Boob Physics: How Gaming 'Bounced' Forward

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
brst.jpg

Much to long anticipation (by me at least), here is the article I wrote that takes a look at how breast physics have played their part in gaming. Feedback is welcome. Thx to all the help!

http://www.clubskill.com/Game_Specials/3514/Boob Physics

------------------------------------
Much like my research on death ( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92124 ) I'm starting research for another article I hope to do for http://www.ClubSkill.com

This time I'm looking for all games that have implimented boob physics into their game. Every singel game that comes to your mind would ba a huge help... I know it may sound a bit tasteless for me to do an article on such a thing, but I am trying to cover stuff that most game sites never go over. I'll post a few that I know from memory:

Dead or Alive
Dead or Alive 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball
Rumble Roses
Rumble Roses XX
Tekken 5
Project Justice
Rival Schools
Soul Edge
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur 2
Soul Calibur 3
King of Fighters (all games that feature Mai)
Rumble Fish
Tomb Raider Dark Angel
Tomb Raider Legends
Metal Gear Ac!d 2

... I know there's a ton more so any help would be superb.

[quote name='SMMM']Cammy's boobs bounced in SF2, iirc. Oh, and don't forget Bloody Roar.

cammyssf2stance15jh.gif
[/QUOTE]

That's not physics, that's just a 2D sprite.

Don't forget the Mortal Kombat series! And all the weird H-Games that come out of Japan!

Bloodrayne had ridiculous amount of jiggle just by turning. I think the bloody roar games. Metroid has no jiggle factor. Devil may cry, Ninja gaiden (big time). thats all I can think of now.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']That's not physics, that's just a 2D sprite.

Don't forget the Mortal Kombat series! And all the weird H-Games that come out of Japan![/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm confused at what the hell you are guys are looking for then.

[quote name='SMMM']Ok, I'm confused at what the hell you are guys are looking for then.[/QUOTE]

anything related to boob movement. Though it's not true boob physics, it's what started it.

I was also wondering if anyone had a basic mathematical physics equation on boob physiscs... I know it sounds insane, but I'm also covering the technical side of boobs in games.

[quote name='Apossum']Killer Instinct-- B.Orchid's death move with boobs[/QUOTE]

And Maya from KI2 also.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater had some physics on Eva's model.

I'm enoying your article ideas so far BTW. Let us know when the articles are finished.

Do you have a link to the articles you've already done for clubskill?

G4's Icon show did an episode on this. Surprisingly, it was very interesting and taken very seriously. Sorry, but I don't have anything to add to your list.

[quote name='Foolman']G4's Icon show did an episode on this. Surprisingly, it was very interesting and taken very seriously. Sorry, but I don't have anything to add to your list.[/QUOTE]

comments are more than welcome... any info or opinions are welcome as well.

Well to properly research the subject you should probably observe real boobs bouncing and compare (that's probably what the programmers did anyway...).

I'd imagine they already had some rubber physics and kind of worked with that, made it a little more fluid. I dunno, something like that.

hah, that's the first thing i noticed about MGA2, i was watching takiyama's face, then her boobs started moving (even when practically still, haha)

weird, cool reserach topic though

I remember reading that they could have added another character in one of the early King Of Fighter games, but instead they used the available space to make the famous bouncing boobs of Mai

According to the Wiki, mai was the first to have bouncing breasts.

[quote name='SMMM']Ok, I'm confused at what the hell you are guys are looking for then.[/QUOTE]
Actual boob values written into the physics engine.

I think with your article, you should include a video of all the bouncing boobs in question. I mean you have to show your work in math?

I may be mistaken but I believe the "Ready to Rumble" games had a little bouncy action. Also "Outlaw Tennis".

Aggressive Inline has boob physics. Really bad physics too. But it was still a good game as long as you played as the dudes.

[quote name='KingDox']Aggressive Inline has boob physics. Really bad physics too. But it was still a good game as long as you played as the dudes.[/QUOTE]

and the funny thing is that it was developed by the same people who made BMX XXX.

I'll think about the video, but it may be too damn distracting >_

I will point out that it seems the one team that has had the most experience with these types of physics has to be Team Ninja.

I beleive that anime had a huge influence on this happening. Alot of animes tend to pull stuff off like this, so it naturally transitioned into 2d fighters (both anime and 2d fighters heavily use animated characters), and moved into 3d.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I will point out that it seems the one team that has had the most experience with these types of physics has to be Team Ninja.

I beleive that anime had a huge influence on this happening. Alot of animes tend to pull stuff off like this, so it naturally transitioned into 2d fighters (both anime and 2d fighters heavily use animated characters), and moved into 3d.[/QUOTE]

Boob physics sold DoA 1. and DoA 1 saved Tecmo (it was named "Dead or Alive" because the company had its future completely staked on it.) Thus, boob physics saved Tecmo :)

can't forget the obligatory gif:
kasumi.gif

Didn't one (or many of) the Sims games have bouncing breasts? I am not certain, because I never cared for the series; I've only seen people playing it. Might be wrong.

Lineage II.

The female dark elves have huge boobs. They bend over when running and the boobs bounce up and down and slap off of eachother... ...I was also doing simular research... :oops:

[quote name='Apossum']Boob physics sold DoA 1. and DoA 1 saved Tecmo (it was named "Dead or Alive" because the company had its future completely staked on it.) Thus, boob physics saved Tecmo :)

can't forget the obligatory gif:
kasumi.gif
[/QUOTE]

That's a logical fallacy. Boob physics saved everyone.

[quote name='2poor']World of Warcraft?[/quote]

Wood elf breasts heave while breathing, but I don't think they bounce.

you should watch the burn up w series. its not that great, but they implemented the interesting boob counter (as in how many times a pair of boobies bounces throughout the episode). nothing beats zzz sized breasts on a small framed anime wench.

Blood Rayne

I love boob physics! I wouldn't think they are very hard to do, considering if you can program how to move a character's arms or legs, it should be the same type of issue. I wonder if they bring in women with big boobs and have them run in place and stuff and see how much their titties jiggle. :drool:

I want that job :)

[quote name='Chacrana']That's a logical fallacy. Boob physics saved everyone.[/QUOTE]

they were really on the brink of going under before doa1 came out, but I see what you're saying.

Lots of game have BASIC boob physics. That is to say, Boobs will at some point, move.

I think Shadow Hearts 2 had a LITTLE bit of movement.

[quote name='Apossum']they were really on the brink of going under before doa1 came out, but I see what you're saying.[/QUOTE]

If anyone needs proof on what Apossom is saying, unlock the movies in DoA Ultimate and watch the behind the scenes G4 video.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anything related to boob movement. Though it's not true boob physics, it's what started it.

I was also wondering if anyone had a basic mathematical physics equation on boob physiscs... I know it sounds insane, but I'm also covering the technical side of boobs in games.[/QUOTE]
I'm no game programmer, but making an educated guess as a person with a background in physics, they probably model them as pendula or some other type of oscillators (springs) with damping. To model them properly requires use of differential equations.

I'm sure many developers cheat by either simplifying and tweaking the physics code until they look "good enough" or forgoing physics altogether and simply animating the models instead of relying on real-time caluculations. Employing a middleware physics engine like Havok is another option.

bread's done
Back