DS. I still don't care the duel screens and fail to see the reason for them. One would have been fine. The touch screen is nice touch, but I really don't see the need for it except for Kirby and perhaps Animal Crossing.

I won't list games because everyone has their favorites. Mine are Tales of Eternia, Burnout, and the Mega Man games which although straight ports are a huge upgrade and add tons of replay value. I haven't had a chance to play much else yet, although I do own the Metal Gear games and Katamari. I'm really looking forward to some of the recently announced games from Capcom, Konami, and Square. Just hope they come stateside.

I was hesitent to upgrade my 1.50, but did and very happy. Just like the DS, the PSP was off to a slow start (I went about a year before getting my second DS game), but things are looking bright, again, in my opinion.

[quote name='b3b0p']What?

Most of the homebrew blows, it is of less than stellar quality.

The only emulators that worked were NES, Gameboy, and SMS/Genesis. All the others required tweaking and had glitches and did not run full speed. You can already run flawlessly at full speed the previously mentioned working emulators on GBA without firmware worries, just a flashcart.

The PSP has a load of very fun games in my opinion. In fact I have more fun with my PSP then DS. I still don't care the duel screens and fail to see the reason for them. One would have been fine. The touch screen is nice touch, but I really don't see the need for it except for Kirby and perhaps Animal Crossing.

I won't list games because everyone has their favorites. Mine are Tales of Eternia, Burnout, and the Mega Man games which although straight ports are a huge upgrade and add tons of replay value. I haven't had a chance to play much else yet, although I do own the Metal Gear games and Katamari. I'm really looking forward to some of the recently announced games from Capcom, Konami, and Square. Just hope they come stateside.

I was hesitent to upgrade my 1.50, but did and very happy. Just like the DS, the PSP was off to a slow start (I went about a year before getting my second DS game), but things are looking bright, again, in my opinion.[/quote]

SNES worked greant and PSPRemote was fun in BB/CC/Wallmart. But yeah, I can agree to the rest.

[quote name='slidecage']i heard the new system will Come out at 299[/QUOTE]

i would buy one if i already Wasnt buying one next week @ best buy for 180

Best buy 180 with the option to take it back anytime within 2 years
DELL 160 and no return

I would rather spend the extra 20 and have 2 years to take it back

thanks anyways OP

[quote name='BrandonMills']I dunno. It still seems like the PSP is only worth it for emulators and homebrew currently.

$160 is cheap, but given what I'd use it for, I'm fine with my DS.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for letting us know cause I know I speak for everyone when I say we can all sleep a little better tonight with this knowledge.

Between the 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $65 the other day, and then this, I had to finally pull the trigger on getting a PSP. Hopefully it'll arrive in good condition. I don't like the idea of ordering systems online because of the fear of damages occurring, but the deal was too good to pass up. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='slidecage']i would buy one if i already Wasnt buying one next week @ best buy for 180

Best buy 180 with the option to take it back anytime within 2 years
DELL 160 and no return

I would rather spend the extra 20 and have 2 years to take it back

thanks anyways OP[/quote]

No returns? Who lied to you?

Read below:

Dell Return Policy (U.S. Only)
Dell values our relationship with you and offers a return policy for most products that you purchase directly from Dell. Under this policy, you may return to Dell, within the applicable return policy period, products that you purchased directly from Dell for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.
Hardware Products and Accessories: Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell or except as provided in the section below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts and software that is unopened and still in its/their sealed package or, if delivered electronically, that has not been downloaded, may be returned within twenty-one (21) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.
Exceptions to Dell's 21-day return policy:
  • New PowerEdgeTM , PowerConnectTM and PowerVaultTM products may be returned within thirty (30) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice, except that new PowerEdgeTM SC servers and n series products purchased from the Small and Medium Business Sales Division may only be returned within fourteen (14) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice.
  • Application software or an operating system that has been installed by Dell may not be returned unless you return the entire computer under the 21-day return policy, if applicable to your purchase (if not applicable to your purchase, you may not return application software or an operating system).
  • Dell/EMC storage products, EMC-branded products, Unisys-branded products, PowerVaultTM 160T tape libraries, enterprise software, non-Dell branded enterprise products, software and/or software licenses purchased under any type of volume purchase agreement or any non-Dell customized hardware and/or software product(s) may not be returned at any time.
Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, a restocking fee of 15% may be charged on hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts and unopened software still in its/their sealed package, and on software that has not been downloaded if the software is delivered electronically.
How to Return: To return products, you must contact Dell customer service (www.dell.com/us/en/gen/contact.htm) and receive a Credit Return Authorization Number within the return policy period applicable to the product you want to return. You must obtain a Credit Return Authorization Number in order to return the product. See "Contacting Dell" or "Getting Help" in your customer documentation or the above website to find the appropriate contact information for obtaining customer assistance.
You must ship the products to Dell within five (5) days of the date that Dell issues the Credit Return Authorization Number. You must:
  • Ship back all products you are seeking to return to Dell. At Dell's discretion, credit for partial returns may be less than invoice or individual component prices due to bundled or promotional pricing and any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
  • Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition along with any media, documentation, and all other items that were included in the original shipment.
  • Ship the product(s) at your expense, and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
Upon receipt of the complete returned purchase, Dell will issue a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.

