Preorder DS lite at ebgames.com for 129.99

[quote name='zackattack']They both go to baseball for me, but the ds lite is on the front page of their site.[/QUOTE]
Weird... my link was working when I posted it, but not anymore. Third link is still working, wonder if that will get screwed up by the affiliate conversion too.

[quote name='RoadDogg']129.99 is the retail price, just incase some of you thought this was a deal.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, this is much, much more reasonable than the rumored $200 price point. I'll definitely pick one of these up.

[quote name='RoadDogg']129.99 is the retail price, just incase some of you thought this was a deal.[/QUOTE]

we know, but we're scared that it will be sold out at launch and that the only way to obtain one would be thru ebay (prices would be ridiculously high in such a senario).

^^^They may not be...my friend works at an EB and was going to call me when they started taking store preorders. Hasn't yet.

Of course, he was a lazy bastard who lived in my garage for a month, so he's not always the most reliable guy on the planet.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Are they doing preorders in store yet?[/QUOTE]
Naah, but I called and heard that they may start tomorrow.

Interesting that it's the same price as the current DS because it seems like when Nintendo updates a handheld the price goes up, GAB was either $70 or $80 when the SP came out for $100, the SP was $80 when the Micro came out for $100. I thought the Lite would be $150

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Interesting that it's the same price as the current DS because it seems like when Nintendo updates a handheld the price goes up, GAB was either $70 or $80 when the SP came out for $100, the SP was $80 when the Micro came out for $100. I thought the Lite would be $150[/quote]
Yea what you said! I'm pleasantly surprised and hope to upgrade though. Wonder what the DS will drop to when the Lite comes out....

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Interesting that it's the same price as the current DS because it seems like when Nintendo updates a handheld the price goes up, GAB was either $70 or $80 when the SP came out for $100, the SP was $80 when the Micro came out for $100. I thought the Lite would be $150[/QUOTE]

GB wasn't/isn't competing against the PSP like the DS is.

I'm waiting until they release the light blue one (Hopefully). I am not getting white though....I'm waiting for another color.

Anyone know if this will be available for pre-order on Amazon (since they're partnered with GameStop)? I really want to use a gift certificate.

Anyway, it's great to have a release date. I've held off buying a DS and one way or another I'm getting this on release day.

lol i can probably pay for a DS lite on amazon thorugh CoinExpressed saved about 200 dollars worth of quarters lol (its for my retirement)

i think ill just use credit at GameCrazy

definitely gonna look around CAG first though

[quote name='BasketCase1080']maybe I will have enough rewards zone points at best buy to warrant a purchase of this... well see[/QUOTE]

what did you buy to earn about $130 in rewards zone?
the whole store?

[quote name='gkrykewy']FREESHIPALL code doesn't appear to be working for this on gamestop. At least not for me.[/QUOTE]

it is working for me.
however. the 7% tax ($9.10) is really hurting me.

[quote name='wbc1228']it is working for me.
however. the 7% tax ($9.10) is really hurting me.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s I don't get it... where do you people live and/or buy stuff that sales tax is ever avoidable, to make it an issue? Anything I buy online costs me the same in tax as it would if I bought it in the store. Other than DDD, I dunno of any site offhand that doesn't charge sales tax.

And this is ignoring the fact that most people will have a line on their tax return that says "Enter the amount you have spent on internet purchases for which you were not charged state sales tax" and this becomes a moot point ;)

[quote name='wbc1228']what did you buy to earn about $130 in rewards zone?
the whole store?[/quote]

lol yea you only get 3.33% back from reward zone purchases so to get 129.99 youd need to spend 4000 dollars O.O

i figure if you can spend that much then the 129.99 for the ds wont be big deal

I'm gona hold out for a black friday deal. Last time i bought a GB at release there were crazy deals at the end of the year, especially with the SP in 2003.

[quote name='botticus']:whistle2:s I don't get it... where do you people live and/or buy stuff that sales tax is ever avoidable, to make it an issue? Anything I buy online costs me the same in tax as it would if I bought it in the store. Other than DDD, I dunno of any site offhand that doesn't charge sales tax.

And this is ignoring the fact that most people will have a line on their tax return that says "Enter the amount you have spent on internet purchases for which you were not charged state sales tax" and this becomes a moot point ;)[/QUOTE]

in the past, gamestop.com didn't charge me tax. so, i'm a little spoiled.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Interesting that it's the same price as the current DS because it seems like when Nintendo updates a handheld the price goes up, GAB was either $70 or $80 when the SP came out for $100, the SP was $80 when the Micro came out for $100. I thought the Lite would be $150[/QUOTE]

The regular DS comes with AC. Too bad the Lite doesn't.

