Anybody Know What's This Song From The Life Aquatic...?

Fire

CAGiversary!
Anybody know what the one song is that they play in the movie as soon as they put on the head phones from their under water helmets? Its driving me crazy.

i believe it's one of the mark mothersbough songs...i'll check my ipod and see if i can figure the title out

i think it's zissou society blue star cadet/ned's theme (take 1) by mark mothersbaugh (about a minute into it the song changes and i think that's the part you may be thinking of

theres a Sigur Ros song that wasnt on the album that was in the movie named Staralfur, though I dont think thats the song in question

[quote name='zionoverfire']Track Listings 1. Rebel Rebel 2. Life on Mars? 3. Starman 4. Ziggy Stardust 5. Lady Stardust 6. Changes 7. Oh! You Pretty Things 8. Rock N' Roll Suicide 9. Suffragette City 10. Five Years 11. Queen Bitch 12. When I Live My Dream 13. Quicksand 14. Team Zissou
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BRD6T4/sr=8-2/qid=1148431638/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-5252929-2059047?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Probably one of those.[/QUOTE]
just noticed that cd is the seu jorge (pele) sessions and not the soundtrack. i'll have to check that out, as they didn't include all his songs on the soundtrack and they were great (only reason i bought the 2 disc dvd was for his performances since they weren't on the single disc version.)

Are you guys sure that is it? It doesn't sound like the one that I am thinking of when I listen to it. The one is when they put their head phones on/when the son (owen's character) and it sounds sort of like dunna dunna dunna dunn dunnaa or something like that. i know it was used in the trailer for the movie.

[quote name='Fire']Are you guys sure that is it? It doesn't sound like the one that I am thinking of when I listen to it. The one is when they put their head phones on/when the son (owen's character) and it sounds sort of like dunna dunna dunna dunn dunnaa or something like that. i know it was used in the trailer for the movie.[/QUOTE]

are you talking about that techno sounding song?

[quote name='hobocorpses']Well I was bored so I watched trailer, heard the music when they put on helmets and went here to sample the songs.

http://www.towerrecords.com/product...+With+Steve+Zissou&artist=Original+Soundtrack

I'm pretty sure it's track 16.

Another site says its by Mark Mothersbaugh......of Devo, and musical composer of the movie. Not sure of the name of the song....just says medley.[/QUOTE]
that would be ping island/lightning strike rescue op by mark mothersbaugh. it was the song played during the hostage rescue sequence, not when they went diving unless i'm mistaken.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']are you talking about that techno sounding song?[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, it's sort of techno sounding I guess.

[quote name='darkmere']that would be ping island/lightning strike rescue op by mark mothersbaugh. it was the song played during the hostage rescue sequence, not when they went diving unless i'm mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, thanks that actually sounds like it's the one.

Thanks all, I think the mystery has been solved.

bread's done
Back