ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

SIGNUP INFO:​

[quote name='Santurio']I seems we figured a few things out. You have to join the right nation to join the squad. Once you choose a nation you can't change again for either 2 weeks or until that current war is over.

There is no "invite to squad" feature so you have to search for the squad by name and zone.
If you plan on joining the squad, add us to your friends list, a member of the squad has to be online in Chromehounds in order for you to find the squad and be accepted in to it.

Allegiance: Sal Kar (Green & Yellow Flag)
Squad name: HOSTILE CAG
Zone: Pro Zone
Language: English
Region: America
Passcode: No[/quote]
HOSTILE CAG Squad
  1. - Santurio
  2. - Maximo1324
  3. - toper
  4. - LinkinPrime
  5. - flybrione
  6. - Ultimate Matt X
  7. - Brak
  8. - Rx Man
  9. - darkrage
  10. - CheapyD
  11. - WildWop
  12. - Renegade_Zero
  13. - shipwreck
  14. - swetooth9
  15. - Mr Unoriginal
  16. - halfb3ent
  17. - JTWise
  18. - Elrod
  19. - 2Fast
  20. dubbfoolio.gif
    -
    dubbfoolio
#################################################

LOTTERY SYSTEM:

The Nations capture parts from oposing Nations and also create experimental parts. Since the system doesnt allow for everyone to purchase them, they are put on lotteries or raffles if you will. The Squad gets X number of lottery picks each day based on Squad size and rank. You can use your lottery picks on Captured or Experimental parts. Entering in the lotteries does require a deposit for the amount of the part(s) you want to get. If you win the lottery the game will alert you next time you enter the shop and your parts will be added to your inventory. You don't usually win all parts, if you do lose parts, your deposit is returned. One win allows quantity one of one part. Entering mulitple picks for the same part is allowed, just in case you want more than one of a particular part.

Lottery Rules and Groups:
1) Make sure you stick to your day and no sneaking on and taking others picks.
2) If you miss your day you will have to wait until your next go around. It will only be like 1 or 2 days anyway.
3) All lotto picks have to be selected by 11:45 Central. If not they will be added to the winner of the "Winner Take-All Free Battle Royal" for the picks.

Each groups consists of 10 members - 2 picks each.
The final 4 picks of the day would go into a Winner Take-All Free Battle Royal
. Any member can join in this that is on at that time for a chance at the picks. Match will be at 12am CST daily, match can be started by anyone on at that time. Make sure you do annouce the free battle and send invites to the people wanting to battle.

Lottery Groups:

Group 1: (odd days)
  1. Santurio - Ramo Z (Squad Leader)
  2. Maximo1324
  3. toper - Toper331
  4. LinkinPrime
  5. flybrione - BigMes
  6. Ultimate Matt X
  7. Brak - Brax0r
  8. Rx Man - Rx Man 911
  9. darkrage - DrStarkweather
  10. CheapyD
Group 2 (even days)
  1. WildWop - MHzDX
  2. Renegade_Zero - Renegade Zer0
  3. shipwreck - Cobra Commander
  4. swetooth9 - a crispy donut
  5. Mr Unoriginal - Mr Unoriginalx
  6. halfb3nt - halfb3nt
  7. JTWise - Taxman
  8. Elrod - DCriminal
  9. 2Fast - BatmanR
** If you see or know any non-CAG members, please make them aware of these rules **
##################################################

Update 7/19: Achievement List

http://xbox360achievements.org/content/view/257

DLC CONTENT UP:
Chromehound parts are up for FREE:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/chromehounds/contentdownload.htm

-----------------

Reviews:

TeamXbox 8.7
IGN.com 6.9
Gamespot 7.9

chromehounds-faceplate.jpg

http://www.xboxic.com/news/965

Pretty sweet faceplate, too bad is Japan only!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Update 6/28: Demo up but not in the US/CAN, you can still play it, just did :D

This is how:

First off you should go to the passport site : http://www.passport.com/. Make sure you are not logged in, and click on the "create hotmail account" link. Now, here is the important part, the site will ask you where you are from, select either Japan, the US, or Europe. Remember, this is the country where the demo is available, not where you really live! You will require some information regarding those countries so Microsoft will allow you ro register the e-mail address.

Here is the info we used:

United States
Postal Code: 10012
State: New York, City New York City
Phone Number: 1-866-530-1234

Japan
Postal Code: 150-2345
Province: Tokyo-to
Phone Number: 3201-3331

Germany
Postal Code: 54292
City: Trier
Phone Number: 065112345

You can use any valid address and phone number from the country where the demo is available.

