- - - - -

New Guitar Hero 3rd party controller?

#1 kevzik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2883 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:16 AM

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was searching ebay for a replacement controller and found this
http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

Its called "Shredder"

Anyone have a review on this? Is it new? 3rd party? I am thinking aobut picking one up, looks cool imo and seems like it would work fine.

So, what do you think?

#2 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:23 AM

Hope this isn't considered a threadjack (as I don't know anything about your link/question, OP) but I saw Best Buy was selling just the Guitar Hero controller instore the other day. I don't know how much it costs or anything, but doesn't seem like anyone else has said anything about it.

Just a thought.

//covert tagging of thread in progress...

#3 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2629 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:29 AM

Looks like it's definately a nice alternative, makes me wonder if they'll choose to redesign the Guitar Hero controller for the sequal.

If anybody has anything to say about this, I'm considering getting it since I have yet to pick up a second controller.

#4 kevzik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2883 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:30 AM

Its fine, those are 39.99 I believe. Anyway, check out what I found:

http://forum.guitarh...?g=posts&t=2929

A full review on it with actual pics.

I never knew there was a forum dedicated to GH...wow.

#5 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:31 AM

Its fine, those are 39.99 I believe. Anyway, check out what I found:

http://forum.guitarh...?g=posts&t=2929

A full review on it with actual pics.

I never knew there was a forum dedicated to GH...wow.

Oh come now! Can you really trust a 7 year old girl for your Guitar Hero shredding needs? I think not!

:)

#6 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67523 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:45 AM

Looks like it's definately a nice alternative, makes me wonder if they'll choose to redesign the Guitar Hero controller for the sequal.

If anybody has anything to say about this, I'm considering getting it since I have yet to pick up a second controller.

There should be, just from the boxart for the game, or maybe just a new controller, at E3:

Posted Image

There were also some other styles, such as all black that looked cool. Some of the demo guitars had actual leather shoulder straps, which was cool.

#7 DT778   number 1 on the westside CAGiversary!   10546 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

same shape, maybe new colors

I need to pick up a guitar since my friend gave me his guitar hero game. I was thinking of getting this one but I'm not sure if I like the look of it.

#8 asianxcore   ...to the moon CAGiversary!   6077 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

that Cherry Red SG guitar has been available for a little while. it was $39.99 and was sold without game only. I have only seen it at the Sony Store in San Francisco and for a small time it was available through the Red Octane store.

I'm not sure if it is OOP (as many Ebay sellers say it is), but I haven't seen any since.

#9 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

Best Buy dude told me its 29.99 for the controller only.