Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

I saw Golden Sun for 9.98 at Target Flemming Island, Orange Park Florida.
I also picked up Tribes fir PS2 for 9.99, it was the last one though :( , sorry.

I have a question about a game I got. During my break, I found Karoke Revolution at one Target by my work for $29.99 and I found that quite not right. They had non-GH of Xenosaga for $29.99 also (I scanned them). So I assumed they really sucked at updating their prices. Well, I bought Karoke Revolution anyways for now and didn't want to open it until I confirmed if I can do a price adjust at a different Target.

I called some other Targets to do a pricecheck and said they couldn't find a SKU so they couldn't give me a price. What I wanted to do was go to the returns department and ask them to do a price adjust but I'm worried that since it's not in the system anymore, it could come up $0.00 and there's no way I could have them use the price gun and they'll probably make a big hassle and call the mangager over and they'll be like "Well, we can't do anything about it, blah blah blah"

So what should I do? Should I just return it completely and then re-buy it again? (assuming they'll put it back on the floor)

Target in Whitestone, Queens had several copies of Deus Ex: IW that scanned at $0.00; Price lookup on them gave a price of $9.98

[quote name='rebthor']Target in Whitestone, Queens had several copies of Deus Ex: IW that scanned at $0.00; Price lookup on them gave a price of $9.98[/quote]
For which system?

At Target in New Braunfels, TX, I just purchased Golden Sun 2 for $9.98.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"

Also, where do you get off calling the Target raincheck deal a "scam" ? I'm glad something is finally being done about the fact that their advertised items are usually not in stock when I go to purchase them. The real scam is Target's bait-and-switch advertising.

And since lord knows someone will ask about it, the other locked thread will become buried, people don't follow links, and I have an update or two:

[quote name='CheapD']Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.
*note* I strongly suggest using half.com as they have just about everything you could ever want. Another good site is:
http://store.yahoo.com/game-questdirect/index.html
They have some of the rarer games, however, every now and then you'll come across a game with no upc for Ganesha knows what reason. - Zen

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.
*note* Scworak, makes you sign up after a few barcodes. It's free, and probably my favorite, but if you don't like signing up for things use the other 2. - Zen

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)
[/quote]

To above: when you get a raincheck do you intend to get the item you got a raincheck for with it? If yes-go to Not A Scam : If no go to SCAM... I don't expect that people won't do it but I hardly see how it isn't a scam if you never intended to purchase the sale item in the first place.

[quote name='tolhurst']To above: when you get a raincheck do you intend to get the item you got a raincheck for with it? If yes-go to Not A Scam : If no go to SCAM... I don't expect that people won't do it but I hardly see how it isn't a scam if you never intended to purchase the sale item in the first place.[/quote]

How is it a scam, when the raincheck CLEARLY SAYS (the first part in bold, I'd like to add) "CHOOSE A SUBSTITE Choose a substitute and recieve the same percentage off (listed above) on a regular-priced item within the same product category (i.e. TV for TV, doll for doll, shirt for shirt)." How is it a goddamned scam if you are following THEIR WRITTEN POLICY???

Tolhurst, you can keep your scam theories to yourself, please. Or at least make your own thread so you can toot your own horn. You should read the receipt, and then read the FIRST POST about extraneous posts!

Brighton, MI

Prince of Persia (GBA) $4.98

Ok Target Deals-

Santa Ana CA (17th Street)
Balders Gate: Dark Alliance GH (PS2)
$4.94

(i returned my extra copy to the Target on Culver and Barranca in Irvine CA)

Target
Tustin Ranch (Jamboree / Irvine Blvd)
Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2)
$6.48

to the guy who wanted to return a clearance game...

firstly, just to let you know, it's target policy to NOT do price adjustments at guest service for clearance items. price changes, sale prices, etc... they will do, but not for clearance.

secondly, you can return the game, but you can't buy it back on the spot. not sure why, because it's stupid. i've helped a customer before though in a similar situation. she returned a cordless phone that she never opened, and it went on clearance. they said she couldn't buy it back, and she returned it anyway. she came over to electronics to buy other stuff and the topic came up. i went over to guest service to pick up the reshops (the term we use for go backs, stuff that ends up in the wrong dept, etc.) and lo and behold, the phone was there. brought it back and she bought it at clearance price. there's probably something in the system though that they can look up later if you try to return it again.

