Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

I would love to see the Mavs in the final. Dirk is my fave and I've been a Mav fan for a while now. The Spurs aren't going to be easy for them though.

[quote name='Xevious']Two Words: King James[/quote]

Hah hah, the Cavs have about as much chance to make it to the Finals as the Kings do. It ain't happenin'.

Glad to see the real MVP get his playoff swagger back after a forgetable performance last year. If everyone stays healthy they have a legit chance to bring home some hardware this year.

[quote name='Xevious']Two Words: King James[/quote]

As much as I'd love to see the Cavs in the finals, the Pistons are gonna bend them over, and bad.

Here's a new swing om things gentleman!

im a milwaukee bucks fan and couldnt be happier! We won game 1!!!!!!

WE DIDNT GET WACKED BY 20 OR MORE POINTS!

This season is now a success!

c ya later Tj ford and terry stotts! have fun flippin burgers!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']
WE DIDNT GET WACKED BY 20 OR MORE POINTS!
[/quote]
Thanks to a last-second jumper by Smith.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Suns will be too much for the Lakers.[/quote]
just wait for game two when phil unleashes kobe.

I don't like how the NBA suspended Haslem and Artest for their actions. I can understand ejecting Haslem, but that should have been the end of it; as far as Artest goes, a flagrant after the fact could have been warranted, but not a suspension.

ITS THE PLAYOFFS, NOT THE REGULAR SEASON!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't like how the NBA suspended Haslem and Artest for their actions. I can understand ejecting Haslem, but that should have been the end of it; as far as Artest goes, a flagrant after the fact could have been warranted, but not a suspension.

ITS THE PLAYOFFS, NOT THE REGULAR SEASON![/quote]
Tell that to the players.

Spurs and Pistons at the end, and truth be told as a Spurs fan I think the Pistons will probably take it this year. Last year they barely squeaked out those wins, and the Pistons were so much better then I had thought.

r1s3n

[quote name='r1s3n']Spurs and Pistons at the end, and truth be told as a Spurs fan I think the Pistons will probably take it this year. Last year they barely squeaked out those wins, and the Pistons were so much better then I had thought.

r1s3n[/quote]

With Duncan hobbled, I really don't think they make it past the Mavs.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']With Duncan hobbled, I really don't think they make it past the Mavs.[/quote]

Spurs prove it every playoffs why they are in a class alone with Detroit. If the Mavs beat the Spurs, i'll be shocked. As much as you may love Dirk and don't get me wrong he is a great player, he crumbles under pressure. Last year against the Suns, he crashed hard, bitching at Terry, taking wack shots. Maybe this year is different, but gimme Duncan,Ginobli,Parker,Bowen,Finley,Barry,Nick Van Exel,Mohammed.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't like how the NBA suspended Haslem and Artest for their actions. I can understand ejecting Haslem, but that should have been the end of it; as far as Artest goes, a flagrant after the fact could have been warranted, but not a suspension.

ITS THE PLAYOFFS, NOT THE REGULAR SEASON![/QUOTE]

QFT

This one game suspension for every other T you get after you get your 6th or 7th T in the playoffs is fucking ridicilous. Players play the playoff games with a lot of emotion and you can easily get T's just for that. Sometimes the refs will T the players up for the silliest shit just to get everybody in check.

Artest has been suspended for game 2. Un-MOTHER fuckING-believable. The NBA is all BS. Artest throws an elbow. BIG fuckING DEAL. It's part of the game. The NBA was just waiting for any little thing to happen to get Artest in trouble. The NBA IS A JOKE. Year after year, someway, somehow, the Kings will always get screwed.

fuck THE NBA. SUCK ON KOBES/WADES/LEBRONS DICK MORE.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Source: Mavs' Johnson is NBA coach of the year

Avery Johnson will be named the NBA’s coach of the year Tuesday, according to a league source. Johnson, in his first full season as Mavericks’ coach, won the nationwide ballot of league members, besting Detroit’s Flip Saunders, San Antonio’s Gregg Popovich and Phoenix’s Mike D'Antoni, who won the award last season.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's official: http://www.nba.com/news/awards2006_coach.html :applause:

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Artest has been suspended for game 2. Un-MOTHER fuckING-believable. The NBA is all BS. Artest throws an elbow. BIG fuckING DEAL. It's part of the game. The NBA was just waiting for any little thing to happen to get Artest in trouble. The NBA IS A JOKE. Year after year, someway, somehow, the Kings will always get screwed.

fuck THE NBA. SUCK ON KOBES/WADES/LEBRONS DICK MORE.[/quote]

Ehh, Artest is a friggin' thug. He should go back to promoting rap CDs nobody will buy.

