GameCrazy Trade-in prices thread

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
OK, upon botticus's suggestion, I am making a thread for GameCrazy trade-in prices in this forum (where there are already FYE, Best Buy, and an old EB price thread).

I have pulled some of these out of the OLD Gamecrazy deal thread. Since that one disappears frequently (before mysteriously being resurrected :D) I figure we need a more stable place for trade values. The prices will live on here. Please post as they come in - make it clear if it is value with or without MVP card and I will update the OP. Also please note that it is apparently policy at GC to drop trade-in prices as more copies of a game come in - so you may see lower prices at particular stores.

Edit 5/25: I've decided just to list MVP prices. Subtract 10% to get an estimate of trade-in without MVP, though that won't be exact. For example, DQ VIII without MVP is $16.36. For MVP pricing add 10% ($1.64) for an MVP price of $18 (but you don't get exactly $16.36 by subtracting 10% from the $18 MVP price).

Edit 5/26: Added the games from the flyer JebusMcLucifer posted. The prices on those are dated "5/25" since that's when he posted the current in-store flier.

Edit 6/7 - Please check the CAGwiki:
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Game_Crazy_trade_in_values
for the latest trade-in prices!

:gc:
Army Men RTS: $5.xx (May)
Geist: $18 (4/10)
Harvest Moon Magical Melody: $16 (5/25)
Odama: $22 (5/25)
Over the Hedge: $18 (5/25)
X-Men 3: $18 (5/25)

:ps2:
Ace Combat Zero: $18 (5/25)
Atelier Iris 2: $25 (5/25)
Backyard Wrestling 2: $3 (4/10)
Cold Winter: $6.05 (5/26)
Da Vinci Code: $18 (5/25)
Dragonquest VIII: $11 (5/28)
Eye Toy Groove: $3.30 (6/1)
Full Spectrum War. 10 Hammers: $20 (5/25)
Gallop Racer 2006: $18 (5/25)
Ghost Recon Adv. Warfighter: $25 (5/25)
Godfather: $18 (5/25)
Karaoke Rev Country: $16 (5/25)
Jak X: $7.70 (5/17)
Kingdom Hearts II: $28 (5/25)
Marc Ecko's Getting Up (regular): $18 (5/29) ($15 on 6/1?)
Metal Saga: $22 (5/25)
Midway Arcade Treasures 2: $2.75 (5/23)
MLB 2K6: $16 (5/25)
Monster Rancher Evo: $18 (5/25)
Nano Breaker: $6.60 (5/26)
Outlaw Golf 2: $5.50 (5/29)
Rise of the Kasai: $10.45 (6/1)
Samurai Western: $6.60 (5/17)
Socom 3: $20 (5/26)
Soul Calibur 3: $25 (4/22)
Suikoden V: $18 (5/25)
Tomb Raider Legend: $25 (5/25)
Tourist Trophy: $18 (5/25)
Winback 2 - Project Poseidon: $18 (5/25)

:xbox:
Commandos Strike Force: $18 (5/25)
Dreamfall: $18 (5/25)
Ice Age 2: $16 (5/25)
MVP 06 NCAA: $7.70 (5/17)
Outrun 2006: $13 (5/25)
Painkiller Hell Wars: $13 (5/25)
Rainbow Six Critical Hour: $13.75 (5/17)
Toca Race Driver 3: $16 (5/25)
Winback 2 - Project Poseidon: $18 (5/25)
X-Men 3: $18 (5/25)

:360:
Battlefield 2: $33 (5/25)
Blazing Angels: $30 (5/25)
DOA Arcade Stick: $15.68 (4/22)
Dynasty Warriors 5: $18 (5/25)
Elder Scrolls Oblivion: $33 (5/25)
Far Cry Instincts: $16.50 (5/16)
FIFA 2006: $30 (5/25)
Fight Night Round 3: $33 (4/12)
Final Fantasy XI: $25 (5/25)
Kameo: $18 (4/12)
NBA 2K6: $15 (5/17)
Rumble Roses XX: $33 (4/22)
The Outfit : $30 (4/22)
Tiger Woods 06: $25 (4/22)
Tomb Raider Legend: $33 (5/25)
Top Spin 2: $18 (5/25)

