ESPN NHL and NBA 2K5 also only $20!

About time...they left us all wondering long enough. On another note, Does anyone know if they'll be making a college basketball game this year? I know last year's versions didn't exactly leap off the shelves, but at $20 they'll likely get more sales.

Who else here is going with the espn sports lineups for every sport (basketball, football, hockey, baseball). Hell espn basketball beats live anyday. As far as hockey and baseball, I'm not a fan of either sport, but I'll throw down $20 for each.

i got that college bball for 14.99 at best buy during the clearence sale. it wasnt on clearence, but it was mega fresh. my brother just called me (let him borrow it) for the fourht time today to tell me he beat maryland. hes using lasalle and has quickly run up in the ranks in his third season in a week. that dude is rabid for it.

im not sure if they are making one this year but im dissapointed they arent making a college football. i loved the DC verson and it woudl be cool to be able to bring guys up.

but the hockey is going to be sick. im excited as exctied gets, this month ive run my XBL record on all star settings to 18-5-ranked 11th. cant wait for a cheapass hockey leauge.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Who else here is going with the espn sports lineups for every sport (basketball, football, hockey, baseball). Hell espn basketball beats live anyday. As far as hockey and baseball, I'm not a fan of either sport, but I'll throw down $20 for each.[/quote]

I've been doing that since 1999.

They are making a college basketball game this year, but the price on EBGames.com is still $50. I wouldn't be suprised if they change it to $20 soon.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Nice, I will definitely be getting both of these as well.[/quote]

Woohoo go Udon Studios! I mean ESPN games!

As a huge sports gamer, this is huge news to me. I usually get all of their sports games at 50 bucks every year as it is. However, I expect for EA Sports to make a price cut or something intriguing to not lose a lot of customers. Even if they (EA) drop the price of their games to 30 bucks, at least it's something. They must make it worth are while though when we can pick up equally good sports titles for 20 bucks.

I'll probably only get NBA 2005. I'm not a huge hockey fan and I'm sticking with Madden again this year (although if ESPN improves just a little more I may make the jump next year).

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']Its fun to think about the meetings at EA that are going on right now. It will be interesting to see if they also make cuts.[/quote]

Hopefully it'll be about them revamping their graphics engines ... UGLY.

I know it's not just me that thinks that. I know gameplay makes great games, but come one, you'd think with all those millions of copies of Live and Madden sold, they'd do something to make their player models a LITTLE more realistic.

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like Gamespot is getting their news from CAG:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/20/news_6103052.html

Come on Mr. Tor Thorsen , how about a CAG mention as a news source?
I'm pretty sure they got the NFL 2k5 price drop from here too.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
8-[[/quote]

You give the gaming media waaaaaaay too much credit if you think they would actually give another source credit for anything.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Who is on the cover of NHL 2K5?...

Does anyone know who will be on the cover of NBA 2K5?...
[/quote]

they announced the hockey one...but i forgot the dudes name

as far as nba and mlb, it will probably be allen iverson and jason giambi...even though pedro was much better. i still think as far as cover athletes MVP 2004 wins with Pujols.

This is a great marketing plan by Sega and Take Two. I mean you cant beat brand new sports games for 20 that are as good as Sega's. Now I can get rid of NFL, NBA, and NHL 2K3 even though they arent worth much. Only if Sega could make a college football game like EA.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Now I need more Coke codes to get NHL for $10. Sweetness.[/quote]

that's a good deal, but you have to wait until november until nhl 2k5 becomes eligible for that promotion. is $10 off really worth the 2 month wait?

That is Hart Trophy winner Martin St. Louis of the Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning on the cover.

[quote name='merlin48'][quote name='CheapyD']Looks like Gamespot is getting their news from CAG:

8-[[/quote]

You give the gaming media waaaaaaay too much credit if you think they would actually give another source credit for anything.[/quote]

Psch. eToychest does it. ;)

[quote name='merlin48'][quote name='CheapyD']Looks like Gamespot is getting their news from CAG:

8-[[/quote]

You give the gaming media waaaaaaay too much credit if you think they would actually give another source credit for anything.[/quote]

It's standard to only credit sources that have exclusive content. For something like EBgames prices that any Joe Schmoe can check themselves, you're giving CAG way too much credit if you think you're the first ones to see this.

We put up a story as well: http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/7221/

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='merlin48'][quote name='CheapyD']Looks like Gamespot is getting their news from CAG:

8-[[/quote]

It's standard to only credit sources that have exclusive content. For something like EBgames prices that any Joe Schmoe can check themselves, you're giving CAG way too much credit if you think you're the first ones to see this.

We put up a story as well: http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/7221/[/quote]

If Tor or any writer learns of a breaking gaming news story from CAG (or any source), I feel they should give credit. Yes, any Joe Schmoe can discover a story. In this case, his name is Togepy, not Tor. Unless Togepy and Tor are the same person.

Topegy, is your real name Tor Thorsen?

Definitely going with NBA2K5 at that price and I usually don't buy sports games but I liked Sega's Basketball and if a college Basketball is offered I might buy that too.
Also ya'll want to talk about features look at EGM's article on ESPN VS. Madden. Ignore all the fellatio EGM pays to Madden and look at the online column. Sega Sports supports more people online even. You're pathetic you know that EA? Lazy people. shakes head.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='merlin48'][quote name='CheapyD']Looks like Gamespot is getting their news from CAG:

8-[[/quote]

If Tor or any writer learns of a breaking gaming news story from CAG (or any source), I feel they should give credit. Yes, any Joe Schmoe can discover a story. In this case, his name is Togepy, not Tor. Unless Togepy and Tor are the same person.

Topegy, is your real name Tor Thorsen?[/quote]

Yes, I suppose. There's a difference between what should be done and what reality is though. It's really tough to credit something as simple as a price check

Plus, you have no idea the GS guy found out the price from CAG. I found the price drop by browsing through EBgames compiling a list of 2004 releases I'm anticipating. Again, we go back to the issue of open sources. There's not much point in crediting someone with a "discovery" when it's out there for everyone to see.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='merlin48'][quote name='CheapyD']Looks like Gamespot is getting their news from CAG:

8-[[/quote]

Topegy, is your real name Tor Thorsen?[/quote]

No it's not, but I did also put this up on a site I am staff at named OCGN.com. So if you see it there without credit, you know because it's from me. I do agree that if the writer from Gamespot saw it here, he should at least mention this site.

[quote name='Togepy']I do agree that if the writer from Gamespot saw it here, he should at least mention this site.[/quote]

That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, on to more important things....I will definitely buy NHL 2k5, probably for both PS2 & Xbox. I may even get NBA 2k5, just because its $20 and I want to support cheap games.

I would like to get an online CAG NHL league going. In fact, I'm really looking forward to it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Now I need more Coke codes to get NHL for $10. Sweetness.[/quote]

cocaine.jpg

There you go.
Ohhh. Coke *codes*...

Anyone else find it odd that EB gives Sega of America publisher credits for these ESPN games, but it's actually thanks to Take-Two that we can get them at such good prices.

Wonder if they're going to put Chauncey or Ben on the cover of the NBA game since they have a Tampa Bay player on the NHL box.

Can you use the Coke code offer more than once? I mean I have a $10 certificate, ready to use but if I get one title and get 10 more Coke caps, can I do it again? Regardless, I'm willing to do my duty as a consumer to establish that the $19.99 price point is a valid and profitable volume sale strategy for video games. Be gone the days of $49.99 price tags... be gone... usher in the new era of $29.99 and $19.99 games.

bread's done
Back