- - - - -

Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

#31 bil4ltool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

You seriously think they have a chance with him in the lineup? You're just nitpicking, the Spurs are gonna whoop that ass either way.

#32 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Big game for the Nets tonight. After Carter and Kidd missing some key free throws last game they need to step it up. Both shit poorly in game one. Nets need this game...

#33 bil4ltool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

Big game for the Nets tonight. After Carter and Kidd missing some key free throws last game they need to step it up. Both shit poorly in game one. Nets need this game...

I think if the big three shit well, then the Pacers will go down the toilet soon.

#34 swetooth9   Go Heels! CAGiversary!   7144 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Artest has been suspended for game 2. Un-MOTHER FUCKING-believable. The NBA is all BS. Artest throws an elbow. BIG FUCKING DEAL. It's part of the game. The NBA was just waiting for any little thing to happen to get Artest in trouble. The NBA IS A JOKE. Year after year, someway, somehow, the Kings will always get screwed.

Fuck THE NBA. SUCK ON KOBES/WADES/LEBRONS DICK MORE.

can ya blame them after incident at the Palace last year?

#35 alucard8319   Timmy! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

alucard8319

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

Van Exel got a little bored on the bench.
Posted Image

#36 Prepster   The Bulls are Back!!! CAGiversary!   2609 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:31 AM

Van Exel got a little bored on the bench.
Posted Image

That was some funny shit, he did it twice in a row!! Great shot lmao.

#37 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:43 AM

I'm impressed with the way Sacramento is hanging in there against the Spurst tonight.

At the end of the third, it's tied at 82.

#38 ph33r m3   C.A.G. Legend CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

ph33r m3

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:53 AM

Good to see the Kings put a fight in really a lackluster playoffs so far.

#39 r1s3n   Savage Fighter! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:33 AM

Oh man overtime damn good game can't believe the Spurs let Sacramento push it to overtime. Oh can't wait to see how this finishes up.

r1s3n

#40 ph33r m3   C.A.G. Legend CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

ph33r m3

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:55 AM

According to ESPN, Kobe's going from #8 to #24, which was the number he led his High School team to the state championship. I love the idea, you know show that he believes he can take em' there. But he's the "Ocho", he can't do that, shit should be illegal.

#41 ScottsUSERID   G.I. Jew CAGiversary!   3690 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

ScottsUSERID

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:59 AM

Artest has been suspended for game 2. Un-MOTHER FUCKING-believable. The NBA is all BS. Artest throws an elbow. BIG FUCKING DEAL. It's part of the game. The NBA was just waiting for any little thing to happen to get Artest in trouble. The NBA IS A JOKE. Year after year, someway, somehow, the Kings will always get screwed.

Fuck THE NBA. SUCK ON KOBES/WADES/LEBRONS DICK MORE.

Hey, i've been preaching the fact that the nba is fixed since 2000 when my milwaukee bucks we're screwed in the ass by the NBA all threwout that series with the sixers. The NBA can easily take a player out of the game with fouls threw the refs, the refs truly control the "fix" and the game, anytime they want.

#42 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:16 AM

Well the Nets played pretty much perfect basketball tonight. Carter picked up his game and they beat up the Pacers. Peja was out though, even though he wasnt really a factor in Game 1. Kidd was still of shooting which I'm a little worried about. Very suprised at the Kings tonight too. Abdur Rahim is an amzing player and should go somewhere else where he can start.

#43 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

Spurs prove it every playoffs why they are in a class alone with Detroit. If the Mavs beat the Spurs, i'll be shocked. As much as you may love Dirk and don't get me wrong he is a great player, he crumbles under pressure. Last year against the Suns, he crashed hard, bitching at Terry, taking wack shots. Maybe this year is different, but gimme Duncan,Ginobli,Parker,Bowen,Finley,Barry,Nick Van Exel,Mohammed.

Dirk has shown all season long that he's capable of winning games under pressure. I've seen him hit last-second shots to win a game several times this season.

