Plane with "Hail Xenu!" banner at MI:3 premiere?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I just read this on Fark and I have no idea if it's true or not but it's definitely funny either way ...

http://hailxenu.net/

[quote name='hailxenu.net'] Over at OT we have raised over $4,000 which is being used to fly a banner over Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood today where Tom Cruise will be for the premiere of Mission Impossible 3. The banner will say “Hail Xenu LOL

Sounds cool...even though I dont know what Xenu is...

Speaking of MI:3 though, I'm going to see it tomorrow even though *gasp* Tom Cruise is a Scientologist.

[quote name='whoknows']Sounds cool...even though I dont know what Xenu is...

Speaking of MI:3 though, I'm going to see it tomorrow even though *gasp* Tom Cruise is a Scientologist.[/QUOTE]
Xenu is the comic-book quality originator of Scientology. No, not the sci-fi author who made up Scientology, but the guy that the sci-fi author who made up Scientology said is the godly-type figure.

Xenu_BBC_Panorama.jpg

[quote name='Over easy']I read the wiki article on Xenu, and I just feel I lost 5 minutes of my life. That story made absolutely no sense.[/QUOTE]

But that is what scientologists actually believe!

[quote name='botticus']Xenu is the comic-book quality originator of Scientology. No, not the sci-fi author who made up Scientology, but the guy that the sci-fi author who made up Scientology said is the godly-type figure.

Xenu_BBC_Panorama.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like his hat, I bet with that hat he tapped some major thetan pussy back in the day.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']I like his hat, I bet with that hat he tapped some major thetan pussy back in the day.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='whoknows']I must say I'm glad it didn't happen, people really need to get over the whole scientology thing.[/QUOTE]
When they stop using lawsuits, fear, and intimidation to censor and stifle dissent, when they stop robbing their members blind with their rediculous "audits" that they charge obscene amounts of money for, when they stop using celebrities to lure vulnerable people into their "treatment" programs, THEN I will "get over scientology". This is a dangerous cult.

Freedom of religion gives their followers the right to believe in whatever they want. But that does not give the "church" of Scientology the right to exploit people.

Eh, I got the 'joke' and didn't really find it all that funny. Not a big deal to me that it didn't happen, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

bread's done
Back