Deal Pass Thread - How to get 20% off of gift cards

simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi Guys,
There use to be a forum on FW about this, but they shut it down because people were spamming referrals. (or at least that is the excuse that they used..)

I am in 3 of their programs, Todays Escape (Basically for the Gas Cards), Shopping Essentials and Passport to Fun.

Here is how the programs work. You buy a GC from them at face value. At the end of the month, they credit back 20% of the value to your credit card.
For example: I bought a $25 Target Gift Card on April 27. A $25 fee hits my credit card of April 28. On May 1, a credit of $5 is applied to my credit card.

The normal membership fee is either $14.95 or $19.95 a month. (I have signed up for a year at $19.95 total for 2 of them, $20.95 for the other.)

Each of the 3 offers come with a $25 gift Card if you fill out a survey form.

Shipping is free. Typically it takes 5 business days to get your cards, but other times they send out DHL 2nd Day air. I can not figure this one out, but it seems to be based upon how big your order is. I have been pleasantly surprised by the shipping service.

Next post I will show who is offered for each program.
The 3rd Post will show how to sign up.

Thanks,
Matthew
[email protected]
p.s. Moderators - I would like for this thread to stay up. I will remove any information that you find to be against CAG policies.

Credit goes to Montried from FW. I cleaned up and edited his post, but this is basically his work.

Passport to Fun

A&W Restaurants
Amazon.com Gift Certificates
AMC Theatres
Babies''R''Us
Bahama Breeze
Baja Fresh
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Bennigan's Grill & Tavern
Blockbuster
Bonanza Steakhouse
Borders Books and Music
Brunswick Bowling
Burger King
Cinemark
Circuit City
Crown Theatres
D'Angelo Sandwich Shops
Hard Rock Cafe
iTunes
KB Toys
KFC
Kmart
Loews/Cineplex Odeon/Magic Johnson/Star Theatres
Media Play
Mrs. Fields
National Amusements/ Multiplex
Olive Garden
Outback Steakhouse
Papa Gino's
Pizza Hut
Planet Hollywood
Ponderosa Steakhouse
Red Lobster
Regal Entertainment Group (Regal, Edwards, Signature & United Artists)
Ritz Camera/Wolf Camera
Sam Goody
Sears
Smokey Bones Barbeque and Grill
Steak and Ale
Suncoast
Target
The Sharper Image
Toys''R''Us
Waldenbooks
Wendy's
Also has discounted Tickets to some amusement parks, but you can get a better deal by going to a Travel Agent or your County's Parks and Recreation office.

Today's Escape
- Note - The gas Cards are ONLY 5 a month total. You can not get 5 Shell and 5 Sunoco. You can only get 5 TOTAL a month.

5% Travel Rebate - This is 5% rebate of basically your hotel and airline travel.
A&W Restaurants
AMC Theatres
Bahama Breeze
Baja Fresh
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Bass Pro Shops
Bennigan's Grill & Tavern
Best Western
Bonanza Steakhouse
Borders Books and Music
Burger King
Cinemark
Crown Theatres
Cruise America
D'Angelo Sandwich Shops
eBags.com
Gart Sports
Hard Rock Cafe
iTunes
KFC
Kmart
Lands' End
Loews/Cineplex Odeon/Magic Johnson/Star Theatres
Mrs. Fields
National Amusements/ Multiplex
Olive Garden
Orvis
Oshman's
Outback Steakhouse
Panera Bread
Papa Gino's
Pizza Hut
Planet Hollywood
Ponderosa Steakhouse
Red Lobster
Regal Entertainment Group (Regal, Edwards, Signature & United Artists)
Ritz Camera / Wolf Camera
Samsonite
Shell
Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill
Spa Finder
Speedway SuperAmerica
Sportmart
Steak and Ale
Sunglass Hut
Sunoco
The Sports Authority
Timberland
Waldenbooks
Wendy's
They also offer various hotel and amusement parks, but they are not gift cards. (And I do not believe they are that great of a price.)
They also offer various travelling helps, but I think they are of limited use.

