CAGcast #28/#29: E3 2006 Part 1 & 2

The show would of been better if you had done it after the Wii party. Instead Wii got a lot of "tune in tomorrow" bullshit.

[quote name='thorbahn3']The show would of been better if you had done it
after the Wii party. Instead Wii got a lot of "tune in tomorrow" bullshit.[/quote] Tune in tomorrow ;)
[quote name='miyamotofreak']The RSS feed is broken. Please fix Cheapy![/quote] fixed, sorry!

is it up on Itunes yet? I can't find it. I wanna listen on my way home from school :)

[quote name='CheapyD']go do your podcast page and hit "update" in the top right corner of itunes[/QUOTE]

there it is. thanks cheapy!

[quote name='smellytim']was the game for 360 you guys forgot to mention halo 3?[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it? do you have a link?

This has nothing to do with anything, but after looking at Wombat's gamercard, why does the Mutant Storm Reloaded icon look like Goatse? That must be some game.

Cheapy's voice sounds like crap. Why don't you just record Cheapy directly from the mic while he talks to Wombat, and then edit it all together. That's how a lot of podcasts do it.

Damn speaker phone voice again! Also I too noticed CheapyD was out of it. At first I thought he was pretending to be gay but he was most likely tired from a long day of walking.

Also your Mass Effect and Gears of War talk made we want to strangle CheapyD.
"It's like KOTOR but not really like KOTOR."

2 shows in two days, and all I get is whining. Maybe you girls should go listen to "The My Little Pony Customs" Podcast. Is there no pleasing you people.

Oh and as always thanks for listening

[quote name='Wombat']2 shows in two days, and all I get is whining. Maybe you girls should go listen to "The My Little Pony Customs" Podcast. Is there no pleasing you people.

Oh and as always thanks for listening[/QUOTE]

Sure there is. What was the one where you guys were winging it... 26. Now that was a Cagcast.

Gosh Wombat... I don't think you want to come up here to Boston... were in the middle of like 10 days of straight rain and cloudiness.

[quote name='Wombat']2 shows in two days, and all I get is whining. Maybe you girls should go listen to "The My Little Pony Customs" Podcast. Is there no pleasing you people.

Comon now Wombat I've been listening to you and Cheapy on a constant loop for the last month.

The podcasts have been great. The fruitcake at the Viva booth was hilarious.

Splinter Cell Sam Fisher. It’s so obvious. It’s the competitor to MGSolid in many ways and Ubisoft it working closely with Nintendo on Red Steel. It’s so obvious i’m surprised I’m the first to mention it. This of course is in relation to 3′d party charecters in SSB Brawler. Nintendo said there talking to other 3'd parties about possible charecters in the game other then snake. And all anyone has said is Sonic. Sam Fisher is coming to Super Smash brothers as well as Snake and I think the combination will make the game sell more then the already crazy amount it has in the past as a result.

Edit:

Anyway I just relized somethingabout Twilight Princess, Midna is the Fairy partner you have in the game. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. I'm willing to bet a kings ransom, the price of a PS3 and a game sounds about right, that i'm right in this.

[quote name='Shion']They need to make a rafting/canoeing game for the Wii.

I'd fucking be all over that.[/QUOTE]

There is a rafting arcade game just like the one you requested, Too bad it sucks... pretty much like how every rafting game would when you take out the danger and getting wet elements.

[quote name='thorbahn3']There is a rafting arcade game just like the one you requested, Too bad it sucks... pretty much like how every rafting game would when you take out the danger and getting wet elements.[/QUOTE]

i have played that too.. it needs to have a water thing on it.. it was like rowing with no benefits.. (i like the cagcasts.. they don't suck.. but if there is a pony one.. i don't know)_

So we should kiss your ass in hopes of getting a good cagcast and that you two will have differing opinions?

In all fairness to Cheapy and Wombat, the show is VERY draining. I'm amazed that they were even able to pull off the second day.

If you guys decide to do this again next year then I'd suggest bringing in some additional help. E3 is way too much for one man to cover on his own. You can certainly count on me. My voice may not be as sultry as Cheapy's but I certainly have other skills that could be useful. I'm lethal with an internet connection and laptop! :D

[quote name='thorbahn3']There is a rafting arcade game just like the one you requested, Too bad it sucks... pretty much like how every rafting game would when you take out the danger and getting wet elements.[/QUOTE]

There's that one at DisneyQuest in Orlando where you sit in an actual inflatable raft on hydraulics and it sprays you with water and you paddle through a virtual dinosaur park. It's not half bad. Other than that, I don't know what to tell ya.

For all you haters: I covered E3 for three years and it is EXHAUSTING. You literally walk miles and miles each day between all the halls and it's nonstop sensory overload. In the evening you have more events or dinner with colleagues and at the end of the day you go back to a crappy motel before doing it all over again. During the whole thing you're writing down everything you can and filing online reports. I'm frankly amazed that the fellas put together three relatively coherent podcasts covering the show, two of them as it was going on. Yeah, the second one was somewhat less than coherent, but it was still interesting and informative and pretty damn funny (if intentionally so, in parts).

Hey Cheapy: Could you perhaps post a picture or link to the DS Lite case you got at the Nintendo press conference?

bread's done
Back