Mario dixie cups!

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Growing up I used to always buy those dixie cups with cartoons on them. Today I was going through the cabinet in the bathroom and found these way in the back. They say they were made in 1990, when I was still living in my old house. Suprised they made the trip. There were originally 100 in the box, though I'd guess it's closer to 70 now. Oddly, there was 1 wizard of oz dixie cup in there as well. It felt strange to go into my bathroom and walk out with a 16 year old piece of my childhood.

Now I wish I just had a mario dixie cup dispenser. According to the box there were 3 designs and they were only 2.99, and that included shipping and handling.

Anyone remember these?

dscn26655nr.jpg

yes !! i used to have those..i remember there was also super mario bros soda , canned, i had a bunch of those..and super mario shampoo and conditioner...in a small bottle that had mario in a bathtub, it was a mr bubble product

Did you know:

Back in the 90's, someone ran a poll with American children, and most said that Mario was more recognizable than even Mickey Mouse.

THE DOLL! I remember I had that thing WITH the hat! Plus I had all the McDonalds toys except for the Goomba. I remember the soda, but for some reason the Princess Peach soda stands out in my memory more than the others.

I used to have though. In fact I was a sucker for any type of themed dixie cup.

I used to own a ton of Mario crap. Just the other day I found a Mario sleeping bag in my basement, which I never even used.

I remember cartoon dixie cups, and these Mario ones look very familiar. I really miss the whole 80's Nintendo thing, merchandise everywhere.

I remember those cups. I also remember that Mario soda. The only flavor I tried was the Yoshi green apple. I thought it was disgusting! The only thing I have from that web page is the Mario Happy Meal toys.

I had the happy meal toys, or at least the goomba. I probably had others but only remember that.

I may still have them. The fact that they were nintendo things may have stopped my mother from throwing them out.

Fairly certain I still have the McD's Koopa toy. Guess I'll be rummaging for that sometime this week.

I did find a Mario folder in one of my old boxes of school stuff. Think I was in 3rd grade. Wish I hadn't doodled on (and in) it. I had the Zelda/Mario one too, but that one is lost to time.

[quote name='Cambot']Did you know:

Back in the 90's, someone ran a poll with American children, and most said that Mario was more recognizable than even Mickey Mouse.[/QUOTE]

That doesnt surprise me...but did you ever feel that marios voice sounds like mickey mouse?

While were on the subject of obscure mario items...This is from 1990. Unopened.
i found it at a flea market last summer for a quarter. I love the afro mario and the one taking a bath with his clothes on.

IMGP0866.jpg

I keep telling my girlfriend we need Dixie cups. I wonder if they currently make any remotely near the coolness of Mario ones.

I've got the mario/Zelda blanket (Although granted, the one I have is worn out to the point of being unuseable.)

I used to have Mario-themed stickers on my bed I got from the Dentist- like, Mario standing on a giant tooth holding a toothbrush. I wish I'd tried to save those when I got rid of that bedframe...

I had Mario and Luigi dolls a LONG time ago - Mario was the small one and I had rescued him from an antique shop (my first CAG find! ha!), and a big ol' Luigi came from a crane machine before crane machines started to suck.

I wish I still had them, but my plushie Mario Bros. met an unfortunate end in a storage shed fire, because SOMEONE thought I didn't want them anymore... gah!

/I want Mario plushies...

bread's done
Back