Bomberman Act: Zero to be First Xbox 360 Budget Title

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
A quick check of some major Japanese online retailers reveals that Bomberman Act: Zero for the Xbox 360 has a bargain basement price of around ¥2,800 ($25 US), making it the first real budget title for the 360. So far, only a Japan version has been announced, but we can still hope that the game and its CAG friendly price will see a worldwide release (unless it sucks).

According to the product descriptions, Bomberman Act: Zero will be released in Japan on May 25th, has up to 8 player Xbox Live support and an optional first person viewpoint.

Yodobashi ¥2,810
Bic Camera ¥2,810
Amazon ¥2,754

Japanese Box Art

B000EVVG9Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Why for f***s sake can't it just be traditional Bomberman. I wish some Japanese companies would make Xbox games with the typical Japanese art direction (bright colors, etc) that has some style. Not all bland drab colors.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Why for f***s sake can't it just be traditional Bomberman. I wish some Japanese companies would make Xbox games with the typical Japanese art direction (bright colors, etc) that has some style. Not all bland drab colors.[/QUOTE]
QFT
I miss dreamcast.....there was something weird every week.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Why for f***s sake can't it just be traditional Bomberman. I wish some Japanese companies would make Xbox games with the typical Japanese art direction (bright colors, etc) that has some style. Not all bland drab colors.[/QUOTE]

Because this character is Hudson Soft's only WHORED out property and they need to start making the covers look different to trick people into buying it thinking they're getting something different. Oh now it would be SO terrible if they made a sequel to Team Innocent or Battle Heat! /end sarcasm.
I hope Hudson's stock drops again then maybe they'll get the point they can't one game WHORE and not suffer. Too bad the same can't happen to Koei.

Somehow the cover of the case doesn't spell Japan to me.

afaik MEtroid Prime wasn't interesting to the Japanese and that's basically the direction I see this Bomberbman game going so I predict a big bomb. (admittedly not hard to do since the 360 gets no love over there.)

If the game bombs, it won't be that bad for the company because Hudson is a fully owned part of Konami. Basically they develop the games, put the logo on and Konami covers it all.

I'd like to argue that, lamentably, it is possible that with a increase of $10 on the cost of next-gen titles (except first-party, anyway, though IIRC, many first-party titles for PS2 and GC often appeared with an MSRP of $40), that so-called "budget" titles can also expect to see an increase. While I don't expect to see many companies pull the shit Nintendo did with SSBM (perhaps the only title they could do that with), it wouldn't surprise me to see 360 "Platinum Hits" retail for $25. Also, what do you think of Top Spin 2 releasing at $40? Is that "budget"?

[quote name='akilshohen']If the game bombs, it won't be that bad for the company because Hudson is a fully owned part of Konami. Basically they develop the games, put the logo on and Konami covers it all.[/QUOTE]

Which makes me wanna kill Konami. I don't appreciate Hudson Soft being pissed on to be a one game developer. Of course Konami are the same douchebags who won't re-release Dracula X so why should I expect them to allow Hudson to use the other game properties they have like Bonk, Team Innocent and Battle Heat. Konami should be donkey punched for this.

any screenshots?

If they release a regin-free X360 game for cheap in Japan, then charge $59.99 over here, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

[quote name='soulwish2003']They should have knocked another $5 bucks off and just made it a download...[/quote]XBLA games can be at most 50 MB, so this game might far exceed that limit. Although I'm willing to bet releasing it as an XBLA game would be a much better business decision.

[quote name='rallen']If they release a regin-free X360 game for cheap in Japan, then charge $59.99 over here, they are shooting themselves in the foot.[/quote]At most, this game will be $39.99, like some other 360 games that were actually well recieved. Hopefully it's cheaper to start the releasing of $20 or $30 games, although I probally won't get this or any other budget games for that matter. I'd rather pay $60 for an extremely high quality game like Oblivion than $20 for a game that is still not worth it's price tag.

Well, those are *good* graphics for a Bomberman game, even if the art style is 100% wrong. The babe looks kind of hot though, heh. I sure hope you can play 4 player on one console as well as 8 online...

It's highly likely that a real Bomberman game will be released for Live Arcade later this year. Rumor has it that lots of XBLA games will be announced before or during E3.

[quote name='eastx']Well, those are *good* graphics for a Bomberman game, even if the art style is 100% wrong. The babe looks kind of hot though, heh. I sure hope you can play 4 player on one console as well as 8 online...