:ds:
Animal Crossing: $14 (4/23)
Brain Age: $7.70 (5/17)
Guilty Gear: $13 (5/25)
Metroid Prime Hunters: $14 (5/25)
New Super Mario Bros.: $14 (5/25)
Tetris: $13 (5/25)
True Swing Golf: $11.xx (May)
Yoshi Touch and Go: $13.20 (5/16)
Zoo Keeper: $7.15 (5/29)

:psp:
Astonishia Story: $18 (5/25)
Bust-A-Move Deluze: $18 (5/25)
Guilty Gear Judgement: $16 (5/25)
Infected: $13.75 (5/22)
Me & My Katamari: $18 (5/25)
Metal Gear Acid 2: $16 (5/25)
Outrun 2006: $14 (5/25)
Socom: $13.75 (4/22)
World Rally Championship: $16 (5/25)
Worms: $16 (5/25)

:gba:
Dynasty Warriors Advance: $6.60 (6/1)
Winnie the Pooh: $6.60 (5/29)

Please submit any trades you've done at GC within the last month or so.

All include MVP. Compiled from receipts ranging from 4/12/06-5/17/06.

:360:
Fight Night Round 3 - $33 (4/12/06)
Kameo - $18 (4/12/06)
Rumble Roses XX - $33 (4/22/06)
The Outfit - $30 94/22/06)
Tiger Woods 06 - $25 (4/22/06)
DOA Arcade Stick - $15.68 (4/22/06)
Far Cry Instincts - $16.50 (5/16/06)
Blazing Angels - $33 (5/17/06)
NBA 2K6 - $15 (5/17/06)

Soul Calibur 3 - $25 (4/22/06)
Jak X - $7.70 (5/17/060
Samurai Western - $6.60 (5/17/06)

:xbox:
MVP 06 NCAA - $7.70 (5/17/06)
Rainbow Six Critical Hour - $13.75 (5/17/06)

:psp:
Socom - $13.75 (4/22/06)

:ds:
Animal Crossing - $14 (4/23/06)
Brain Age - $7.70 (5/17/06)
Yoshi Touch and Go - $13.20 (5/16/06)

True Swing Golf for DS - $11.xx without MVP
Geist for GC - range from $12~18 depends on store stock
Army Men RTS for GC (the new UPC version) - $5.xx

I work for GC and I can vouch for the trade prices changing based on stock levels. I haven't figured out the specifics yet though.

I know some(usually newer) games have a fixed trade price, and some are subject to quantity on hand. Usually we have to have 5 or more in stock for it to affect the price though.

As far as the "Most for trades guaranteed!" goes, that's pretty much a mystery to all of us. I've been with the company for 2 years, and haven't seen anywhere that says we tradematch, it just says "guaranteed." I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of the higher ups as to whether we have authorization to tradematch or not, but we do at our store as long as we can get a GS or EB employee to give us a quote over the phone. It pretty much comes down to If you found a better trade price elsewhere, as long as you're polite to the employees, and you can prove the trade price, they will probably do it. You just have to fill out a refund/pricechange slip.

I'll keep you guys posted if I get any more info on the tradematching policy, it's one thing that's bugged me for a while.

I have found though that if GS gives more for a game than us, it's usually because they're overcharging for it. I've seen on several occasions where we've got a game for $14.99 and it's still $29.99 over there.

^^^^ I was thinking of trade price matching to GR - as they are practically right next to each other and I can get printed quotes from GR. I haven't found too many EB/GS prices to beat either GR or GC, but it happens occasionally (one small example is Rise of Kasai which is $6 at EB/GS but only like $1.50 at GR).

Traded in tonight, all with MVP prices:

Cold Winter - $6.05
Nano Breaker - $6.60
Socom 3 - $20.00
Rise of the Kasai - $10.45

[quote name='Sway']Traded in tonight, all with MVP prices:

Rise of the Kasai - $10.45[/QUOTE]

Wow! I picked up an extra today and was going to use it in the extra $10 EB trade promo next week. But it would still only fetch $8.50 that way. I'll save it for GC then, thanks! I had figured since GR gave such lousy credit for this ($1.50 I think) that the other stores would be similar.

DQ 8 dropped to $11 with MVP. So I guess that helps answer the question as to when they drop prices. It was $18 on the 23rd of May (Tues) and $11 on the 28th of May (Sun). So, they drop prices some time between Tuesday and Sunday :D.

