Cleaning the Xbox DVD Drive

Abalistar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Ok, I've recently noticed a lot of little graphical hiccups, and some skipping when I play games on my Xbox. At first I figured it was nothing but the game I was playing. Well, I've noticed them quite a bit on other games too, so I was thinking of trying to clean my drive.

I was going to buy one of those DVD drive cleaner discs to pop in there and see if that would help any. Anyone got anything they'd reccommend? And I'm guessing I'll need to find a remote to go through the menus and stuff on the cleaner, right?

I'm really hoping it somehow got a little dirty, because I've already had one Xbox drive die on me, and don't want that to happen again.

I think I might have asked this here a while back too, but I can't remember anything that was said.

Alright, which one do you have? Because I used to have one that wouldn't play in the Xbox, because it played like a DVD.

It probably varies from cleaner to cleaner about how they work.

If you need a quality disc-cleaner, this Maxwell one should suit you fine.

pic.php

Its available at Circuit City and FYE.

It's a DVD-based disc, so it requires a remote and an Xbox DVD Playback Kit to work.

[quote name='Rozz']If you need a quality disc-cleaner, this Maxwell one should suit you fine.

pic.php

Its available at Circuit City and FYE.

It's a DVD-based disc, so it requires a remote and an Xbox DVD Playback Kit to work.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks a lot. I shall hunt it down tommorow then try to hunt down a cheap playback kit.

check to see which drive you have in your xbox. Cos if you have the Thompson drive, all the cleaning in the world aint gonna help ya.

Naw, it's not a Thompson. My last Xbox had a Thompson. This one is ethier a Phillips or a Samsung(forgot). My last Xbox lasted about 2 years, this one is coming in on 2 years too. If this one is dying too, and not just a little dirty, I'm banishing Microsoft from my house. -_-

Picked up the cleaner yesterday, and gonna take in the Xbox to use someone's remote tommorow. Hopefully that's all it needed.

bread's done
Back