14 (100%)
Pictures taken Friday afternoon.

Click the thumbnails for a larger image

Digg it!

Too Human

Viva Pinata

Totem Balls

Sonic the Hedgehog

Edit: Disregard the below text, pictures have been found and my reputation is saved.

Remember when I forgot to turn on the microphone during an impromptu interview with Reggie Fils-Aime?
Well, now I shall be known as the guy who forgot to save the pictures on his fancy Japanese phone camera.

I "had" pictures of Miyamoto-san checking out Too Human, Sonic, Viva Pinata, and Totem Balls at the Microsoft Booth on Friday afternoon.

Aw, I would have loved to see those photos...

I actually got the chance to meet Miyamoto yesterday, and he signed my cartridges for Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario World! What's funny to me is that the man's a legend but he genuinely seems perplexed by all the attention and affection people shower on him. Still, he's very friendly about greeting people and giving autographs. I had to make sure to keep my games hidden deep in my bag afterwards -- lots of grubby fanboy hands trying to take them!

[quote name='rapsodist']Aw, I would have loved to see those photos...

I actually got the chance to meet Miyamoto yesterday, and he signed my cartridges for Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario World! What's funny to me is that the man's a legend but he genuinely seems perplexed by all the attention and affection people shower on him. Still, he's very friendly about greeting people and giving autographs. I had to make sure to keep my games hidden deep in my bag afterwards -- lots of grubby fanboy hands trying to take them![/QUOTE]

That just makes me respect him even more.

Of course. If anyone had made me guess which games he'd be looking at, Too Human, Viva Pinata, and Sonic all make perfect sense, since he's worked closely with those developers in the past. So he's basically checking up to see how his friends are doing .... how cute.

Go Shiggy!

I think it is pretty cool though, I mean you dont see it every day. It is alot like, this is the weirdest console war ever.

Sony vs. Microsoft... and Nintendo is in the middle with both manufactures recommending to buy Nintendo. So what happens when every Xbox 360 and PS3 owner owns a Wii?

[quote name='cochesecochese']That's rad. But...what's with the headsets?[/quote]

I'd imagine they're for japanese translations.

[quote name='cochesecochese']That's rad. But...what's with the headsets?[/quote]Miyamoto and his posse have a translator.

Cool. I like how Shigs can just roll into the competition's booth with his entourage and check things out. I think Cheapy's pics were pilfered by Engadget and other sites already.

[quote name='Vinny']I wonder if MS treated him nice or if he had to go through all the lines and crap like everyone else...:whistle2:k[/quote]
Do you think any gamer or game developer would make Shiggy wait in line?

[quote name='CheapyD']Miyamoto and his posse have a translator.[/QUOTE]

Thats not just any translator, thats Bill Trinnen, head of the localization department. Thanks to him, a lot of the japanese humor is carried over to the states.

Nicko

bread's done
Back