Interestingly enough, Marc Ecko Getting Up is still $18 though. Rise of Kasai still $10.45 - thanks very much Sway, I was able to get rid of an extra copy. I just wish I hadn't returned the other 2 I had to Best Buy a few weeks ago!

Interesting thing happened: I had traded at my local GC a month or so ago, but didn't buy the MVP card. Then I made some trades in Virginia last week and got the non-MVP prices (after they looked up my account info for me). When I went in today I was going to buy the MVP card as I planned on bringing over $200 worth of stuff in over the next few months. The guy looked me up and said I had renewed and was good through 2007. WTF? I still had my previous balance on the account and everything. Very wierd. Now I'm wondering if I should go in and ask for my magazine subscription. Maybe I shouldn't push it :D. But is the MVP thing an actual card that you carry around? Because if so, I certainly don't have one. I guess I can ask about that.

Only thing I can think of is the guy in VA signed me up for free after I left?? Makes no sense whatsoever, but we had a friendly conversation about various games, E3, the Wii, etc... Maybe he thought I was cool or something. I seriously doubt that, by the way, but I can't figure it out otherwise.

[quote name='verdechu']I work for GC and I can vouch for the trade prices changing based on stock levels. I haven't figured out the specifics yet though.

I know some(usually newer) games have a fixed trade price, and some are subject to quantity on hand. Usually we have to have 5 or more in stock for it to affect the price though.

As far as the "Most for trades guaranteed!" goes, that's pretty much a mystery to all of us. I've been with the company for 2 years, and haven't seen anywhere that says we tradematch, it just says "guaranteed." I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of the higher ups as to whether we have authorization to tradematch or not, but we do at our store as long as we can get a GS or EB employee to give us a quote over the phone. It pretty much comes down to If you found a better trade price elsewhere, as long as you're polite to the employees, and you can prove the trade price, they will probably do it. You just have to fill out a refund/pricechange slip.

I'll keep you guys posted if I get any more info on the tradematching policy, it's one thing that's bugged me for a while.

I have found though that if GS gives more for a game than us, it's usually because they're overcharging for it. I've seen on several occasions where we've got a game for $14.99 and it's still $29.99 over there.[/QUOTE]
Verdechu do you know if GC will price match, trade in deals like EBs 4 games get an extra $10?

[quote name='io']
Edit 5/25: I've decided just to list MVP prices. Subtract 10% to get an estimate of trade-in without MVP, though that won't be exact. For example, DQ VIII without MVP is $16.36. For MVP pricing add 10% ($1.64) for an MVP price of $18 (but you don't get exactly $16.36 by subtracting 10% from the $18 MVP price).[/QUOTE]

To calculate the non-MVP trade-in value, take the amount listed in the thread and divide by 1.1.

Like DQ8 for instance....

$18 / 1.1 = 16.36

[quote name='eshbums']To calculate the non-MVP trade-in value, take the amount listed in the thread and divide by 1.1.

Like DQ8 for instance....

$18 / 1.1 = 16.36[/QUOTE]

Except DQ8 dropped to $11 with MVP :D

great thread. i usual get the best trade in value at gc.

here's what i got.
picked up marc ecko's getting up -ps2. for $10 from the cc sale.

traded in still sealed at gc and they gave me $25 with mvp for it.
that was a pleasant suprise. first time i had that happen.

anyone know if they give more credit for sealed games??

thanks

[quote name='bluehalls']great thread. i usual get the best trade in value at gc.

here's what i got.
picked up marc ecko's getting up -ps2. for $10 from the cc sale.

traded in still sealed at gc and they gave me $25 with mvp for it.
that was a pleasant suprise. first time i had that happen.

anyone know if they give more credit for sealed games??

thanks[/QUOTE]

Did you get the LE? Because I did a regular one today and it was still $18 (with MVP). I also tried to buy the LE at CC and was rejected :D.

I seriously doubt they give more for sealed games. I was at a Blockbuster today and the manager was going through the process with the clerk on how to take trades. He said due to pawn laws they need to open sealed games and check them (I didn't have a sealed game, he was just reviewing the procedure with her). So I'm surprised they took it sealed from you - usually those places make you open them.

Updated OP with some new dates and a new price I got today - Outlaw Golf 2 for PS2: $5.50

We need some new posts with game prices - keep 'em coming!

Bump - c'mon, I know more CAG's trade at GC!

