World of Disneycraft

DarkNessBear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys, the World of Disneycraft has commenced!

Yes! My new project has finnally been launched! World of Disneycraft is my knew ambitious project. It is a test, I am testing to see what would happen, if I combined the world of Disney to the World of Warcraft... although the outcomes are sometimes frightening, they are always magical! So come now! And experience... The World of Disneycraft!

View the Videos now:

Peter Pan
Leave everything you know about Peter Pan behind... cause this Peter Pan is a little...different.
Under the Sea
What magic awaits you Under the Sea? Alot! But dont get to carried away...
Bambi
Come visit Bambi and his family where he lives! Experiences there everyday life as they strive to live on such a rainy day!

Rate on it here:
World of Disney Craft-Rate Now!

Thanks alot!
View my Movies myspace here!

I only had a chance to watch the Bambi one so far and it was really funny. The whole thing was well done and I like the close-ups of the rain hitting the water with the song in the background - very nicely done. My only question was how did the deer die? All of a sudden they all just dropped.

All good, other than the under the sea one. That one sucked. Have him do something else than just float around and swim in a line.

I like the others ones though.

Thanks for the comments. If it goes well, and people want it, im going to make 3 once a month.

Yea, Under the Sea was my first one to make, I just did it with my mage and was going to do more with it, but he was low level and got killed by everything, so I just did what I could with what I had. Lol. The next 3 will be better.

Peter Pan was the only thought out and planned one. And I guess it shows!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Thanks for the comments. If it goes well, and people want it, im going to make 3 once a month.

Yea, Under the Sea was my first one to make, I just did it with my mage and was going to do more with it, but he was low level and got killed by everything, so I just did what I could with what I had. Lol. The next 3 will be better.

Peter Pan was the only thought out and planned one. And I guess it shows![/quote]
Peter Pan had to be my favorite one. But you did a good job on the others as well. I look foward to seeing more. :D

[quote name='basketkase543']I only had a chance to watch the Bambi one so far and it was really funny. The whole thing was well done and I like the close-ups of the rain hitting the water with the song in the background - very nicely done. My only question was how did the deer die? All of a sudden they all just dropped.[/quote]

You know how WoW is. People kill critters for no reason. It was a Dwarf Hunter killing some deers for their hides... if he knew it was Bambi, maybe he would of thought twice before crossbowing them!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You know how WoW is. People kill critters for no reason. It was a Dwarf Hunter killing some deers for their hides... if he knew it was Bambi, maybe he would of thought twice before crossbowing them![/QUOTE]

If my Dwarf Hunter knew Bambi was lurking in the woods, she would hunt down every single deer she could find just to kill him.

Oh yes, good vids! Make some more please!

Ugh... i've never been good with criticism, or bassically people saying, "This sucks!!". And my World of Disneycraft series keeps getting that... i've gotten 4 people that say it sucks.
Now I dont even know if I should continue on with this series or just end it...

:(

don't be discouraged. frequently people like to critisize anything that might get other people attention. your series is really inspired, and i enjoyed watching them. out of the three i liked peter pan the best because of how well you matched the song to the actions. the pacing was perfect in it, so just try to immitate that style in the future. under the sea is clever too, the payoff was great, but my constructive criticism would be to make everything leading up to that more entertaining. Bambi was cute and the music and everything worked really well... i would just make the turn more abrupt. that is, maybe a single loud gunshot, and stop the music right on the spot. These are just ideas of course, i don't expect you to revise what you've done... but take these into consideration for future attempts.

Comedy is a real subjective thing, but I appreciate what you did here.

Thanks Varsitygamer...
I appreciate you taking the time to give me some actual constructive criticism. Bambi and Under the Sea were shot on the spot, while Peter Pan took some time to plan ect.
I guess I shouldnt really put the negative opinions over the positive, but its just so hard when you work hard on something you hope everyone enjoys. And you do alot of work to put it out, and even make a myspace for it. Then some random guy just goes, "Wtf? This shit sucks..."
Last night, I spent two hours writing half of the script to Chronicles of a Newbie Chapter 3... and I really hope its worth doing it... I dont want to do all this work for someone to say, "Wow you suck."

I guess I should go back to why I started doing Machinima in the first place... cause it was fun, and I liked to show my family and friends something that would make them laugh.

Thanks for the inspiring words! :applause:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I dont want to do all this work for someone to say, "Wow you suck." [/quote]
I'm sure for every you suck there's tens of people who really enjoy it. Just remember people who dislike something are usually much more vocal than those who like it. I enjoyed all your videos and I loved the preview for Chronicles of a Newbie 3. I don't even play WoW. o_O
I used to do some fanfiction writing and I got several people making rude comments about my work, but then I got so many people who enjoyed it and wanted me to continue. Just think of those people when you do your work and remember to enjoy yourself.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ugh... i've never been good with criticism, or bassically people saying, "This sucks!!". And my World of Disneycraft series keeps getting that... i've gotten 4 people that say it sucks.
Now I dont even know if I should continue on with this series or just end it...

