What order to play the RE games in?

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm finally getting around to playing all the RE games; for some reason I've just never gotten into them until now....

So, stupid question:
What order should I play them in? Chronological by release, or in numerical order? And where should RE:CVX and Survivor fit in? Please give me your advice.

BTW, I have a PS2 and a GC, so feel free to mention games on both platforms.

THANKS!!

This is how I'd play them:

RE original PS1 version)
RE (GC remake)
RE2
RE3 Nemesis
RE:CVX
RE:Outbreak
RE: Survivor
RE: Dead Aim

RE (Gba game-skip it, as it sucks and not worth playing)

[quote name='organicow']what about RE Zero?? Before 1?[/quote]

No. Play RE 1 before zero... i played zero first and i should not have. There are some plot twists in RE 1 that won't be surprising if you play RE 0 first.

Actually, it's actually even better to wait to play RE 0 until you have played RE 2 also..

I would play them like this...

RE 1
RE 1 (Remake)
RE 2
RE CVX
RE Survivor
RE 3
RE 0
RE Deadaim and/or Outbreak ( I know nothing of these two titles story line)

[quote name='organicow']Chronological by release, or in numerical order?[/quote]

Uh, wouldn't that be the same thing? I mean, it's not like they released RE3 before RE2..

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow']Chronological by release, or in numerical order?[/quote]

Uh, wouldn't that be the same thing? I mean, it's not like they released RE3 before RE2..[/quote]

But they did release RE0 wayyy after RE1.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow']Chronological by release, or in numerical order?[/quote]

Uh, wouldn't that be the same thing? I mean, it's not like they released RE3 before RE2..[/quote]

Yeah, but they did release Resident Evil Remake on gamecube after 2,3,and cvx and then they released 0 after them all.

[quote name='Final Starman'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow']Chronological by release, or in numerical order?[/quote]

But they did release RE0 wayyy after RE1.[/quote]

yeah, that's what i was referring to. also, i wasn't sure if CV:X and the other non-numbered RE games were released in the order in which their stories took place.

scorch - thanks for using the opportunity to be a smart-ass though. :wink:

I own all the RE games on the Cube, and am a huge fan.

I played and finished as Chris on REmake first. Great storyline. Wow! Impressed, and collected the remaining series.
Then, I started on RE Zero, finished the train section, and stopped.
Lack of solid blocks of time to really get into game.

Demo'ed RE2, demo'ed RE3, demo'ed RE-CVX.
Demo'ed meaning watched the auto-demos, intros, and played and messed around for an hour or so, but did not save.

I recommend in this order: REmake, RE Zero, RE3, RE2, then RE-CVX.

Outbreak and Dead Aim? What storyline.....? Outbreak is an online gimmick, and Dead Aim is a Guncon game. Skip RE Gaiden on GBC too.

I'd play it like this

RE (PS1)
REmake (GCN)
RE Zero (GCN)
RE 2 Platnium (PC)
RE 3
RE Code Veronica X
RE Dead Aim

Skip - RE Survivor (PS1) and RE Gaiden (GBC)

I'm probably missing one or two.

bread's done
Back