I was going to go there last night but the EB trade-in deal is distracting me for the time being so I'm working on building EB credit up now. So, the question is do I preorder a Wii via GR, GC, or EB? I'll probably do all 3 to (hopefully) guarantee a system on launch day. PS3 I'll probably preorder at GR and EB, though I'm not even sure I want one at this point (would rather wait till launch issues are worked out - and we know there will be some - and then get it at Costco for the 'warranty'). And no, as far as I know, none of those places are taking preorders now.

It was wierd seeing a pyramid of Premium 360's in Fry's last might. :D.

Today I was quoted w/MVP (pretty sure, didn't actually trade them):

$6.60 for GBA Dynasty Warriors Advance
$3.30 for a PS2 EyeToy Groove

(And this was only approximate, since I wasn't really paying that much attention at that point.)

$15 XB Mark Ecko's Getting Up

The one I did actually trade is our favorite:

$10.45 PS2 Rise of the Kasai

Dammit, this keeps falling off the first page. BUMP! Any mods seeing this - could we sticky it?

[quote name='botticus']CAGwiki'd: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Game_Crazy_trade_in_values

io, if you'd like to continue maintaining this part of the wiki, ask Cheapy to set you up with an account.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post the wiki link since I saw you mention that in the EB thread... I thought anyone could maintain a wiki? We need accounts for it to add prices in? Today was the first I ever heard of CAGwiki, I'm very confused...

[quote name='io']I was just about to post the wiki link since I saw you mention that in the EB thread... I thought anyone could maintain a wiki? We need accounts for it to add prices in? Today was the first I ever heard of CAGwiki, I'm very confused...[/QUOTE]
Cheapy just set it up a few days ago. As of now, anyone who wants to edit it can ask to be given an account, and once added, you can edit any part of the wiki. It's probably the best alternative so we don't have anonymous users messing with it.

[quote name='botticus']Cheapy just set it up a few days ago. As of now, anyone who wants to edit it can ask to be given an account, and once added, you can edit any part of the wiki. It's probably the best alternative so we don't have anonymous users messing with it.[/QUOTE]

Just tried and found that out :D. I will ask Cheapy for a login, thanks! So we still have use for these threads then (for people to post trade-in values) - just need to link to the wiki in the OP.

[quote name='io']Just tried and found that out :D. I will ask Cheapy for a login, thanks! So we still have use for these threads then (for people to post trade-in values) - just need to link to the wiki in the OP.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I think that will be the plan.

Another bump - let's get some prices people!

I admit, I haven't been going there recently because of the EB deal, but I imagine I'll be going back once that ends. Maybe that's true of most CAG's :D.

[quote name='io']Another bump - let's get some prices people!

I admit, I haven't been going there recently because of the EB deal, but I imagine I'll be going back once that ends. Maybe that's true of most CAG's :D.[/quote]

I would help out, but it seems the GC by me is independently owned, in fact, they claim it is the original store and the owner sold the chain but kept the stores in the area along with the name. They could have been feeding me a load, but they don't carry any new games and have mostly games for older systems. They have never had any of the deals that are posted here and claim they are not affiliated with the website or Hollywood Video.

(This makes some sense as Hollywood Video is based in Oregon. Doing a quick store locator on the website Wilsonville and Corvallis are the only ones, but I know there are at least 2 stores in the Salem/Keizer area)

It was a pretty small store with a piss poor selection. They moved a few weeks ago to a nicer location, so I will swing by and see if things have changed.

[quote name='h2dk']I would help out, but it seems the GC by me is independently owned, in fact, they claim it is the original store and the owner sold the chain but kept the stores in the area along with the name. They could have been feeding me a load, but they don't carry any new games and have mostly games for older systems. They have never had any of the deals that are posted here and claim they are not affiliated with the website or Hollywood Video.

(This makes some sense as Hollywood Video is based in Oregon. Doing a quick store locator on the website Wilsonville and Corvallis are the only ones, but I know there are at least 2 stores in the Salem/Keizer area)

It was a pretty small store with a piss poor selection. They moved a few weeks ago to a nicer location, so I will swing by and see if things have changed.[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch just north of Wilsonville (Oregon City, Tigard, several in Portland, etc). Interesting info about that store. There was a thread here a while back where someone got some strange deals at the GC in Salem yet thought it was another store called Gamecrazy and not the Hollywood Video one. I thought that was fairly odd given that this is the home base for Hollywood Video - I thought it was strange that an independent store in the same area would have the same name (if it was just a coincidence). It all makes sense given what you said.