It's highly likely that a real Bomberman game will be released for Live Arcade later this year. Rumor has it that lots of XBLA games will be announced before or during E3.[/QUOTE]

I wish they would just re-release Saturn Bomberman to Xbox Live (even if its multiplayer only), that would be the best.

Why does Bomberman look like a Medieval Iron Man of some kind? I'd like a new Bomberman game, or a proper Iron Man one, but I'm not sure I like them together.

As for the $25 price point, if it comes over, I doubt it would be as inexpensive. The 360 isn't selling very well in Japan, and prices have been slashed as a result. It's no wonder budget titles are appearing there, they want to move product. Here, where the 360 is selling well, they can probably afford to sell it for $49, $39 if we're lucky. And that's even if they bring it over. They never did do that with their budget line of updated classic titles (Bonk, Adventure Island, etc.) on Gamecube...

I could definetly use a budget title from hudson, I'd take macho'd up bomberman over pokemon jetters anyways. That would suck if Rockstars ping pong would influence their pricing.. and there is a rumor of Bamberman Saturn going to XBLA. we better get something..

[quote name='Sarang01']Which makes me wanna kill Konami. I don't appreciate Hudson Soft being pissed on to be a one game developer. Of course Konami are the same douchebags who won't re-release Dracula X so why should I expect them to allow Hudson to use the other game properties they have like Bonk, Team Innocent and Battle Heat. Konami should be donkey punched for this.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they control them fully as it may seem. Konami has been distributing their games since 2003 and I think it's the same agreement, only now they own Husdon. Bloody roar is over with I think and I don't really know of anything else by Hudson. Wasn't Bonk owned by NEC or something like that?

Hudson and NEC were best friends back in the day. It's programmed by Red, but hudson actually publishes the series.

[quote name='eastx']Hudson and NEC were best friends back in the day. It's programmed by Red, but hudson actually publishes the series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, total BFF.

That cover looks badass. If the gameplay can keep with the traditional BM archetech and not go (true) 3-D like the other craptastic 3-D BM games, then it will most certainly be worth the cheapass price.

So they are re-branding the cute little bomberman as "a bad mother fucker who is going to kill you and rape your family".

I've got nothing.

... I've never played a Bomberman game but I have always heard excellent things.

And you know what? /THIS/ is the sort of game I would enjoy on Xbox Live, I think. The graphics, I think, some how tickle me as purposefully cheesy. A stab at 'serious' titles with slick looking avatars hacking away at each other.

I just don't see the point of transforming the Bomberman character into some sorta Iron Man character. To me it just seems like they are going to create a mediocre bomberman but hope to pull people in because its "badass". They should just take Saturn Bomberman, add the modes in the gamecube version and add some new abilities or characters. You don't need killer death robots to make the game better. I always found it better to incinerate someone with the Bonk character in Saturn bomberman, a bad ass robot is supposed to do it. When bonk does it, Hilarious.

[quote name='Sarang01']Which makes me wanna kill Konami. I don't appreciate Hudson Soft being pissed on to be a one game developer. Of course Konami are the same douchebags who won't re-release Dracula X so why should I expect them to allow Hudson to use the other game properties they have like Bonk, Team Innocent and Battle Heat. Konami should be donkey punched for this.[/QUOTE]

seriously dude......don't EVER talk about konami like that again. ehhemm...MGS and all the ___revolution games. Do you really think konami wants to waste time with bonk, which by the way only had one good game. dracula X? who cares. go play substistance and be happy. besides bomberman is the most popular game out of those you listed in the states so they're justing doing what every other company does. supply and demand. and judging by the screens... definitely supplying. it looks like the same elements with a robotic look. if this plays like the classics i will buy. if not then read my post again.
p.s. there was ONE good 3d bomberman......(dont hit me).......n64! i dont know why but i loved it.

All 3 regular Bonk titles, the arcade game, the SNES game (S?), the GameCube/PS2 game, and the GameBoy games were good. I have no idea what criteria you're basing your opinion on... It's not like Bonk 2 or 3 came out and lacked features of their predecessors, or the graphics got worse or something.
Given the current trend towards retro compilations and classic franchises, I think it's a great time to reintroduce the character, or bring the GC/PS2 game to the USA at a *low* price.

Some people like the new Bomberman look, but the vast majority are fearful of it. With no local multiplayer and a lot of strange changes, the 360 version's quality is hard to determine at present. Still, regarding the look, think of it in terms of Zelda: The Wind Waker versus Twilight Princess. There was plenty of complaining and worrying about Wind Waker's look, but you will not hear complaint one about Twilight Princess's look. People generally don't want funky new looks for classic franchises.

bread's done
Back