Dead Rush cancelled? Why, God, why????

BlueWingX

CAGiversary!
Ok, maybe it's not so bad that we need to get God involved in the whole thing, but I'm really disappointed that Dead Rush has been cancelled.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/21/news_6103189.html

For those of you who didn't know about DR, the premise was that you woke up with amnesia in a city overrun by zombies, and you had to get out of the city, GTA-style, with plenty of driving involved. You could run over zombies, but they might grab onto your car, and you'd have to scrape them off on a building. Looked like Dawn of the Dead in video game form. It sounded so cool. Even if it had been a mediocre game, it's frickin' zombies! Zombies are awesome! Well, maybe something will happen like when Rockstar saved Red Dead Revolver... [-o

That sounds like a cool game. Unfortunately, Angel Studios (Red Dead's developer) had finished alot of Red Dead Revolver before it was put on hold. This game was probably better but...oh well. Instead you could play Resident Evil or GTA!

What a shame. Judging by the video preview playing in that article, the game looked not far from completion. Perhaps another publisher will pick up the rights to it. That's been happening alot lately, esp. with EA. I'm glad EA is finally opting for some unique games, like the new Oddworld game. Perhaps they will see the potential in this one too.

That's sad.. I just learned about that game a couple days ago and it's already been canceled. Looked like it was gonna be pretty sweet too. =/

[quote name='AlienLX']That's sad.. I just learned about that game a couple days ago and it's already been canceled. Looked like it was gonna be pretty sweet too. =/[/quote]

Same. When I saw the subject line I knew the name sounded familiar but I couldn't remember what it was since I just found out about a couple of days ago!!! This game definitely sounded tight. :cry:

Huh, somehow this game looked terrible to me. I guess you guys are seeing something I'm not. Unless they somehow managed to do all the different things (driving, survival horror setting, on foot play, the salvage system) very well, it just seemed like another driv3r to me.. jack of all trades, master of none.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Huh, somehow this game looked terrible to me. I guess you guys are seeing something I'm not. Unless they somehow managed to do all the different things (driving, survival horror setting, on foot play, the salvage system) very well, it just seemed like another driv3r to me.. jack of all trades, master of none.[/quote]

Quite possibly... But it's zombies!!! Who doesn't love killin' zombies? Especially if you can hit them with a car. :)

[quote name='Ledhed']What a shame. Judging by the video preview playing in that article, the game looked not far from completion. Perhaps another publisher will pick up the rights to it. That's been happening alot lately, esp. with EA. I'm glad EA is finally opting for some unique games, like the new Oddworld game. Perhaps they will see the potential in this one too.[/quote]
From what Ive seen of this game it could get an M rating, and EA generally stays away from that rating.

Too bad. It could have been an homage to one of the earliest arcade video games with a steeering wheel, Death Race. Also the first video game to cause a serious controversy.

It would have made a good bonus item in Dead Rush.

Perhaps if they shopped the idea and work in progress to Capcom with the idea of putting it in the Resident Evil universe...

bread's done
Back