Lego Store in Pleasanton is closing...

Xevious

CAGiversary!
I got this off of fatwallet. Its a little far away for me but maybe someone else might find this interesting

------------------------------------------

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here are their flyers posted at the store:

===========================================================
Attention Loyal LEGO Customers

As you know, LEGO in the Stoneridge Mall is closing its doors. The final discounts are as follows:

Toys on the wall are 30% off (play sets)
The Pick-A-Brick wall is 50% off (sold in two sizes: sm $6.9X ori., lg $12.9X ori.)
All toys in the center are 70% off (LEGO costumes...etc)

I saw the LEGO Star Wars PS2 and Xbox game too, but I didn't check out how much they are...(sorry!)

To Our Loyal Customers:

Thank you for shopping at the LEGO Store. This location will be closing on or before May 31st. Please visit another store location near you and bring your receipt and receive double Loyalty Card stamps for all purchases made from this location between April 25th and Store Closing Date

Offer Valid until July 31st 2006
[/FONT]

The one at the Solomon Pond Mall in Marlborough, MA is also closing. Same discounts.

Interesting, I wonder if Lego is having financial troubles.

[quote name='moiety']The one at the Solomon Pond Mall in Marlborough, MA is also closing. Same discounts.

Interesting, I wonder if Lego is having financial troubles.[/QUOTE]

Do they have a lot left or is it emptyish?

And Lego Stores are doing fine, only 4 of the Lego stores nationwide are closing.

Plus all the MA ones are within 25 miles of each other.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wow. Anyone know how long they were open for? I've only went there once, right before Christmas. It was a pretty cool place.[/quote]

They're cool stores, but
1) The prices are all retail
2) The loose bricks in the bin are ridiculously expensive

The only thing the stores really have going for them is selection and the cool atmosphere. That counts for something, but can't be good for business in the long run.

I don't think Lego as a whole is in financial trouble, and it looks like only some stores are closing, but it's pretty bad when you can find more value at a Playmobil store.

They have Playmobil Stores?

Lego has come out and said that the Lego Stores are making money and are doing rather well. The problem was the four-5 five they are closing were making the least ammounts of money and that brings the earnings of all the stores down. Plus last year they opened another Store in Mass about 20 miles, maybe away from the one they are closing.

bread's done
Back