I wonder...since Gamecrazy is owned by Movie Gallery, do they have the same trade-in prices as Gamezones (the large gaming sections found in some Movie Gallery stores)?

If anyone knows this, then please post the info. here.

June 9th 2006

These trade in values are without an MVP card

DS
---
Feel the Magic $5.00
Trace Memory $10.00
Pac Pix $6.00
System $71.00

6/18 - with MVP

DS Ping Pals $ 4.40
DS Trace Memory $11.00
DS Sprung $ 3.30
PSP Infected $13.75
PSP Generation of Chaos $14.00
PS2 Dragonquest VIII $14.00
NGC Baten Kaitos $ 6.60
PS2 Arc the Lad Twighlight.. $ 4.35
XBX Legacy of Kain Defiance $ 4.35
XBX Ultimate Spiderman $ 6.88

^^^^ Yay, trade-in prices! I added them to the Wiki. Damn, DQ8 gets $14 now? I got hosed for $11 on that a few weeks back :whistle2:(.

With all my recent EB and GR trading, I haven't even been into GC lately. I need to check on my credit though.

Wish there was more prices. I hardly ever trade in to GameCrazy, or maybe its been about, never (?) so sorry I can't offer any prices.

traded in before mvp

half life 2 - 7.50
strangers wrath- 10.00
and i got qouted
metroid prime pinball -10.00
polarium- 6.00
marc ecko's getting up le- 6.00

Wow, it has been a long time since I updated the GC part of the wiki :D.

What with the EB and GR trade-in bonuses I don't see myself going to GC too much the next week or so. But maybe if the EB deals end I can start switching some of my GR credit over to GC again.

Ok, I can contribute:

All listed are MVP trade in prices (10% more than reg).

GameCube:
Cars - $18.00
DS:
FIFA WOrld Cup Germany 2006 - $14
Lost Magic - $14
New Super Mario Bros - $15
PS2:
And1 Streetball - $18
Hitman Blood Money - $18
Steambot Chronicles - $18
Urban Chaos - $18
PSP:
Monster Hunter Freedom - $18
Untold Legends The Warriors Code - $18
X360:
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $30
Hitman Blood Money - $33

^^^ Updated... But I would have given you $44 in GC credit for Cars and Steambot if they were mint :whistle2:(

[quote name='xrickyb86x']i'll help out and get some of the popular ones. requests? also, game crazy will not take final fantasy xi for 360 as a trade in.[/QUOTE]

Could you look up F-Zero GP and GTA for GBA for me?

The wiki is pretty pathetic in terms of GBA games but 1 of the 2 listings actually helped me today. I got a Duel Masters at GR for $5 and traded it to GC for $5.50 (which is OK as I'm trying to transfer credit at cost or above if possible).

OK, now I just checked the Wiki and saw that it was Dynasty Warriors, not Duel Masters, that was listed (Duel Masters is there now as I just added it). So it was just dumb luck I didn't end up with a $1 trade-in :rofl:. Dynasty Warriors is a GR clearance game too, I just got mixed up.

Some more, some price changes. All on July 2 flyer or checked yesterday.

All are MVP of course:

DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World - now $12 down
New Super Mario Bros. - now $18 up
GC:
Cars - now $22 up
Over the Hedge - now $22 up
X3 - now $22 up
PS2:
Flatout 2 - $25
Steambot Chronicles - now $28 up
PSP:
Sy[hon Filter Dark Mirror - $22
X360:
Table Tennis - $22
XB:
NFL Head Coach - $22
Da Vinci Code - $18

Wow, I actually traded at GameCrazy today! Had to get my fix with the EB deal ending :lol:.

GBA Duel Masters $5.06
PS2 Duel Masters $2.20

(with MVP)

Prices are from Sept. 5 flyer.

Guitar Hero (PS2) - $25 (don't do it!)
Madden 07 (GC/PS2) - $28
Table Tennis (360) - $22
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP) - $20

I don't know - I just listed the price from the flyer. I would guess its just for the game? But, if it is $25 for a complete/boxed Guitar Hero - don't trade it in!! I'm sure even Cheap Asses would offer more for it than that. And me!

bread's done
Back