For those interested in the deal and concerned about the possibility of not being able to return the item to Dell, well, this should help you.

best to all,
--BF.

[quote name='baruflea']No returns? Who lied to you?

Read below:

Dell Return Policy (U.S. Only)
Dell values our relationship with you and offers a return policy for most products that you purchase directly from Dell. Under this policy, you may return to Dell, within the applicable return policy period, products that you purchased directly from Dell for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.
Hardware Products and Accessories: Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell or except as provided in the section below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts and software that is unopened and still in its/their sealed package or, if delivered electronically, that has not been downloaded, may be returned within twenty-one (21) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.
Exceptions to Dell's 21-day return policy:
  • New PowerEdgeTM , PowerConnectTM and PowerVaultTM products may be returned within thirty (30) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice, except that new PowerEdgeTM SC servers and n series products purchased from the Small and Medium Business Sales Division may only be returned within fourteen (14) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice.
  • Application software or an operating system that has been installed by Dell may not be returned unless you return the entire computer under the 21-day return policy, if applicable to your purchase (if not applicable to your purchase, you may not return application software or an operating system).
  • Dell/EMC storage products, EMC-branded products, Unisys-branded products, PowerVaultTM 160T tape libraries, enterprise software, non-Dell branded enterprise products, software and/or software licenses purchased under any type of volume purchase agreement or any non-Dell customized hardware and/or software product(s) may not be returned at any time.
Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, a restocking fee of 15% may be charged on hardware, accessories, peripherals, parts and unopened software still in its/their sealed package, and on software that has not been downloaded if the software is delivered electronically.
How to Return: To return products, you must contact Dell customer service (www.dell.com/us/en/gen/contact.htm) and receive a Credit Return Authorization Number within the return policy period applicable to the product you want to return. You must obtain a Credit Return Authorization Number in order to return the product. See "Contacting Dell" or "Getting Help" in your customer documentation or the above website to find the appropriate contact information for obtaining customer assistance.
You must ship the products to Dell within five (5) days of the date that Dell issues the Credit Return Authorization Number. You must:
  • Ship back all products you are seeking to return to Dell. At Dell's discretion, credit for partial returns may be less than invoice or individual component prices due to bundled or promotional pricing and any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
  • Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition along with any media, documentation, and all other items that were included in the original shipment.
  • Ship the product(s) at your expense, and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
Upon receipt of the complete returned purchase, Dell will issue a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.

For those interested in the deal and concerned about the possibility of not being able to return the item to Dell, well, this should help you.

best to all,
--BF.[/QUOTE]

i mean i can return my PSP anytime within 2 years at Best buy and either get another PSP system free or a 200 buck gift card (when i get the extended warrenty) I dont see where dell offers this ......

[quote name='slidecage']i mean i can return my PSP anytime within 2 years at Best buy and either get another PSP system free or a 200 buck gift card (when i get the extended warrenty) I dont see where dell offers this ......[/quote] Which would be the following:

$200 for the PSP, $180 if you can get a 10% off coupon to work (since they normally don't work on the PSP hardware), or $180 net after the $10 GC back for every $100 you spend at BB (posted elsewhere in the VG forums)

$25 for the PRP on the PSP

Net cost, $205 or $225 + tax

How the fuck do you think you can get it for $180 with the ability to take it back to BB in 2 years?

Dell doesn't offer an extended warranty, because it's not in their interests to do so. They're having low prices to drum up non-PC business, nothing more. BB does it, to get you to come back into the B&M store. Dell doesn't have a B&M for you to come back into.

[quote name='eau']How much is Bestbuy charging for the service plan?[/quote]
I think it's either $20 or $25, though I'm thinking it's $25.

It's a PRP, which is a Product Replacement Plan, which means it's a one-use replacement for the product. They take the dead/defective product from you either in-store, or shipped off to BB, and they give you/mail you a GC for cost + tax.

Details right over here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&uq=product+replacement+plan&_requestid=44356

[quote name='shrike4242']I think it's either $20 or $25, though I'm thinking it's $25.

It's a PRP, which is a Product Replacement Plan, which means it's a one-use replacement for the product. They take the dead/defective product from you either in-store, or shipped off to BB, and they give you/mail you a GC for cost + tax.

Details right over here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12085&type=page&sc=Resources&qs=product+replacement+plan&cp=1&sp=Relevance&mipp=25&uq=product+replacement+plan&_requestid=44356[/quote]

For my valuepack the prp cost $40 so for the core prp would prolly be $30 or around there. And shrike maybe he has gift cards or reward zone certifecerates which will deduct from price. I have $260 worth of reward zone and cards but have no idea what to get :(

[quote name='m0dem']For my valuepack the prp cost $40 so for the core prp would prolly be $30 or around there. And shrike maybe he has gift cards or reward zone certifecerates which will deduct from price. I have $260 worth of reward zone and cards but have no idea what to get :([/quote]
I haven't bought anything with a PRP on it for a while, so I may be out of touch with the pricing.