This is a different team under Avery. He has this team so much better prepared than any other Mavs team of this era.

I believe Dirk was right in yelling at Terry. Because he didn't foul Nash before he shot the three-pointer, we lost the game. We had a foul to give, and it would have forced the Suns into a much quicker shot, which would have likely had us winning the game.

Finley and Van Exel are over the hill; they are done. Finley can't play defense and can barely dribble the ball without it bouncing off his feet, and Van Exel is okay in very limited play. His knees are too messed up to be anything but a reserve.

I think Dirk, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Damp, Diop, Harris, Daniels, Griffin and Van Horn can beat the Spurs. The Mavs bench is easily the best in the league, and I think they will be the deciding factor in beating the Spurs in a seven-game series.

#44 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

Report: Nash to win second straight NBA MVP

Complete and utter bullshit.

#45 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

No way. Nash makes every man on that team better. He deserves the MVP. Amare is out all year and they are still one of the top teams mainly because of Nash. No way this is bullshit. Great choice for the MVP

#46 craven_fiend   It Gives You Wings CAGiversary!   9144 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

craven_fiend

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:41 PM

He did step it up without Q and Amare this year. I think he moreso deserved it this year than last.

#47 DT778   number 1 on the westside CAGiversary!   10546 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

In more important news, sources say kobe will wear 24 next season.

I cant wait for todays game.

#48 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

I say the MVP was either going to Nash or Billups this year but Billups kinda disappeared toward the end of the season.

Nash makes everyone around him better. Look at Boris Diaw he was a triple double machine this year and it was mostly thanks to Nash. Even without Amare the Suns are still top of their divison.

#49 senorwoohoo   Radio CAGiversary!   14533 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

senorwoohoo

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

I say the MVP was either going to Nash or Billups this year but Billups kinda disappeared toward the end of the season.

Nash makes everyone around him better. Look at Boris Diaw he was a triple double machine this year and it was mostly thanks to Nash. Even without Amare the Suns are still top of their divison.

Exactly, even though others performed well, like Dirk, LeBron, Kobe, Brand and Wade, Nash deserves even more than those five.

#50 swetooth9   Go Heels! CAGiversary!   7144 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

how does Nash have anything to do with Diaw's triple doubles? yea, maybe the points, but not the rebounds or assists...

#51 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

I really hope the NBA changes the way they seed teams heading into the playoffs next season. There's no reason a 60 win team like Dallas should be the fourth seed when Phoenix only has 54 wins and is the second seed.

#52 ksuwild25   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

QFT

Don't get me wrong, I think Nash is one of the best offensive PGs in the league. But Dirk is the only All Star on his team, and he led the Mavs to 60 wins team in probably the toughest division in the league (SA, Dallas, & Memphis finished in the top 4 in overall record in the WC). At least the sportswriters got the COY award right.

Also Dirk has stepped up his game in every playoffs he has been in except for last years, so don't give me any BS about him folding under pressure.

#53 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67204 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:44 PM

Bullshit? You expecting Phoenix to play this well Amare out for most of the year? Nash completely deserves the MVP more than anyone else. He was an early lock for it when the Suns had a great start with only two remaining great players.

QFT

Don't get me wrong, I think Nash is one of the best offensive PGs in the league. But Dirk is the only All Star on his team, and he led the Mavs to 60 wins team in probably the toughest division in the league (SA, Dallas, & Memphis finished in the top 4 in overall record in the WC). At least the sportswriters got the COY award right.

Also Dirk has stepped up his game in every playoffs he has been in except for last years, so don't give me any BS about him folding under pressure.

So Josh Howard, Darrell Armstrong, Jason Terry, and Erick Dampier had no bearing on the Mavs' success? Since when do the playoffs have any bearing on the MVP? It's a regular season award, so a player's performance in the playoffs aren't, and shouldn't, be factored into the decision.