:([/quote]

Yeah man....dont frent kid keep pushing until your on top. Just because people say it sucked doesnt mean you should stop...there will always be at least some people will think everything you do sucks.

Also...over the internet.alot people including me...just dont feel like thinking while writting so we just sum it all up in a "This sucks" type of comment. It doesnt mean that its the worst thing on the planet it just means they didnt like that one.

Thanks.

Yea, I am going to stick with it, another three... and I will see how well those do.

I dont think people like the Randomness of it, and I think alot do... So I want to see if I can balance my movies out, but I am not to sure what people want.

I think majority of my bad reviews are from other movies that are trying to lower my score on purpose.

Anyone know of another Machinima site that is more mature in their ratings ect? Where you cant do 5 profiles and rate other peoples movies poorly, or review someones movie with just, "You suck 0/10". .. .

Lol, well thanks for the advice!

=)
-DarkNessBear

it would be nice to see some better editing. i hate to suggest faster cuts because you might end up with an mtv look if you take it to extremes, but long cuts with nothing going on (action, blocking, camera movement, etc.) are boring as hell to watch. i noticed a shot or two where i was starting to wonder why nothing was happening. hope this is constructive and helpful enough.

I'm going to be blunt with you: I didn't think they were funny. At all.

That said, I can appreciate the time and effort you put into them. I tried doing some video editing once and I realize how incredibly time-consuming even the most basic things can say.

While I didn't enjoy the content of it, the quality was really good and that definitely reflects positively on you.

And take what I say with a grain of salt; I don't play World of Warcraft and I'm not the gamer I once was, so maybe I'm not necessarily the ideal "target audience" for this.

Mixed reactions, but the quality was good and so I commend you for doing a good job.

Don't get discouraged! I know that criticism is difficult to take, but suck it up... it will only make you better at what you do in the long run.

[quote name='darkmere']it would be nice to see some better editing. i hate to suggest faster cuts because you might end up with an mtv look if you take it to extremes, but long cuts with nothing going on (action, blocking, camera movement, etc.) are boring as hell to watch. i noticed a shot or two where i was starting to wonder why nothing was happening. hope this is constructive and helpful enough.[/quote]

Hey thanks for some tips!

What parts were to long? So I can know what you are talking about more percisely.

My movie "Chronicles of a Newbie Chapter 3" is coming out sometime this summer (hopefully) and its going to be crazy... I almost finished writing my script, and it seems pretty good.

So if you got any suggestions feel free to help! =D

i'd have to watch again to give a more accurate critique, but here's the basics...

the peter pan one seemed good.

the bambi one seemed a bit long on the deer intro, they don't do much before being shot, so it seemed a little long (but not terrible.) once the deer are dead it could be ended quickly (i guess you were going for a dramatic beat, but it seems too long.)

the under the sea one...i dunno...the second shot under the water lingers a bit long, there's not much going on, there were several line jumps (these can be jarring to a viewer and are usually reserved for awkward moments like fights or lovemaking), and it could be wrapped up again quickly after the drowning death.

it's a good effort, and again, i hope i was constructive here. learning how to edit is tough...i've been frustrated, embarassed, and pissed off by my teachers, but then again, they're preparing me for editing in the real world. there's no hard rules about editing, it's more about learning from experience and finding what feels right.

Thanks for the replies. I am probably going to put this on the backburner of my other movie, Chapter 3 for Chronicles of a Newbie series...

I just put up a streaming video for Chapter 2, so lazy people can watch without the download!

You can view it here:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php

I made this movie... like 1-2 years ago! C3 will be much better... sense I have an actual editing program (not a trial), and going to purchase awsome microphones! And writing the script.

:bouncy:

[quote name='iheartmetal']peter pan was good, didnt care much for the other ones. but dont stop.[/quote]

Thanks for the view!

I'll probably make 3 more by the end of next month...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I have an actual editing program (not a trial), and going to purchase awsome microphones! And writing the script.[/QUOTE]
i just noticed that comment...definitely take the time to learn a little audio editing. sound's not my thing, but in a lot of ways it's more important that the visual. there's nothing like bad audio to draw attention to how bad your show is, but good audio can mask a lot of goofs and sell the action.

use an audio tool to make sure your levels are right and listen for clicks in audio cut points for starters.

[quote name='darkmere']i just noticed that comment...definitely take the time to learn a little audio editing. sound's not my thing, but in a lot of ways it's more important that the visual. there's nothing like bad audio to draw attention to how bad your show is, but good audio can mask a lot of goofs and sell the action.

use an audio tool to make sure your levels are right and listen for clicks in audio cut points for starters.[/quote]

Yea, I am going to get a program that allows me to remove all sounds that aren't suppose to be there. And remove popping sounds.

But i'll be getting good Mic's that allow it not to have those sounds.

bread's done
Back