Flood Pictures from Peabody, MA

I was late for my final today due to that flood. It didn't really matter since I have an A in the course as long as I get a 70 on it (so rushing wasn't an issue), but still. The whole of downtown peabody was closed. I had to turn around and go about 10 minutes out of my way. Then on my way home I had to go to andover. I couldn't go down 114 due to a police roadblock. The thing that killed me was I could see the other side 20 feet away, with the cars on the other side turning around just like my side was doing. But I had no way of getting there, and there didn't seem to be any roads connecting it. I then tried going down route 1 yet that was closed right past the circuit city in danvers. I had to sit in about 15-20 minutes of traffic to get off route 1 though.

When I finally got to andover I found another area flooded, but luckily someone decided to just run over the cones and no cops where around. Everyone was just driving through the flooded bridge, which the river was just flowing straight over.

I almost had another run in with a flooded area, but the roadblock was exactly at the point I was going to, so I didn't have to pass it.

Oh ya, and water got into my kitchen, the basement and some of my carpet. Least it's just wet though and coming through leaks, no actual flooding like some areas.

edit: Anyone see the in ground pool that was pushed completely above ground by the water? Or the boats they were using to evacuate homes in methuen?

This is like 10 min away from my hometown, Saugus, MA. Apparently all of Route 1, a major shopping area as well as a very important highway, is closed till tomorrow morning. Freaking crazy. My dad's flight from Pittsburgh to home in Providence has been delayed all day as well.

bread's done
Back