How long does EBgames.com take to ship to addresses using the value shipping?

It comes out 11th, but I am leaving the country on the 16th.. think it'll make it by then?

[quote name='oli84']How long does EBgames.com take to ship to addresses using the value shipping?

It comes out 11th, but I am leaving the country on the 16th.. think it'll make it by then?[/quote]

Your probably better off picking it up B&M since the value shipping always takes a long ass time.

not trying to be a smartguy or anything, but to get FREESHIPALL to work you have to use the Gamestop link on the main page.

just trying to help. :)

EDIT: nm, it doesnt work for me even using that link.

[quote name='gkrykewy']FREESHIPALL code doesn't appear to be working for this on gamestop. At least not for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Link127']not trying to be a smartguy or anything, but to get FREESHIPALL to work you have to use the Gamestop link on the main page.

just trying to help. :)

EDIT: nm, it doesnt work for me even using that link.[/QUOTE]

I didn't use the link on the front page and it still worked. So, I'm not sure why some people are not able to use the code.
Weird...........

I wonder if EB will do an old DS trade-in deal like they did with the new slim PS2 and the old model.

I'll hang on to my old one in the hopes that they announce something like this :)

For the gamestop freeshipall deal, it charges me a "handling fee" of $4.49 (no "shipping" fee). Eh, I'll just try pre-ordering in store tomorrow...

I just sold my old DS on ebay for $225. This is awesome its only $130, I'm going to go to a local EB and preorder it though. I hope they start preorders tomorrow.

so what iwill be the price difference between them ? about $30 or so? is the price differenceworth it to get the ds lite?

[quote name='Graystone']I just sold my old DS on ebay for $225. This is awesome its only $130, I'm going to go to a local EB and preorder it though. I hope they start preorders tomorrow.[/quote]

Must have been gold plated or one hell of a bundle!

I'm probably going to check B&M tomorrow. They will almost defenitly take preorders in store just when it starts is the question. And knowing Gamestop there will probably be some kind of trade in promotion with the old DS. But who knows when they will start that. I would put money down on the Lite if it starts tomorrow and then wait for a promotion so at least your on the top of the preorder list. If you wait around you might not get one.

I just sold my old DS and took a $50 hit. I also decided to pre-order at Gamecrazy because nobody goes there and I won't need to worry about running out of stock. :)

GameStop and EBGames put preorder SKU's into there system 2 hours after the system was announced.

Stores will start taking pre-orders Friday May 5th 2006.

129.99 for the system. $25 dollar deposit is required for preorder.

Trade in for a used DS is still $50.00 in store credit at GameStop/EBGames as of May 4th 2006.

Shipping options online
Overnight UPS - 1 Day
2-Day UPS - 2 Days
UPS Ground - 3-5 Days
USPS Value - 5-10 Business Days (No tracking available)

*These are business days*

USPS Value I would not reccomend. If it is past 10 Business days you still have to wait for 30 regular days to pass before GameStop will file a lost item through the USPS and issue you a replacement.

Hmm.. I think thats all I have to say.. Enjoy

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I'd rather pre-order it instore. When does gamecrazy allow preorders?[/quote]

They're taking pre-order right now, but you need to put down $50.

Derrr.... well, I was able to get the FREESHIPALL code applied after clicking on the link from the homepage. Forgive me cheapy! No extra handling fee. I wonder why this seems so inconsistent across the board?

B&M preorders confirmed @ Gamestop, $50 deposit required. I called Gamecrazy to ask about a trade price and she said that they don't start preorders till after E3.

If they do a special promotion where they raise the trade-in value of an old DS to $100 (a la the fat-for-slim PS2 deal), I might consider dropping $30 for the upgrade. The controls on the original feel uncomfortable to me.

[quote name='BustaUppa']If they do a special promotion where they raise the trade-in value of an old DS to $100 (a la the fat-for-slim PS2 deal), I might consider dropping $30 for the upgrade. The controls on the original feel uncomfortable to me.[/QUOTE]
I would as well, assuming I can cop a feel of the Lite at a demo somewhere first.

Though, if you do a trade-in deal, you'd probably have to see about cracking open the box right there so you could transfer your DS settings over.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Derrr.... well, I was able to get the FREESHIPALL code applied after clicking on the link from the homepage. Forgive me cheapy! No extra handling fee. I wonder why this seems so inconsistent across the board?[/quote]

I'm in Hawaii, so I assume they added the fee to cover the extra cost to ship here. Too bad, I got my original DS online from them early last year for just $3.95 shipping w/no tax--it ended up being cheaper for me to buy online than at B&M. Plus they airmailed it to me even though I used the value option. Oh wells, I'll try and stop by my local store today for a pre-order.

bread's done
Back