Pat Robertson gets lazy, predicts there will be storms this year

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
VIRGINIA BEACH — Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson is warning that, according to God, storms and possibly a tidal wave will pound America’s coastline this year.

Robertson raised the forecasts at least four times in the past two weeks on “The 700 Club,” the TV show produced by the Christian Broadcasting Network in Virginia Beach. He founded CBN and hosts the program.

Robertson took credit in 1985 for praying Hurricane Gloria away from Virginia, a claim that earned him international attention. He said the revelations about this year’s weather came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

“If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms,” Robertson said May 8. Today, he added, “there well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest.”
Widespread natural disasters, as well as conflict in the Middle East, are seen by many Pentecostals and charismatic Christians like Robertson as biblically decreed harbingers of the “end times.”

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=104595&ran=239726&tref=po

So all he has to do to be right is for multiple storms to hit the coastline? Gee, that's a stretch :roll: .

I guess he realizes his predictions are usually wrong, so he decided to make a more general one. That's probably why he added the "may" happen part to the tidal wave, since those aren't as common.

Let me guess there will be storms because God is not pleased with gay marriages and the overabundance of life still remaining in a certain Venezuelan leader?

[quote name='Maklershed']Let me guess there will be storms because God is not pleased with gay marriages and the overabundance of life still remaining in a certain Venezuelan leader?[/QUOTE]

No, God is doing it to cleanse us of illegal immigrants.

I predict religious fanatics will make inane predicitions thusly signalling religion is a fucking waste of brain power.

bread's done
Back