Tallahassee CAGs

I'm in Tallahassee.

Darth: Nothing too special here. There's a few EB's, one Gamestop, a few Wal-Marts, a Sears, Best Buy, Circuit City, a place called Games4Less whose prices are no less than anywhere else...

The EB's are fine here, the Gamestop seems to have friendly employees. As always, Wal-mart seems to have things in stock that noone else does. Sears sucks, K-mart is TERRIBLE (if there is even a sale posted on the deal forums for K-Mart, i say don't bother checking the Tallahassee one.), Best Buy is okay, Circuit City is great (in my experience).

Tallahassee's not the greatest place for video games, but whatever.

Yeah the CC is pretty good, I was in there yesterday to pick up NSMB. Its never that busy and they always seem to have stuff in stock. I was surprised that I got the second to last NSMB there.

[quote name='gofishn']Yeah the CC is pretty good, I was in there yesterday to pick up NSMB. Its never that busy and they always seem to have stuff in stock. I was surprised that I got the second to last NSMB there.[/QUOTE]
Awesome - I got the third to last one, at around 4:30 PMish. I presume you were there soon thereafter?

I left Tallahassee almost a year ago now... wow was it really that long ago? I enjoyed my time there. Found plenty of good deals. Keep your eye on the EBGames, I usually went to the one on Ocala road (Closest to my house). And if you want to rent from BB, go to the one on Monroe as the one next to campus on Tennessee is always out of everything. Enjoy FSU, I know I did.

Yep, Sartori, Yeldarb, Suko_32 and I are also Tallahassee CAGers.

We used to get together and have pizza about a year and a half back but it sort of fell apart. Anybody feel like getting together again, let me know...

We're always up for some Smash Brothers and Mario Party...

Or Battlefront 2...

I live in Tally too. I agree with the Gamers4Less, he is a ripoff and has the same stuff in both stores. I use to go to local Blockbusters and get them to pull stuff off their shelves and sell for about $12.99, plus they always have the B2G1 deal. It's hard to this anymore since now they send back their overflow of games to headquarters. Let me know if there any deals out.

I'm wondering if anyone in Tally has ever had any luck scoring deals at the Pawn shops around here? I'd love to go around looking, but there are about 1,000,000 pawn shops in tallahassee, and I'd like to know which ones to scope out.

I've never checked myself but I've wanted to ever since I moved up here. I want to check out garage sales too but I have this problem with getting up early on the weekends.

[quote name='gofishn']I've never checked myself but I've wanted to ever since I moved up here. I want to check out garage sales too but I have this problem with getting up early on the weekends.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Agreed. Plus, I've never found anything good at a garage sale, so I've kind of stopped going to them.

I would be up for some Mario Party or Super Smash someday. I'll be here during the summers since I now go to UF for college. I'm taking a summer class at FAMU since I missed FSU's registration deadline.

My neighborhood doesn't really have garage sales like my old one back then.

[quote name='suko_32']I would be up for some Mario Party or Super Smash someday. I'll be here during the summers since I now go to UF for college. I'm taking a summer class at FAMU since I missed FSU's registration deadline.

My neighborhood doesn't really have garage sales like my old one back then.[/QUOTE]

You went from FSU to UF? You turncoat! J/K, but yeah I'll be up here until the end of next month when summer school ends, then going back home to Ft. Lauderdale for about a week, then up to Orlando for the rest of the summer for a clerkship.

[quote name='gofishn']You went from FSU to UF? You turncoat! J/K, but yeah I'll be up here until the end of next month when summer school ends, then going back home to Ft. Lauderdale for about a week, then up to Orlando for the rest of the summer for a clerkship.[/QUOTE]

Eh..kinda. I lived in Tallahassee for most of my life. I didn't choose to go to FSU for college though so I was never a student there. So yep, turncoat kinda lol.

Just got my Master's from FSU and I must say I am going to miss my pawn shops finds. For the 3 months I lived in Tally I got 2 complete Final Fantasy VIIs, Wanderers from Ys III, Super Smash Brothers Melee ($3) w box no manual, Gradius III & IV (.50 cents), Legacy of Galahad, to name a few. To make a long story short, Hit up the pawn shops (The Tharpe, N Monroe, to Tennessee Ave., loop will bring you to 7 decent pawn shops).

I just went to Circuit City and...

