CAGcast #31: Massive Damage

massivedamagelogo2hy.jpg

CAGcast: Now with historical accuracy!

I think Wombat was confusing sidetalkin' with the Lynndie that Cheapy did on the AOL guy.

Now that's just freakin' awesome. You used my subtitle idea. I love you.

Now just send me one of those Japanese XBox 360s and my exercise in mind control will be complete.

Another great one guys. I submitted to iTunes to have the stars upgraded from 4-5 on my review, as I think this has become my favorite podcast now. It's gotten a ton better from the first couple, and that review on the blog was spot on.

Thank you for answering my question. I laughed so hard imagining you asking your wife about bukkaki. Oh and the show that told me this is called "Travel Sick."

Hahahaha that impression of vinnie jones who plays juggernaut in X3 was hilarious cheapy and the bukkake explanation was also hilarious. This has to be one of the funniest cagcasts I've heard so far.

Wombat, I believe you were thinking of an acronym, not an anagram. The game title F.E.A.R. would be an example of the former, as is a word like "sonar", which stands for SOund Navigation And Ranging. Of course, there's also a favorite of many, NORML. Not that those type of people game, mind you.

Ha.

Great podcast all the way around this week. I can only imagine how bad some of those no-name podcasts are, and the problem with the 1up and Gamespot ones is that everyone is constantly talking over each other (not to mention Luke Smith's grating voice, which he can't help, and his bitch-boy attitude, which he can). So kudos to you two for actually having a conversation, and a funny one at that. I am also now expecting X3 to be superior to Blade: Trinity, but not much else.

[quote name='willardhaven']Wait, did you guys ever discuss New Super Mario Bros.???????[/quote]See, this is what happens when I forget to put stuff on the outline. I'm pretty sure Wombat was supposed to have a review. Oh, well there is always next week (and NSMB comes out today in Japan).

Wombat, couldn't have agreed with you more about X-Men: The Last Stand (just got done previewing it two hours ago).

[quote name='jollydwarf']Wombat, I believe you were thinking of an acronym, not an anagram. The game title F.E.A.R. would be an example of the former, as is a word like "sonar", which stands for SOund Navigation And Ranging. Of course, there's also a favorite of many, NORML. Not that those type of people game, mind you.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the Da Vinci Code, nor do I plan to, but to me it sounded like both Cheapy and Wombat were describing an anagram (even though each thought they were describing something different). Basically anagrams use the letters in a given word or phrase (or even a random selection of letters) to form another word or phrase, such as turning "Nintendo" into "dot nine" (and if I was good at them I could actually come up with something that made sense).

And while we're at it, there's a difference between an acronym, which is a pronouncable word formed from (usually) the first letters of the words in a phrase (e.g., North American Free Trade Agreement) and initialism or alphabetism, which is simply the abbreviation of a phrase using its first letters (e.g., PTA, MLB, YTMND).

Anyway, I did want to say that this was one of the best shows in a while (and that's saying something because they've never dipped in quality). I'm with Wombat: I get most of my DS time while my wife is watching one of her shows or when she's taking a nap. I think that's the power of a handheld, as you don't have to commit to it as fully as a console. You don't necessarily have to take a train, bus, or plane every day to enjoy one. There's nothing wrong with playing it at home.

I really need to stop listening to the show while driving. I'm becoming a danger to myself and others. First, it was the love knife. Yesterday, the bukakke bit nearly sent me into a bridge abutment.

I think you're right, on second listen. There just seemed to be some misunderstanding on what Cheapy was talking about, which further confused me while listening to it the first time in my car. And we all know how dangerous that can be, thinking and driving.

Also, on second thought, I don't know if Microsoft having Hold 'em tied up in legalities isn't a blessing in disguise for them. If they offered that for free or even for 400 or fewer points, how long would thousands of people completely neglect buying and playing other Live Arcade games?

[quote name='youruglyclone']so did the juggernaut say the complete line?[/quote]

Yes.

Kitty Pride sticks him in the floor and then he looks up at her and says "Don't you know who I am?.....I'm the Juggernaut...Bitch!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Sigh.

Fine. I'll bite. What's the "Massive Damage" thing about?[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with the terms "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER" or "giant crabs?"

[quote name='Tybee']Are you familiar with the terms "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER" or "giant crabs?"[/quote]

isn't the "massive damage" line from smash tv?

on juggernaut
and hahaha I guess we know what ratner did with the re shoot time.

[quote name='Tybee']Are you familiar with the terms "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER" or "giant crabs?"[/QUOTE]

So I'm assuming it's some Sony-related thing.

[quote name='KaneRobot']So I'm assuming it's some Sony-related thing.[/QUOTE]

It is, and if it makes you feel better, I didn't figure out what it meant until today

It's comedic gold, that's what it is!

Hey Cheapy, if you name CAGcast #32 "Giant Enemy Crabs," I'll pick up those Circuit City games you want next week.

It's the stupidest thing the internet has produced since Chuck Norris. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the most played out and beaten to death thing the internet has produced since Chuck Norris. ;)[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

The thing is, Chuck Norris jokes are still funny, the giant crab thing was mildly funny until internet idiots drove it straight into the ground using it over and over and over.

[quote name='Roufuss']Fixed.

The thing is, Chuck Norris jokes are still funny, the giant crab thing was mildly funny until internet idiots drove it straight into the ground using it over and over and over.[/QUOTE]
The Chuck Norris jokes ripped off the Vin Diesel fad, so it's all just stupid.

No one talking about Lemmings EyeToy? Just one. :whistle2:(

No good games during the summer? What about GTA Liberty City Stories in a few weeks. Oh wait, you guys don't talk about anything but the 360. ;) :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Chuck Norris jokes ripped off the Vin Diesel fad, so it's all just stupid.

No one talking about Lemmings EyeToy? Just one. :whistle2:(

No good games during the summer? What about GTA Liberty City Stories in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

If you actually played it on PSP then it really isn't any reason to actually buy LCS for PS2. I played it on PSP and I don't plan on picking up the PS2 version.

[quote name='cdeener']If you actually played it on PSP then it really isn't any reason to actually buy LCS for PS2. I played it on PSP and I don't plan on picking up the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]
Does that make it a bad game? I'll probably pick it up since it's $20 and I don't have a PSP yet.

Why don't you guys ever mention PC games? I know you don't play them, but you could at least mention them on the new releases. Heroes of Might and Magic just came out this week, and it's a pretty major game.

[quote name='joeljermon']Why don't you guys ever mention PC games? I know you don't play them, but you could at least mention them on the new releases. Heroes of Might and Magic just came out this week, and it's a pretty major game.[/QUOTE]

On a similar note...retro gaming is something I'd like to hear about every once in a while on the CAGcast. I don't know how you could incorporate it into a regular feature, but I'd love to hear your opinions on your favorite games for older systems. Maybe I'll just ask a CAGbag question.

Heh, I'm a bit late listening to this one, but I have to say, Cheapy's impression of the English Juggernaut was great.

And Cheapy, I'll pick you up some CC games. :lol:

Trakan, did you find from Russia w/Love for Cheapy?

Cheapy and Wombat, great Cagcast, you make my commute bearable once a week. Thanks especially Wombat, for saving me $10 at the theatre.

bread's done
Back