Yeah, but he's saying it like anyone could get it for the price he's stating. That's what I was trying to clarify. To average Joe CAG, it's $200 + PRP cost - RZ certs - whatever coupons might work on a PSP purchase (which isn't much).

Stolen from Slickdeals

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=a0628983

Dell Home has Sony PSP Core system for $199 - $20 off coupon QGM7T0C1C2TVVD - $20 off coupon BLKSK2?5HVT$D0 -2% DPA discount = $156. Cheapest on PriceGrabber is $200+. Thanks MissChievous

To get the 2% DPA discount:

1. Select "Pay with one credit/debit card online" at checkout
2. Locate "Save 2% using Dell Preferred Account" offer, and click the link
3. If you have an account already, find "Already have a Dell Preferred Account?" box, and click the link if you don't have one - sign up for it.
4. Checkout

from slickdeals from fatwallet from yada yada yada from here.....

Edit: well i guess it was from bensbargains before here lol.

[quote name='$hady']from slickdeals from fatwallet from yada yada yada from here.....

Edit: well i guess it was from bensbargains before here lol.[/QUOTE]

I think this was the order

Bensbargains
here
fatwallet
slickdeals
here

[quote name='shrike4242']I haven't bought anything with a PRP on it for a while, so I may be out of touch with the pricing.

Yeah, but he's saying it like anyone could get it for the price he's stating. That's what I was trying to clarify. To average Joe CAG, it's $200 + PRP cost - RZ certs - whatever coupons might work on a PSP purchase (which isn't much).[/QUOTE]

well there are a few ways to do this

200 for system - 20 bucks on gift cards total price 180 after gc
or 200 with 2 year return

200 bucks for system - 20 bucks on gift cards total price 180 BUT if you use with a certain mastercard they double the warrenty (2 full years for replacement though credit card company ) Total 180 with 2 year warrenty after gift cards

but you will have to get it repaired though the credit card company and being able to just drop it off at best buy is worth another 20-30

i was told the PSP was 19.99 on the 199 systems... maybe they didnt know what they was talking about

so total your looking at

200 bucks and you can take the system back anytime to best buy and get a replacement

Well, add PSPupdates/QJ.net to that list because I just posted it there ;) Don't worry, credit to CAG and link back was provided.

I think there are many great PSP games:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Wipeout Pure
Metal Gear Acid 2
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Exit
Pursuit Force
Archer Maclean's Mercury
Infected
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
Ridge Racer
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Me and My Katamari
Mega Man Powered Up
Luminies
Daxter
GripShift
Burnout Legends
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Virtua Tennis: World Tour
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo
Metal Gear Acid
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Metal Gear Acid 2

And in the near future:

Field Commander
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Guilty Gear Judgment
Lemmings
Monster Hunter Freedom
Gradius Collection
Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Powerstone Collection
Loco Roco
Ace Combat X
Silent Hill
GT4 Mobile
Gitaroo-Man
Killzone
Socom
Ratchet
GTA

$159 is a great steal for the PSP. Anyone that does not have one yet should get one at this price if you like any of the games I listed above.

[quote name='ananag112']I think there are many great PSP games:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Wipeout Pure
Metal Gear Acid 2
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Exit
Pursuit Force
Archer Maclean's Mercury
Infected
Ridge Racer
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Me and My Katamari
Mega Man Powered Up
Luminies
Daxter
GripShift
Burnout Legends
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Virtua Tennis: World Tour
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo
Metal Gear Acid
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Metal Gear Acid 2

And in the near future:

Field Commander
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Guilty Gear Judgment
Lemmings
Monster Hunter Freedom
Gradius Collection
Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Powerstone Collection
Loco Roco
Ace Combat X
Silent Hill
GT4 Mobile
Gitaroo-Man
Killzone
Socom
Ratchet
GTA

$159 is a great steal for the PSP. Anyone that does not have one yet should get one at this price if you like any of the games I listed above.[/quote]

yea cant wait for monster hunter freedom its gonna be sick

yea, i'm glad i got a psp as well...can't wait for Def Jam FFNY for the psp! i loved the console version and i heard the psp version will have new ground moves, a couple new characters, and a new story

[quote name='Kendal']SNES worked greant and PSPRemote was fun in BB/CC/Wallmart. But yeah, I can agree to the rest.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't disagree more about SNES working great unless you can live with skipped frames, graphical defects, and less than full speed play. I guess I'm just picky and notice this more than others.

[quote name='megaseadramon']I personally wouldnt get one, there are no good games that make you go wow. I can't seem to get rid of my PSP.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want your PSP anymore, I'll give you $25 for it, PLUS a shiny new nickel!

Thanks OP! (and Bensbargains) - went ahead and finally picked one up after having a PSP for just 30 days at launch (returned it to BB during the whole dead-pixel mess) and can't wait to start in again with Lumines.

bread's done
Back