Once you have filled out the info and applied for the Hotmail account, activate it and turn on your Xbox360. Press the guide button and choose "switch profile" (X Button). Now create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live Account, make it a Silver account instead of a Gold (so you dont have to pay). Next you will require the phone number mentioned above to use your passport. You could theoretically take care of all the passport stuff on the Xbox, but it will go much faster on PC with a keyboard.

Well, that is about it folks! Pretty sweet huh? The cool thing is that you can disable (they actually are disabled from the start if you have already a gold membership installed on your box) the auto sign for the foreign accounts, hence leaving your primary "Real" account hassle-free. Ejoy the demos!
Thanks to: http://www.gamersreports.com/article/19/

I might have to import the game just for the faceplate... I was going to buy Chromehounds on launch anyway. There might not be a regional lockout on it, several other games don't. I know Condemned has no region lock on it, thats a Sega release... Are there any other Sega 360 games out?

You never know, even though there might not be a limited edition here, they could still have the faceplate as a preorder bonus. Its happened before.

[quote name='dafoomie'] Are there any other Sega 360 games out?[/QUOTE]

Full Auto. Interestingly, Sega did give away the faceplate with that pre-order too.

[quote name='terribledeli']Full Auto. Interestingly, Sega did give away the faceplate with that pre-order too.[/QUOTE]
Thats another interesting wrinkle, but I can't seem to find info on any Japanese release of Full Auto, or anything about its region protection.

I wouldn't be shocked if the faceplate made its way here as a preorder bonus. Its not something outlandish like a love pillow. Whoever is offering that faceplate is getting my business... I'm buying it on its release day regardless.

[quote name='radjago']That is the Steel Battalion Controller of faceplates.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a bad thing?

Cuz this faceplate fucking ownz!

I am on the bench about getting this game. However, I can say for sure that if the states got that faceplate as a preorder bonus, that would seal the deal for me.

I'm pretty sure I played this game at E3. I know I played some mech game in the saga booth for the xbox 360. And man that game blew. They had us on a multi-player map that was huge but there where only 8 of us playing and there didn't seem any way to find your enemy. So you just walked around aimlessly. And of crouse your mech walked slow as hell.

The sega guy running the game went on about how you have a tactic commander and tells people what to do and some other stuff that made it sound cool but it I played it and didn't like it.

[quote name='KingDox']I'm pretty sure I played this game at E3. I know I played some mech game in the saga booth for the xbox 360. And man that game blew. They had us on a multi-player map that was huge but there where only 8 of us playing and there didn't seem any way to find your enemy. So you just walked around aimlessly. And of crouse your mech walked slow as hell.

The sega guy running the game went on about how you have a tactic commander and tells people what to do and some other stuff that made it sound cool but it I played it and didn't like it.[/QUOTE]
The multiplayer is very team oriented. It appeals a great deal to serious Mechassault or Steel Battalion players, I was heavy into Mechassault and I can't wait for this game. Its a very slow, tactical, team oriented multiplayer game. Its not for the casual gamer, which may limit its audience. I have no idea if this'll turn out well or not, but I really hope so.

The customization and tactical nature of the game are what appeal to me. I do have my concerns about the gameplay, but I hope they figure that out.

[quote name='dafoomie']The multiplayer is very team oriented. It appeals a great deal to serious Mechassault or Steel Battalion players, I was heavy into Mechassault and I can't wait for this game. Its a very slow, tactical, team oriented multiplayer game. Its not for the casual gamer, which may limit its audience. I have no idea if this'll turn out well or not, but I really hope so.

The customization and tactical nature of the game are what appeal to me. I do have my concerns about the gameplay, but I hope they figure that out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the make your own mech part I liked, I even liked the team aspect of it. So I'll definatly give it the benift of the doubt when I played it. I'm sure the busy floor of E3 wasn't the best place to play a tactical game like it seems. I also thought that perhaps the team leader knew where the enemy was and wasn't talking to us. The demo station had headsets but no one used them. Also I have hopes the game supports up to 32 people, the maps would seem much less huge if there was that many people playing.

Save your eBay money folks.

Some fan boy will make a design for the thing and put it online that you can put into the Pelican make your own faceplate kit.

You'll save a lot of money that way.

Not worth extra money. Now themes and gamerpics might interest me since the JACKASSES at Konami won't fucking give me anything of the like for RRXX in the US. Jeez I wish they could just treat me like I'm Japanese in terms of taste. I want mostly JAPANESE game gamerpics and themes, you fucking got that MS?!

I am getting this fucking faceplate ...................if it comes to the US of course. I don't think it's worth it to import but I do want that damn faceplate.

