- - - - -

Bomberman Act: Zero to be First Xbox 360 Budget Title

#31 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

Lol, his left hand/arm is bigger than his right, hehe.

MIRITE?

Ok, sorry.

#32 exodiaus   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   9 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

exodiaus

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

any screen?

#33 bugg33   enjoying my sauna CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:09 AM

any screen?

http://www.hudson.co...o/bomb_actzero/

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I would say almost zero chance of being region free as no other Japanese release has been region free.

#34 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8939 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:36 AM

Well, those are *good* graphics for a Bomberman game, even if the art style is 100% wrong. The babe looks kind of hot though, heh. I sure hope you can play 4 player on one console as well as 8 online...

It's highly likely that a real Bomberman game will be released for Live Arcade later this year. Rumor has it that lots of XBLA games will be announced before or during E3.

#35 bugg33   enjoying my sauna CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:19 AM

Well, those are *good* graphics for a Bomberman game, even if the art style is 100% wrong. The babe looks kind of hot though, heh. I sure hope you can play 4 player on one console as well as 8 online...

It's highly likely that a real Bomberman game will be released for Live Arcade later this year. Rumor has it that lots of XBLA games will be announced before or during E3.

I wish they would just re-release Saturn Bomberman to Xbox Live (even if its multiplayer only), that would be the best.

#36 KwanzaaTimmy   Dead Spiddace!! CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

KwanzaaTimmy

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:10 AM

Whats the deal with all serious ass looking Bomberman?

#37 Karyyk   Brooding Insomniac CAGiversary!   376 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:44 PM

Why does Bomberman look like a Medieval Iron Man of some kind? I'd like a new Bomberman game, or a proper Iron Man one, but I'm not sure I like them together.

As for the $25 price point, if it comes over, I doubt it would be as inexpensive. The 360 isn't selling very well in Japan, and prices have been slashed as a result. It's no wonder budget titles are appearing there, they want to move product. Here, where the 360 is selling well, they can probably afford to sell it for $49, $39 if we're lucky. And that's even if they bring it over. They never did do that with their budget line of updated classic titles (Bonk, Adventure Island, etc.) on Gamecube...

#38 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4397 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:09 AM

I hope this one bombs so that we get back the "cutesy" Bomberman!

#39 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   8984 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

Wow, that actually looks pretty cool.

#40 Inspector   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   5 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Inspector

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:04 AM

I could definetly use a budget title from hudson, I'd take macho'd up bomberman over pokemon jetters anyways. That would suck if Rockstars ping pong would influence their pricing.. and there is a rumor of Bamberman Saturn going to XBLA. we better get something..

#41 akilshohen   Akilla!!! CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

akilshohen

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:04 AM

Which makes me wanna kill Konami. I don't appreciate Hudson Soft being pissed on to be a one game developer. Of course Konami are the same douchebags who won't re-release Dracula X so why should I expect them to allow Hudson to use the other game properties they have like Bonk, Team Innocent and Battle Heat. Konami should be donkey punched for this.

I don't think they control them fully as it may seem. Konami has been distributing their games since 2003 and I think it's the same agreement, only now they own Husdon. Bloody roar is over with I think and I don't really know of anything else by Hudson. Wasn't Bonk owned by NEC or something like that?

#42 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8939 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:18 AM

Hudson and NEC were best friends back in the day. It's programmed by Red, but hudson actually publishes the series.

#43 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12405 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:47 AM

Hudson and NEC were best friends back in the day. It's programmed by Red, but hudson actually publishes the series.

Yeah, total BFF.

#44 -Never4ever-   That Guy. CAGiversary!   7832 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

-Never4ever-

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:39 PM

That cover looks badass. If the gameplay can keep with the traditional BM archetech and not go (true) 3-D like the other craptastic 3-D BM games, then it will most certainly be worth the cheapass price.

#45 Quackzilla   who am i? CAGiversary!   6050 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Quackzilla

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

So they are re-branding the cute little bomberman as "a bad mother fucker who is going to kill you and rape your family".

I've got nothing.

#46 Gourd   Tofu Knight CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:04 AM

... I've never played a Bomberman game but I have always heard excellent things.

And you know what? /THIS/ is the sort of game I would enjoy on Xbox Live, I think. The graphics, I think, some how tickle me as purposefully cheesy. A stab at 'serious' titles with slick looking avatars hacking away at each other.

#47 burningelf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

burningelf

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

I just don't see the point of transforming the Bomberman character into some sorta Iron Man character. To me it just seems like they are going to create a mediocre bomberman but hope to pull people in because its "badass". They should just take Saturn Bomberman, add the modes in the gamecube version and add some new abilities or characters. You don't need killer death robots to make the game better. I always found it better to incinerate someone with the Bonk character in Saturn bomberman, a bad ass robot is supposed to do it. When bonk does it, Hilarious.