-There's 3 Dragon Qust VIII left
-tons of Half-Life 2 and Metroid Prime 2
-Saw path of neo's

and ask if you want to know. I wasn't really paying much attention since they were playing the theme to Kingdom Hearts II in the CD section with the music video (was the vocal version). I know, mind boggling since this was at CC.

Thanks for confirmation suko - will probably pick up PoN for $10.

And now that I have some confirmation that the pawn shops may be worth visiting, I'll probably make a loop sometime in June.

Much late, but I am a fellow Tallahasseean. Just recently became active on CAG again. Soo...hi! Heh. I found a new girlfriend a few weeks ago and she works at Toys r Us. She is a gamer and revealed to me that she tends to buy most of the penny guides there, grr! No wonder I have not found any in a long time. She won't share either, bah!

As for the comments about games4less, while they are no cheaper then anywhere else, its about the only place you can walk in and buy atari/nes/snes/genesis games save for your yard sales or pawn shops. You can find some rare items in there and old consoles. I picked up a Saturn from Games4Less and it works just fine. If they ever get another Jaguar or 3DO ill be all over it! :D

Thanks for bumping the thread. Spurred my memory.

I was down their last week. I ended up getting a new Electroplankton (apparently your EB/GS stores have them? I thought it was only available online, but maybe they are everywhere now) from the Governor's Square Gamestop, as well as Sonic Rush, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and Metroid Prime Pinball with B2G1 from the Tallahassee mall EB.

You guys seem to have a lot of preowned .hack episodes 2 and 3 for some reason.

[quote name='Inferno-X']As for the comments about games4less, while they are no cheaper then anywhere else, its about the only place you can walk in and buy atari/nes/snes/genesis games save for your yard sales or pawn shops. You can find some rare items in there and old consoles. I picked up a Saturn from Games4Less and it works just fine. If they ever get another Jaguar or 3DO ill be all over it! :D[/QUOTE]

Only game I ever bought at Games4Less: Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. Doesn't work. I finally looked inside the bottom of the cardtridge...40% of the metal connectors AREN'T THERE! So I ended up buying a copy off of ebay (which came with the manual too - awesome!), which HAS all the metal connectors, and works just fine. Blah.

[quote name='Z-Saber']You guys seem to have a lot of preowned .hack episodes 2 and 3 for some reason.[/QUOTE]
I can't speak for all of Tallahassee, but my school (Leon) has tons of strange Anime kids whom I wouldn't doubt would all buy .hack

...one of them is convinced he's half elf. Seriously. Ew.

The EB on Ocala and Tennessee was cleared out of pretty much any decent used 360 games during the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Oh well, I still got Oblivion which is the only reason I went in there in the first place. Also picked up Burnout Revenge and Condemned since I couldn't pass up the deal.

Since Im no longer in Tallahassee I guess I can tell everyone to go check all the Goodwills. I found a bunch of good deals at the Tallahassee ones (the one on Appalachee by CC is amazing, especially if you have a Saturn) and the one on Pensacola seemed to get good SNES games in a lot.

Anyone find anything good at the pawn shops recently in Tally? Im interested to see if anything good is popping up. I am coming back when my friend graduates FSU and I am trying to figure out if it worth my time to hit the pawn shop route when im there.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Thanks for bumping the thread. Spurred my memory.

I was down their last week. I ended up getting a new Electroplankton (apparently your EB/GS stores have them? I thought it was only available online, but maybe they are everywhere now) from the Governor's Square Gamestop, as well as Sonic Rush, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and Metroid Prime Pinball with B2G1 from the Tallahassee mall EB.

You guys seem to have a lot of preowned .hack episodes 2 and 3 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

So that's where the Sonic Rush went lol.

[quote name='suko_32']So that's where the Sonic Rush went lol.[/quote]
Hehe, sorry. If it's any consolation, the game is frustratingly hard.

If anyone goes down to the local CC, can you check to see if they have any of the following games? I'll be busy for the next few weeks, and really can't spare a trip to CC (20 minutes from my house) if I'm not actually going to buy anything.

Xbox:
Blitz the League
Matrix Path of Neo

DS:
Metroid Prime Pinball

GBA:
Drill Dozer
Wario Ware

PS2:
Super Monkey Ball DX

Thanks a lot. I'm going to be busy doing a play.

Argh, I was just in there two days ago before I knew about the sale. I'm pretty strapped for time right now since I have exams next week, but if I somehow make it out there I'll let you know.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']If anyone goes down to the local CC, can you check to see if they have any of the following games? I'll be busy for the next few weeks, and really can't spare a trip to CC (20 minutes from my house) if I'm not actually going to buy anything.