Shopping Essentials

1-800-Flowers.COM
A Pea in the Pod
Ala Zing
Almond Plaza
American Eagle Outfitters
Ashford.com
Babies''R''Us
Bare Necessities
Bath & Body Works
Borders Books and Music
Circuit City
CVS
Diamond.com
Dillard's
Dress Barn
eBags.com
Eyewear Network
Foot Locker
FragranceNet
FTD.com
GAP
Gart Sports
Goody's
Harry and David
Hickory Farms
HomeGoods
Jackson & Perkins
JCPenney
JewelryNetwork.com
KB Toys
Kmart
Kohl's
Lands' End
Lillian Vernon
Linens 'n Things
Lowe's
Macy's
Marshall Field's
Marshalls
MasterCuts $2 haircut coupon
MasterCuts $3 senior coupon
MasterCuts product coupon
MasterCuts senior shampoo coupon
Media Play
Mimi Maternity
Motherhood Maternity
Old Navy
Oshman's
Pfaelzer Brothers
Regis Salon Gift Card
Regis Salons
Sally Beauty Supply
Sam Goody
Samsonite
Sears
SharperImage.com
Shoebuy.comTM
SmartStyle
SonyAwards
Sportmart
StacksandStacks.com
SuncoastSM
T.J. Maxx
TextbookX.com
The Sharper Image
The Sports Authority
Timberland
Toys''R''Us
Trade Secret/Beauty Express
Waldenbooks
Walgreens
Watch Station
Workout Warehouse
WorldofWatches.com

I will update this as I see changes.
Thanks guys,
Matthew

Hi Guys,

Here is some more info that I took from Montried on FW. I do not agree with all of his statments, but it is information, and you can use it to make a more informed decision. About the spam - I have not received ANY spam from deal pass or freeipod. But, I would expect them to spam. I would provide an email that has an automatic spam filter. (Gmail or the like.)

Tricks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- many dialups/DSL has Dealpass has 'value added programs'. Call them up and ask for it. I just got off the phone with AOL and they sent me to Shopping Essentials
- Vacation rental on Travelocity was followed by the Passport to Fun offer + $20 travel rebate

- Find affiliate links that will work. Most commonly they are found as value-added sales from large online e-tailers (eg: VistaPrint, Linens-N-Things, Snapfish, and VictoriaSecret). Other places commonly offered after calling your credit card company, AOL, DISH/Cable, or cell phone company (value added program offers). The final option is to use google and search for the program that you desire. Occasionally you will find official sponsored links on a sidebar or at the top, or look at the results for what appear to be link farms and sign up there.

- Find 'free item' sites and signup YOURSELF for these sites with the purpose of gaining the link, not gaining the referral credit. Signup to these sites using a bogus email to prevent SPAMMING. Look for the programs offering "FREE $25 Gift Card", usually to Lowe's or WalMart. These are links that will bring you to a dealpass program
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how you can sign up for the programs: (I used the freeipod.com link)
Here are the 2 links. The first is a referral back to me. The 2nd is going straight through freeipod without any referral. I do not care which program you use. I will gladly take down the referral link if it is a problem.

1. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=28936293
2. www.freeipods.com
3. https://www.membershipme.com/savings.asp?ID=yfdptawal003 - Just Passport to Fun

There may be ones offered on membershipme.com I was told by a Dealpass rep that Membershipme continually rotates their Deal Pass offers.

Here is the different offers:

Today's Escape: With either choice, after you log in or register, scroll down on the offers until you see "Get a Free $25 KMart Git Card. Try a Free 7 day Today's Escape membership and get a free $25 gift card...."

Passport to Fun: Same as TE. Scroll down until you find this text: "Try the Connections Entertainment Servicefor $1.00 for 7 days and receive a $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card. Save at movie theatres, restaurants, theme parks and top retailers with Passport to Fun"

Shopping Essentials: After you sign up for either offer, you will be offered the choice to also sign up for Shopping Essentials.

A couple of other things that may be of interest to you -
1. It may be possible to get a year for $19.95 +$1. Here is how it works:
Call the respective numbers for your program (will be listed in your confirmation e-mail, which may take 3-6 hours to arrive). Ignore the first "sales pitch" (it's all automated, don't worry). Press "1" for your account, then Press "2" to access your account by phone number. Enter your phone number, then press "#". Follow the prompt to cancel your account, listen carefully and you will be offered the opportunity to change from monthly billings to one-year of the program for just $19.95. You MUST wait until you receive your confirmation e-mail to complete this step!

With all 3 of my programs I did this and was able to get them for $19.95. Both of these programs I was able to get for $19.95 a year - and it automatically cancels at the end of the year. The extra $1 is the "trial fee." (The extra $1 was only charged for Passport to Fun.)

A couple of other notes as a caution -
1. I save the receipts of everything that I buy. I also keep close tabs on my credit card to make sure everything shows up properly. I have not had a problem, but I am being careful.

If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I would love to help in any way that I can.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
matthew

bread's done
Back