Gungrave OD (PS2) 14.99 preorder at EBgames

This has got to be a price mistake? Can anyone confirm. Even value games usually start at $19.99. I might have to place an order before they raise the price. The did honor the price on FM4.

[quote name='Masterkyo']It's misprice again.... GUNGrave OD MSRP $39.99 or $49.99 :)

They shipped FM 4 and hope it go thru. again ;)[/quote]

Sweet. Just placed my preorder.

BTW, I've preordered a DVD from them when they goofed the price, and I got it as well.

EDIT: If it lists for close to this and you don't want it, you can always cancel.

[quote name='mynameisjonas']Didn't Space Channel 5: SE release at 14.99? Or was the official retail price $19.99?[/quote]

you are correct, it was 14.99

I ordered one but I don't know about this game. The videos I've seen on IGN don't look too great. It might just be bad video quality though. I'm starting to think that there's a reason why it's only $15 to begin with.

[quote name='jboy']I ordered one but I don't know about this game. The videos I've seen on IGN don't look too great. It might just be bad video quality though. I'm starting to think that there's a reason why it's only $15 to begin with.[/quote]

Well, of course. Because a game starts out cheap, it's automatically crap!

Just look at those new ESPN games!

Totally forgot about Virtua Fighter 4 EVO. All I'm saying is that I hope this doesn't turn out to be a Devil May Cry 2. It's going to be really hard to live up to the first Gungrave.

I heard that the first Gungrave was unspectacular best an at least according to IGN, the second one does fix some of those mistakes. But who knows....

Gungrave was a great game. it was just overshadowed by the fact that everyone compared it to Devil May Cry, rather then taking it in as a quite a different game, despite being a dual gun-toting, undead/demonic hero.

the game was a cross between max-payne, DMC, and P.N. 03 (?) and mixed with the art and story style from the Trigun series.

the anime sounds interesting, but I think they covered whatever story they had pretty well in the game.

[quote name='Zoltek99']I heard that the first Gungrave was unspectacular best an at least according to IGN, the second one does fix some of those mistakes. But who knows....[/quote]

IGN gave Gungrave an 8. They don't give 8's to unspectacular games, sir.

[quote name='JasonTerminator'][quote name='Zoltek99']I heard that the first Gungrave was unspectacular best an at least according to IGN, the second one does fix some of those mistakes. But who knows....[/quote]

IGN gave Gungrave an 8. They don't give 8's to unspectacular games, sir.[/quote]

Yeah they do sometimes, but it was still a good freakin' game.

I thought the original was fun for it's price (I payed $5 back during the original CC sale).

BTW Mobile Light Force 2 had a launch MSRP of $14.99

[quote name='Zoltek99']I heard that the first Gungrave was unspectacular best an at least according to IGN, the second one does fix some of those mistakes. But who knows....[/quote]

Yeah, it definitely fixes the mistakes. I played part of the import and its a vast improvement. The new characters are pretty cool and there's actually a storyline this time around. The screenshots don't indicate the quality of the graphics.

I picked up the original through a CC trade and I've been digging it. If the sequel gives me as much gun crazy action, I'm in. Especially for $15.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Ok....looks like I'll be passing that one over.[/quote]

Heh, your reaction was exactly the opposite of mine. Then again, I do love these random, quirky games.

has anyone heard of these games...they're all preorders and they're all $14.99-$19.99....their are a few other cheap preorders, but we've all heard of them, such as Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2...im just mentioning the ones that look interesting and that i havent heard of

PS2
TriggerMan
ChoroQ
Scaler

XBOX
Yager
Dai Senryaku VII
TriggerMan

GC
TriggerMan

By the way, I plan on getting Chulip :wink:

[quote name='JasonTerminator'][quote name='Zoltek99']I heard that the first Gungrave was unspectacular best an at least according to IGN, the second one does fix some of those mistakes. But who knows....[/quote]

IGN gave Gungrave an 8. They don't give 8's to unspectacular games, sir.[/quote]

They give for Sh*t games a 9 and above, (Raw, Raw 2).

[quote name='trustcompany1013']id preorder chulip...but thats too long of a wait for to me....does eb charge your card when ordered, or when shipped?[/quote]
Upon shipping...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']has anyone heard of these games...they're all preorders and they're all $14.99-$19.99....their are a few other cheap preorders, but we've all heard of them, such as Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2...im just mentioning the ones that look interesting and that i havent heard of

PS2
TriggerMan
ChoroQ
Scaler

XBOX
Yager
Dai Senryaku VII
TriggerMan

GC
TriggerMan

By the way, I plan on getting Chulip :wink:[/quote]

ChoroQ is a series of racing games that was really popular in Japan (there were a ton of games in the series), but it's not worth buying (even at the low price point.)

Yager is like a futuristic Crimson Skies from the screens I've seen. You fly around, shoot things, and I think it's supposed to be pretty good from hands-on impressions. I'm actually surprised this is coming out at a lower price.

Judging from movies and screens and the developer, Trigger Man looks like garbage...

From what I heard, Dai Senryaku VII (the import) is supposed to be a pretty good strategy game, but not great.

Anyway, overall, the only one of those games I'd really look into would be Yager (but I'd wait for a review first.)

ChoroQ games have been released here before, they're the "super deformed" car racing games that have been sold under the names Gadget Racers and Road Trip, they arnt really bad they;re just very kid frendly, dont go in expecting GranTourismo or RidgeRacer... it easily ranks below Mariokart.

The first episode of GunGrave dissapointed me it just felt like a cross between Cowboybebop and Trigun, The game was kick ass though(if you enjoy mindless violance and exploding things). I wont preorder the second but I will buy it when I see it if it's still 14 bucks.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/30/news_6106025.html

Mastiff Games today announced what it is calling the "Can't Lose" deal for its upcoming title Gungrave: Overdose. The game will retail for the low price of $14.99 and will include about $20 worth of free goodies, Mastiff says.

The over-the-top action shooter is slated to ship this month, and anyone who purchases the game before March 2005 will receive a three-issue trial subscription to the monthly multiformat game magazine Play. In addition, a limited edition collectible card featuring artwork from the Gungrave anime, currently being released on DVD in the US by Geneon Entertainment, will be included inside the game's package.

^^The first one was not done by Sega. It was published by Sega. It was actually developed by Red Entertainment who also did Bujingai: The Forsaken City(PS2).

bread's done
Back