You seriously think they have a chance with him in the lineup? You're just nitpicking, the Spurs are gonna whoop that ass either way.

Big game for the Nets tonight. After Carter and Kidd missing some key free throws last game they need to step it up. Both shit poorly in game one. Nets need this game...

[quote name='Madskills1182']Big game for the Nets tonight. After Carter and Kidd missing some key free throws last game they need to step it up. Both shit poorly in game one. Nets need this game...[/quote]

I think if the big three shit well, then the Pacers will go down the toilet soon.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Artest has been suspended for game 2. Un-MOTHER fuckING-believable. The NBA is all BS. Artest throws an elbow. BIG fuckING DEAL. It's part of the game. The NBA was just waiting for any little thing to happen to get Artest in trouble. The NBA IS A JOKE. Year after year, someway, somehow, the Kings will always get screwed.

fuck THE NBA. SUCK ON KOBES/WADES/LEBRONS DICK MORE.[/quote]

can ya blame them after incident at the Palace last year?

Van Exel got a little bored on the bench.
sd.jpg

[quote name='alucard8319']Van Exel got a little bored on the bench.
sd.jpg
[/quote]

That was some funny shit, he did it twice in a row!! Great shot lmao.

Oh man overtime damn good game can't believe the Spurs let Sacramento push it to overtime. Oh can't wait to see how this finishes up.

r1s3n

According to ESPN, Kobe's going from #8 to #24, which was the number he led his High School team to the state championship. I love the idea, you know show that he believes he can take em' there. But he's the "Ocho", he can't do that, shit should be illegal.

fuck THE NBA. SUCK ON KOBES/WADES/LEBRONS DICK MORE.[/QUOTE]

Hey, i've been preaching the fact that the nba is fixed since 2000 when my milwaukee bucks we're screwed in the ass by the NBA all threwout that series with the sixers. The NBA can easily take a player out of the game with fouls threw the refs, the refs truly control the "fix" and the game, anytime they want.

Well the Nets played pretty much perfect basketball tonight. Carter picked up his game and they beat up the Pacers. Peja was out though, even though he wasnt really a factor in Game 1. Kidd was still of shooting which I'm a little worried about. Very suprised at the Kings tonight too. Abdur Rahim is an amzing player and should go somewhere else where he can start.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Spurs prove it every playoffs why they are in a class alone with Detroit. If the Mavs beat the Spurs, i'll be shocked. As much as you may love Dirk and don't get me wrong he is a great player, he crumbles under pressure. Last year against the Suns, he crashed hard, bitching at Terry, taking wack shots. Maybe this year is different, but gimme Duncan,Ginobli,Parker,Bowen,Finley,Barry,Nick Van Exel,Mohammed.[/quote]

Dirk has shown all season long that he's capable of winning games under pressure. I've seen him hit last-second shots to win a game several times this season.

This is a different team under Avery. He has this team so much better prepared than any other Mavs team of this era.

I believe Dirk was right in yelling at Terry. Because he didn't foul Nash before he shot the three-pointer, we lost the game. We had a foul to give, and it would have forced the Suns into a much quicker shot, which would have likely had us winning the game.

Finley and Van Exel are over the hill; they are done. Finley can't play defense and can barely dribble the ball without it bouncing off his feet, and Van Exel is okay in very limited play. His knees are too messed up to be anything but a reserve.

I think Dirk, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Damp, Diop, Harris, Daniels, Griffin and Van Horn can beat the Spurs. The Mavs bench is easily the best in the league, and I think they will be the deciding factor in beating the Spurs in a seven-game series.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Report: Nash to win second straight NBA MVP

Complete and utter bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I say the MVP was either going to Nash or Billups this year but Billups kinda disappeared toward the end of the season.

Nash makes everyone around him better. Look at Boris Diaw he was a triple double machine this year and it was mostly thanks to Nash. Even without Amare the Suns are still top of their divison.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I say the MVP was either going to Nash or Billups this year but Billups kinda disappeared toward the end of the season.

Nash makes everyone around him better. Look at Boris Diaw he was a triple double machine this year and it was mostly thanks to Nash. Even without Amare the Suns are still top of their divison.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, even though others performed well, like Dirk, LeBron, Kobe, Brand and Wade, Nash deserves even more than those five.

bread's done
Back