Chromehounds has gone gold... No word on the faceplate though. Anyone hear anything?

Are any of the import sites carrying the limited edition yet? Its coming out in Japan a couple weeks before it does here, so you could concievably get the import before the US release.

[quote name='Brak']Here's to hopin' the game doesn't fuckin' suck.[/QUOTE]

The buzz has been kinda half and half. A couple of folks I know loved what they saw at E3. But the press hasn't been as kind.

I still pre-ordered it though.

[quote name='terribledeli']The buzz has been kinda half and half. A couple of folks I know loved what they saw at E3. But the press hasn't been as kind.

I still pre-ordered it though.[/QUOTE]
In the previews, they say its everything I've ever wanted. But, most previews are positive. I like the way they've setup the online aspects, the emphasis on teamwork, and especially the customization. I like the potential for the sniper mechs, I like how slow the biggest mechs are, it seems to be balanced. My questions are about the gameplay itself. I will most definitely be picking this up on release day regardless, I might even import it for the faceplate, and get it a few days before the US release, if its not region locked.

I'm a huge fan of mech games, huge Mechassault and Steel Battalion fan, but Murakumo sucked, Gungriffon was mediocre, and Mech 2 was disappointing, though I did play it a ton anyway.

The game does look like it has potential, and I really like the customization aspect, but some videos show that the combat basically just boils down to circle strafing the enemy in a race to see who can kill the other first.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']The game does look like it has potential, and I really like the customization aspect, but some videos show that the combat basically just boils down to circle strafing the enemy in a race to see who can kill the other first.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but most inexperienced players in mech games will default to that. Aren't most of the videos of reviewers playing the game?

Unless the levels are a flat plane, I would think that it would come down to using the terrain as cover. I really hope this doesn't suck, it'll be the only real mech game until Mechassault 3 in a few years, unless Mobile Suit Gundam somehow turns out good.

Just got an email from Sega... The US preorder bonus is a mini guide, map, and poster. No faceplate.

On top of that, the Japanese version is not compatible with US systems and is not in English.

[quote name='dafoomie']Just got an email from Sega... The US preorder bonus is a mini guide, map, and poster. No faceplate.

On top of that, the Japanese version is not compatible with US systems and is not in English.[/QUOTE]

Bah, then no pre-order from me. I'll just wait until I can find it CHEAP.

time to sell my 2 extra zero hour face plates on ebay and get that sucker :D Unfortunetly It's more than likely this game is reigon locked to Japan

[quote name='Zoglog']Unfortunetly It's more than likely this game is reigon locked to Japan[/QUOTE]
It is region locked, its been confirmed by play-asia.

So far, all of the 'Japan' region games have been locked, but most of the 'Asia' region games have not.

I've had a Japan XBL account for a while (for the pourpose of downloading the demos and such.) and it says its not the right code for the consle, what am I doing wrong?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I've had a Japan XBL account for a while (for the pourpose of downloading the demos and such.) and it says its not the right code for the consle, what am I doing wrong?[/quote]

Not sure. Log on to your JPN account, check your settings/region. Make sure its JPN. Try to make a German acct, see if it works.

...in japan. that part's kinda important. (too lazy to go through that region change process.)

I liked the demo, except for aiming. Aiming sucks. Its going to take a long time to adjust from Mechassault to this. In Mechassault, they give you a reticle in 3rd person. Not in this. In 3rd person, theres no reticle or crosshairs where you'd expect them to be. Theres a small targeting box in the top right corner, and theres a 1st person camera mode that doesn't move fast enough to be practical for much beyond sniping. I wish they'd just put those crosshairs into 3rd person. Its a real pain in the ass, especially on my 20 inch monitor, that box is tiny.

Remember, the real fun in games like this is the multiplayer. The single player is just training.

All you need to do is to create a silver account in the Japanese region. Its not hard, and it doesn't affect your other accounts.

[quote name='dafoomie']Remember, the real fun in games like this is the multiplayer. The single player is just training.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I'll probobly pick it up around launch.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My thoughts exactly. I'll probobly pick it up around launch.[/quote]

Unless they speed up the mechs, make the aiming WAY different, i'm giving this game 10 thumbs down. The demo was boring bottom line. Maybe online could save it though, maybe.

[quote name='Maynard']Unless they speed up the mechs, make the aiming WAY different, i'm giving this game 10 thumbs down. The demo was boring bottom line. Maybe online could save it though, maybe.[/QUOTE]
Fast mechs are for games like Gundam... They're slow in just about everything else. This isn't supposed to be an FPS with machines.

bread's done
Back