Xbox:
Blitz the League
Matrix Path of Neo

DS:
Metroid Prime Pinball

GBA:
Drill Dozer
Wario Ware

PS2:
Super Monkey Ball DX

Thanks a lot. I'm going to be busy doing a play.[/QUOTE]

I live a couple of blocks from the CC, just returned from there with Pirates!, DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2, and Mario Pinball. I know there are no Metroid Pinballs, it was on my list of things to get. No Wario Ware from what I can remember, no Blitz for any system.

There are a ton of Mario Party GBA's, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong. There is one Mario 2 left (gba), there is a copy of Legacy of Goku (doublepack), a Karaoke Revolution (ps2), couple Sigma Star Sagas, lots of Rogue Agents (ds), Madden 05 & 06 (ds). I think those are the most important ones. Any popular RPG's for any system are long gone. I had to buy Lunar and FF IV off of another CAG.

[quote name='Inferno-X']I live a couple of blocks from the CC, just returned from there with Pirates!, DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2, and Mario Pinball. I know there are no Metroid Pinballs, it was on my list of things to get. No Wario Ware from what I can remember, no Blitz for any system.

There are a ton of Mario Party GBA's, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong. There is one Mario 2 left (gba), there is a copy of Legacy of Goku (doublepack), a Karaoke Revolution (ps2), couple Sigma Star Sagas, lots of Rogue Agents (ds), Madden 05 & 06 (ds). I think those are the most important ones. Any popular RPG's for any system are long gone. I had to buy Lunar and FF IV off of another CAG.[/QUOTE]
Alright, thanks Inferno. I might pick up MvDK or Mario 2 (lost my cart...but still have the box!), and MAYBE madden 06 for DS, just because it's so cheap.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']If anyone goes down to the local CC, can you check to see if they have any of the following games? I'll be busy for the next few weeks, and really can't spare a trip to CC (20 minutes from my house) if I'm not actually going to buy anything.

Xbox:
Blitz the League
Matrix Path of Neo

DS:
Metroid Prime Pinball

GBA:
Drill Dozer
Wario Ware

PS2:
Super Monkey Ball DX

Thanks a lot. I'm going to be busy doing a play.[/QUOTE]

There is a bin near the edge of the gamecube section of old $9.99 games from the last sale so Blitz the League and PoN is probably there. There are no Metroid Pinballs, Drill Dozer, nor Wario Ware (I know it sucks). I did see like 2-3 Super Monkey Ball DS for PS2. I don't think our store had any Lunar DS's to begin with. I might swing by in 50 min to get Mario Pinball and Mario vs DK later. Anyone know if there is Pokemon Sapphire or Ruby, DK Country 2, or Halo Triple Pack (I doubt)?

Z-Saber, it's alright. You probably saved me some money anyway.

[quote name='suko_32']Will do, I know I saw one or more 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it hasn't been pulled or Fatwallet'd.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to FW, I'll be able to buy it on eBay for $24.99.

Okay I just went. To SilverPaw, there are 2 Blitz the League in the Xbox section near the PH titles and I didn't really look for Path of Neo (sorry) but I know there is the PS2 version.

Gofishn, there were no Triple Pack at CC. The only thing they had was that halo map thingy.

I got:
-Pac N Roll
-(2) Spider-Man 2 PSP
-Some basketball PSP game
-Mario vs DK
-Donkey Kong Country 2

Pretty much no more good games there. I wanted to pick up Metroid Zero cause I remember seeing two of them, but both gone. Also, super mario world for GBA wasn't there.

Whatever happened to Satori?

Also, does anyone know if you have to fill out that form when you want to keep your trade in credit on your card/reciept at Gamestop? There's a way around that form though.

This is kinda unrelated to deals, but I'd like to request help anyways.

If anyone HASN'T noticed already, Comcast RUNS Tallahassee. But my family and myself have fucking HAD it with their inconsistent performance, lousy reliability, and terrible customer service. Are there any alternatives?

I doubt there's anything that offers tv/internet in a package like they do, but is there even another highspeed internet provider (not DSL) in Tallahassee? Or another cable TV provider? We're ready to go satellite if NEED BE, but whenever I'm at a friend's with sattelite and the weather get's lousy...the tv becomes useless.

If we can't find anything else, I'll find the president of comcast and bitch slap him :)

bread's done
Back