[quote name='jjason82']I just bought La Pucelle Tactics for $20.[/quote]

This thread is for clearance deals only. That is not a clearance deal, and it has been covered in other threads.

More copies of baldur's gate(GH) here in L.A., CA, but $6.94 and a few copies of Activision Anthology for $9.94

Allen, Tx

Amped 2(xbox)-$20.98
WWF Raw(xbox)- $13.98
Conflict Desert Storm(xbox)-13.98-idiots still have it in the regular section

Sacramento, CA on Broadway

Mobile Light Force 2 6.98
Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage 6.98
State of Emergency 6.98
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 4.98

Probably shouldn't bother getting the first three but I've heard Baldur's Gate is a good game. Several copies of all the games above are there.

Cincinnati, Ohio, Fields Ertel
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, GBA, $4.98

I had no interest in the game. There were about seven copies left as of yesterday(7/22) at 7:30 p.m.

i picked up Baldur's gate dark alliance for ps2 at a houston store (san felipe) for a titch under $7. last one though.

Has anyone noticed that the summer clearance pickings seem to be rather slim? Months ago I was scoring great games left and right, and now there's nothing of interest.

[quote name='Skylander7']Montgomery, AL

Ninja Turtles for Xbox... 6.98

Mobile, AL

Mobile Light Force 2: 6.98
Tekken Tag Tournament 8.98[/quote]

sweet, i live in birmingham and hope they have it.. i went 2 days ago and saw nhl 2004 for pc for 2.xx ... they had about 3 or 4 copies (target in birmingham off highway 280)

[quote name='DjSkittles']Has anyone noticed that the summer clearance pickings seem to be rather slim? Months ago I was scoring great games left and right, and now there's nothing of interest.[/quote]

Yes, I think they "cleared out" most everything at my Targets :D

[quote name='deathcabforcutie'][quote name='Skylander7']Montgomery, AL

Mobile, AL

sweet, i live in birmingham and hope they have it.. i went 2 days ago and saw nhl 2004 for pc for 2.xx ... they had about 3 or 4 copies (target in birmingham off highway 280)[/quote]

Jesus christ man, good luck... for some reason it seems like people in this state have Cheap Ass Doppler... they smell a deal before it gets on CAG half the time. I mean... just imagine if there was a Cabela's Deer Hunter or NASCAR game at the Circuit City sale... there would have been a mass riot. Rednecks suck ass...

N. Attleboro, MA:
Xbox:
Nightcaster 2: $12.99 (in glass case for some reason, they used to be in the clearance section)
Obi-Wan PH: $4.98
Spyhunter PH: $4.98

PS2: Mobile Light Force 2: $6.48

The latter three were all double that price YESTERDAY when I went to pick up something else, so I think at least at my store the clearance markdowns are on Mondays. There were good supplies of each title, especially Mobile Light Force 2.

Mayfield Heights OH had several copies of Syberia which rang up for $8.48

And at every Target in NE Ohio, it seems spy hunter XBOX is $5

[quote name='Skylander7'][quote name='deathcabforcutie'][quote name='Skylander7']Montgomery, AL

Mobile, AL

sweet, i live in birmingham and hope they have it.. i went 2 days ago and saw nhl 2004 for pc for 2.xx ... they had about 3 or 4 copies (target in birmingham off highway 280)[/quote]

Jesus christ man, good luck... for some reason it seems like people in this state have Cheap Ass Doppler... they smell a deal before it gets on CAG half the time. I mean... just imagine if there was a Cabela's Deer Hunter or NASCAR game at the Circuit City sale... there would have been a mass riot. Rednecks suck ass...[/quote]

hahah lmao you got that right... you dont mess with ppl and their nascar around here.. went back to target today, no sign of ninja turtles, did pick up amped 2 for 14.98

Maximum Chase (XBox) - 4.98! (reduced again from $10) Kansas City
Found 2 >traded to Fye for $18 each> Preordered GTA San Andreas
______ :D

Maximum Chase 4.98
NHL 2004 GC 7.98
conflict desert storm xbox 4.98
pokemon channel 7.98

in Athens Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back