I really hope the NBA changes the way they seed teams heading into the playoffs next season. There's no reason a 60 win team like Dallas should be the fourth seed when Phoenix only has 54 wins and is the second seed.

Sure, take away any advantage a team should get for winning their division.

#54 ph33r m3   C.A.G. Legend CAGiversary!   3795 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

ph33r m3

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:49 PM

QFT

Only all-star on his team? Well umm...I wouldn't call Eddie House, James Jones, and Boris Diaw stars. Shawn Marion has had his best statistical season, even with that ugly shot.

#55 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

Sure, take away any advantage a team should get for winning their division.

Yeah, the NBA should take it away, because it's a giving a false reading of that team's success. So a team should get rewarded more for winning a division rather than trying to have the most wins in their conference?

What's more telling of a team's success - winning their division or winning more games? It's simple, teams with the best records should get rewarded with a higher playoff seeding for winning more games.

The Denver Nuggets finished the season with a 44-38 record and the third seed in the playoffs. That's a .538 winning percentage, barely over .500. Do you honestly think it's reasonable that they are seeded higher than the Mavericks who have a .732 winning percentage? That's just plain stupid, and many journalists have predicted the NBA will look to change it this offseason.

#56 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

And as soon as it gets changed, a team will barely win in a tough division, coming out with a lower record and getting a lower seed. Then the bitching will continue. Division winners get the highest seeds in every American sport, and I can't find a compelling argument to change it for the NBA.

I also find it funny that everyone seems to think the guy from "their team" should be MVP. Just look at locations and who the poster's arguing about being MVP.

#57 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:03 AM

And as soon as it gets changed, a team will barely win in a tough division, coming out with a lower record and getting a lower seed. Then the bitching will continue. Division winners get the highest seeds in every American sport, and I can't find a compelling argument to change it for the NBA.

I also find it funny that everyone seems to think the guy from "their team" should be MVP. Just look at locations and who the poster's arguing about being MVP.

- Dirk led the league with a 28.20 PER.
- He led his team to equal the franchise's best record ever.
- He hit last-second shot after last-second shot.
- There were many journalists predicting Dallas would barely make the playoffs, yet they were neck and neck with San Antonio (The reigning NBA champions) all season long. They finished with the third-best record in the NBA.

#58 swetooth9   Go Heels! CAGiversary!   7144 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:10 AM

well, i'm not biased since my team isn't in the playoffs...i say MVP is chauncey...

#59 whiteboy   Sanchito CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whiteboy

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:12 AM

Definitely, I usually check the person's location right after reading a biased ass post. So far everyone who thinks Dirk should be MVP has been from Dallas and while there are some people from Arizona promoting Nash all of the neutral people in the argument think Nash is the deserving MVP.

As a Golden State fan from the bay area I definitely think Nash is the MVP. Sure Dirk isn't playing with any all-stars but before the season if you ask any fan who they'd rather have as role players among Jerry Stackhouse, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Keith Van Horn, Erick Dampier, and Devin Harris vs. Boris Diaw, James Jones, Eddie House, Kurt Thomas, Brian Grant, and Leandro Barbosa I bet 100% say the Mavs' group. Bottom line is Eddie House, Boris Diaw, James Jones, Shawn Marion, and Barbosa are all having career years with Nash and Diaw, Jones, and House wouldnt even be recognizable names to a casual NBA fan without Nash. No one predicted the Suns would be in the playoffs before the season knowing that Amare would be out half the year (turned out he was out the entire year) and that Joe Johnson and Q-Rich were gone but they still managed to not only make the playoffs but get the third best record in the west.

#60 DomLando   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

I agree 100% with the last post. And the argument about the Winning divisions I'm all for if you win you divison you should get the higher seed. LIke stated above, if you have a really tough division and you win it your record might not be as good as a team with a weak divsion. Does that mean the team with more wins should be ahead. You play more games in your division than any other. I see nothing wrong with the format now. If you win your division you desrve to be one of the top 3 seeds.