Dead-Steambot Chronicles PS2 Preorder $37.99 Free Ship + more ok deals @ Outpost.com

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
No harmonica, but it looks like a good price (ebgames.com lists it at $49.99).

http://shop1.outpost.com/%7BGtn1VGylN1mLn3MQMVGDtbvMYx9vrFfzF0DTGdQm1nwLTYvvFJtc!700280871!723167418!1148055295320%7D/product/4732109?site=sa:Homepage:Spot2

Also:

Field Commander (PSP) $29.99 + Shipping: http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4511587

Rockstar Table Tennis (360) $29.99 + Shipping (mentioned in another thread): http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4792759

Superman Returns (360) $47.99 + Shipping: http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4789669

Edit: Steambot is back up to $49.99 (still free shipping, though). The other deals are all still in place, but not all that spectacular.

preordered steambot chronicles from outpost about 30 minutes ago as soon as i saw it drop to $37.99 :)
no tax, no shipping charge...can't beat that
bonuses are no big deal to me, especially since gamestop fucks them up half the time anyway.
i will take the $12 off instead :)

Vanilla Beans...? Garland Globetrotters..?

Not sure this is really my brand of humor.

I think I'll pass for now, seeing as how I still haven't opened Metal Saga, and SC seems like it's going to drop to $29.99 before too long.

Sadlly the demo gives a bad taste. I have an advanced review copy of the game and it's so-so... basiclly all the stuff not invlolving the story is pretty fun. The story drags ALOT, which slows the progress of everything else. It's going to be a love it or hate it game that plays out at an even slower pace than Animal Crossing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Sadlly the demo gives a bad taste. I have an advanced review copy of the game and it's so-so... basiclly all the stuff not invlolving the story is pretty fun. The story drags ALOT, which slows the progress of everything else. It's going to be a love it or hate it game that plays out at an even slower pace than Animal Crossing.[/QUOTE]

If the dialogue hasn't been fixed, it doesn't matter how good the other stuff is. That shit was some of the most stilted, un-natural, boring word-slinging I've ever seen. Even for a generic-ass JRPG. Urgh, just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

^Kuma, I got mine from GS. It was a preorder bonus for like...Metal Saga I think.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, the dialog is thw worst part of the game... I actually skip through most of it... if they fixed that, the game would've played out alot better than it does.[/QUOTE]

The dialog... are we talking about how the game apparently is trying to be humorous, but fails miserably?

That short preview on Outpost is enough to make me not think twice.

[quote name='Roufuss']The dialog... are we talking about how the game apparently is trying to be humorous, but fails miserably?

That short preview on Outpost is enough to make me not think twice.[/QUOTE]

:lol: more like speach dialog than humor... it's just so choppy and slow paced at times it ruins it. Everything not including the story is a blast.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: more like speach dialog than humor... it's just so choppy and slow paced at times it ruins it. Everything not including the story is a blast.[/QUOTE]

Eh... I can deal with shitty voice overs, been doing it since the Playstation days. Does the game keep that same brand of forced humor throughout, is what I want to know?

I mean, if everything is solid except for the VA's, and the humor isn't really THAT bad, I'll consider a preorder. Worst case scenario is I can sell it on Ebay and pretty much get close to what I paid for it if I hate it, and I'll hit up some EB / GS's next week to snag a harmonica because no one probably preordered this.

[quote name='Roufuss']Eh... I can deal with shitty voice overs, been doing it since the Playstation days. Does the game keep that same brand of forced humor throughout, is what I want to know?

I mean, if everything is solid except for the VA's, and the humor isn't really THAT bad, I'll consider a preorder. Worst case scenario is I can sell it on Ebay and pretty much get close to what I paid for it if I hate it, and I'll hit up some EB / GS's next week to snag a harmonica because no one probably preordered this.[/QUOTE]

yeah the humor is not bad at all....the game actually gives you alot of choices of what responses you can give to characters, supposedly changing the story slighty. You can play the game being a total asshole, which turns out funny most the time. I keep ditching the main girl for the older and hotter woman in the band and I know she dosn't like it.

I just also got my first housing space, which is pretty cool. I got a poster of the older woman I'm dating and put it right next to my character's bed :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah the humor is not bad at all....the game actually gives you alot of choices of what responses you can give to characters, supposedly changing the story slighty. You can play the game being a total asshole, which turns out funny most the time. I keep ditching the main girl for the older and hotter woman in the band and I know she dosn't like it.

I just also got my first housing space, which is pretty cool. I got a poster of the older woman I'm dating and put it right next to my character's bed :)[/QUOTE]

Well.. I'll go ahead and order, and give it a shot... worst case scenario is all the major review outlet sites blast it, and I wait for a price drop (that may never come... look at Magna Carta) and sell my sealed copy on Ebay for a bit more then $38. Like I said earlier, even if I open it, play it, hate it, that $38 can easily be gotten back.

I'm always down for some open ended games, so I'll take a chance. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Seshuon']Thanks OP. I preordered as well. I collect anything Atlus puts out..good or bad. I'm an Atlus whore ;)[/quote]
Woohoo. You even have Hard Hitter Tennis???

[quote name='eau']Woohoo. You even have Hard Hitter Tennis???[/QUOTE]

Yup, I even have Hard Hitter Tennis ....which I think is a good tennis game. Has more of a sim feel to it..even though the announcer voice acting is horrible.

I'm totally enjoying Metal Saga as well...has a great old-school feel to it and has some cool vehicle customization. Can't wait to play Steambot Chronicles.

Man, I got an email saying it's out of stock and that it "may" ship in the next 30 days....bummer. Hopefully they get more in.

[quote name='Seshuon']Man, I got an email saying it's out of stock and that it "may" ship in the next 30 days....bummer. Hopefully they get more in.[/QUOTE]
That's just the canned 'It's been 72 hours and we don't have it yet' message. You'll get it for every preorder. You'll probably not get the shipping notification until tomorrow or possibly Thursday...

[quote name='Starky27']That's just the canned 'It's been 72 hours and we don't have it yet' message. You'll get it for every preorder. You'll probably not get the shipping notification until tomorrow or possibly Thursday...[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know Starky27. I've never ordered from Outpost before.

[quote name='Seshuon']Man, I got an email saying it's out of stock and that it "may" ship in the next 30 days....bummer. Hopefully they get more in.[/QUOTE]
Got the same email.

i can see that they don't go in order of who purchased the game first as mine is on partial backorder status too even though i know I ordered the game before anyone here. oh well, i can wait i suppose as I already have a bunch of other games to play before i play this one.

mine has not shipped yet either!

edit: after i posted that it now says my order is being processed... so lets hope it ships soon!

edit #2: still backordered...

bread's done
Back