SMMM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
The light gun won't register on my new Toshiba =(

Also, I get an annoying yellow bar on the left in SMB3 =( =(

[quote name='SMMM']The light gun won't register on my new Toshiba =(

Also, I get an annoying yellow bar on the left in SMB3 =( =([/QUOTE]

Light guns typicially don't work on LCD, Plasma, projection or basically any 100hz TVs.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Light guns only work on CRT (tube) TV's. Plasma & LCD's will not work.[/QUOTE]

Thus creates the problem- is it your TV making the light gun fail, or is the gun busted?

This may sound dumb, but you are plugging it into the 2nd controller slot right? I recently picked up Duck Hunt for my wife after not using my light gun for over 10 years. We thought the gun was broken until I finally remembered to plug it into slot 2 instead of slot 1.

I went to EB looking for Timecrisis or something and the guy started talking about how the light gun takes a picture of the screen and if the screen is too big, it won't work well...So that could be it

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I went to EB looking for Timecrisis or something and the guy started talking about how the light gun takes a picture of the screen and if the screen is too big, it won't work well...So that could be it[/QUOTE]
The NES uses a different system, where the screen flashes white where the duck is. Thus, if you get enough white light into the gun, it'll register as a hit.

Light gun games won't work on HD TVs, if I recall correctly. They work by reading scanlines, so if your new toshiba is a HD set, that is probably why it isn't working

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Thus creates the problem- is it your TV making the light gun fail, or is the gun busted?[/quote]
The gun was designed for CRT/Tube Tv's in mind. There are new ones specifically designed for LCD's and the like, but I think you actually have to attach a 'rail of sorts to left and top sides.

http://www.act-labs.com/products/gun1.htm
(See SENGITAL GUN section: Note this is only PC)

[quote name='Kayden']Time Crisis worked on my old 52" rear projection- but that wasnt HD.[/QUOTE]
Your projection TV actually is a CRT at its core. It uses a super-bright, smaller CRT that is focused and reflected through a prismatic mirror system similar to the top part of an overhead transparency projector.

[quote name='okto']Your projection TV actually is a CRT at its core. It uses a super-bright, smaller CRT that is focused and reflected through a prismatic mirror system similar to the top part of an overhead transparency projector.[/quote]

Oh...
4490722_200X150.jpg

:lol:

bread's done
Back