#48 rickybee2003   I ninja'd this profile CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

rickybee2003

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

Which makes me wanna kill Konami. I don't appreciate Hudson Soft being pissed on to be a one game developer. Of course Konami are the same douchebags who won't re-release Dracula X so why should I expect them to allow Hudson to use the other game properties they have like Bonk, Team Innocent and Battle Heat. Konami should be donkey punched for this.

seriously dude......don't EVER talk about konami like that again. ehhemm...MGS and all the ___revolution games. Do you really think konami wants to waste time with bonk, which by the way only had one good game. dracula X? who cares. go play substistance and be happy. besides bomberman is the most popular game out of those you listed in the states so they're justing doing what every other company does. supply and demand. and judging by the screens... definitely supplying. it looks like the same elements with a robotic look. if this plays like the classics i will buy. if not then read my post again.
p.s. there was ONE good 3d bomberman......(dont hit me).......n64! i dont know why but i loved it.

#49 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8939 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:16 AM

All 3 regular Bonk titles, the arcade game, the SNES game (S?), the GameCube/PS2 game, and the GameBoy games were good. I have no idea what criteria you're basing your opinion on... It's not like Bonk 2 or 3 came out and lacked features of their predecessors, or the graphics got worse or something.
Given the current trend towards retro compilations and classic franchises, I think it's a great time to reintroduce the character, or bring the GC/PS2 game to the USA at a *low* price.

Some people like the new Bomberman look, but the vast majority are fearful of it. With no local multiplayer and a lot of strange changes, the 360 version's quality is hard to determine at present. Still, regarding the look, think of it in terms of Zelda: The Wind Waker versus Twilight Princess. There was plenty of complaining and worrying about Wind Waker's look, but you will not hear complaint one about Twilight Princess's look. People generally don't want funky new looks for classic franchises.

#50 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5588 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

I just don't see the point of transforming the Bomberman character into some sorta Iron Man character. To me it just seems like they are going to create a mediocre bomberman but hope to pull people in because its "badass". They should just take Saturn Bomberman, add the modes in the gamecube version and add some new abilities or characters. You don't need killer death robots to make the game better. I always found it better to incinerate someone with the Bonk character in Saturn bomberman, a bad ass robot is supposed to do it. When bonk does it, Hilarious.

It's because Hudson Soft hasn't been making money like they use to, in fact their CEO just resigned in the last year or two because of this. And THIS is the best idea they have to make some more money? Pathetic. Seriously. And to the person who said it sells best for their games here check my comment above again. I think putting out a new Team Innocent for X360 with innovative new features might have a bigger chance to be a hit instead of a NICHE franchise in the U.S. that was just given an Extreme Makeover.
Regardless it's funny Hudson Soft doesn't TRY to remake their other properties considering the fact they LOSE unlike Koei. They can't whore out one property 10K times, people just won't stand for it unlike other game companies.

#51 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8939 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:00 AM

You might be right, but I think i's funny how you accuse Bomberman of being a niche franchise and then ask for a Team Innocent sequel. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

#52 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5588 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:27 AM

You might be right, but I think i's funny how you accuse Bomberman of being a niche franchise and then ask for a Team Innocent sequel. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Technically I wouldn't consider it a franchise until a sequel is made or the remake. Also consider Innocent has never been whored out 10K times on systems around like Bomberman. Seriously a new Team Innocent or Battle Heat would make me happy plus it would show Hudson's true potential, unlike a certain almost WORTHLESS company we all know coughKoeicough.

#53 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

Technically I wouldn't consider it a franchise until a sequel is made or the remake. Also consider Innocent has never been whored out 10K times on systems around like Bomberman. Seriously a new Team Innocent or Battle Heat would make me happy plus it would show Hudson's true potential, unlike a certain almost WORTHLESS company we all know coughKoeicough.

Koei= Awesome.

I know this is just a placeholder price and may not be final, but EB/GS has Bomberman Zero for $49.99 (they recently dropped it $10). Hopefully we will get it at $20 in the states too .

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=200173

#54 -Never4ever-   That Guy. CAGiversary!   7832 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

-Never4ever-

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

Koei= Awesome.

I know this is just a placeholder price and may not be final, but EB/GS has Bomberman Zero for $49.99 (they recently dropped it $10). Hopefully we will get it at $20 in the states too .

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=200173

I don't have a link or quote, but IIRC, M$ has mandated that NO US 360 title shall retail for less than $39.99 (new).

#55 Koggit   almost sorry CAGiversary!   3886 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:06 PM

I don't have a link or quote, but IIRC, M$ has mandated that NO US 360 title shall retail for less than $39.99 (new).

I never heard that officially, I think it was in a Table Tennis review... on IGN, I think.