I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
So I walk into Target today looking to pick up the Riddick Trilogy and what do I see? A shitload of DS MotherfuckingLites in the case. I wonder if they're just empty boxes at first, but if they were real, I didn't want to alert the cashier that she shouldn't be selling them this early. So I ask if I can buy one. Sure, enough, they are selling them early. I'd scan the receipt for further proof, but it just says 'Nintendo DS' - no indication of it being the Lite.

I was going to try to use the CC $15 off coupon, but fuckit, I got it a week and a half early.

UPDATE: More people are reporting seeing DS Lites. It may not be as YMMV as originally thought.

[quote name='iheartmetal']
youre all idiots

nice find[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Good job you lucky basterd.. you should've picked up another one and eBayed it. You probably could've gotten a good $160 easily.

I like to order Venti Decaf coffee sometimes at Starbucks. Am I a freak or what?

P.S.

For once, I agree with JimmyMac. You are all idiots.

[quote name='Genocidal']
That wasn't JimmieMac :rofl:
[/QUOTE]
I was about to say the same thing. I've made that mistake a half dozen times and everytime I'm like :shock: before I realize who it is.
If I wasn't currently pretending I love my fat DS more than life itself and certainly more than a skinny DS, I would be jealous. As it is, I yawn.

Ok, I have the thing preordered with $77 toward it at Gamestop. The thing is I've already picked up 2 games in anticipation of it and I can get 10% off at Target with employee discount. So, do I wait a week and half or get it now if I can find it?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ok, I have the thing preordered with $77 toward it at Gamestop. The thing is I've already picked up 2 games in anticipation of it and I can get 10% off at Target with employee discount. So, do I wait a week and half or get it now if I can find it?[/quote]

But you already have Oblivion to tide you over until the next price drop.;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']But you already have Oblivion to tide you over until the next price drop.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I need some kind of games to play when I'm watching a movie and I've played everything I want for the PSP.

My EB told me they were getting in the DS Lites this week but that they were street dated for the 11th. I.E. That Target is in deep doo doo :p

[quote name='ZForce']My EB told me they were getting in the DS Lites this week but that they were street dated for the 11th. I.E. That Target is in deep doo doo :p[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why Nintendo would streetdate a system that's already out. The Lite is nothing more than an upgrade on a previously available system. Why street date it?

I remember this happening with the original DS at a Wal-Mart store. I'm tempted to go to my Target just to see, even though I'm waiting for a black one.

Target isn't alone on this. Just got back from the Forrest Lake, MN Walmart which had at least 20 DS Lites for $129ish. I'll have pics from my camera phone if they EVER reach my email box....

[quote name='Demolition Man']Target isn't alone on this. Just got back from the Forrest Lake, MN Walmart which had at least 20 DS Lites for $129ish. I'll have pics from my camera phone if they EVER reach my email box....[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Perhaps the case they are shipped in doesn't have the street date listed on them. I'm only an hour away from Forrest Lake, I don't have any discount at Walmart but I could get it early...

I figured it out .

78_3.JPG

88 MPH !!! Click here for explanation

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Interesting. Perhaps the case they are shipped in doesn't have the street date listed on them. I'm only an hour away from Forrest Lake, I don't have any discount at Walmart but I could get it early...[/QUOTE]

I almost bought one tonight but then I realized that I can just as easily wait a few weeks since I still have my warranty coverage on my DS bought at CC. Besides I'm almost tempted to wait a bit since I'm hoping they'll release a BLUE colored one down the road. :D

[quote name='Genocidal']
That wasn't JimmieMac :rofl:
[/quote]

Imposter!!:bomb:

I was secretly laughing too

ROFL at everyone thinking that was jimmie. :rofl:

And I guess it is true that they don't really have a street date, so when most retailers get them in they may just put them out.

Lets stop using spoilers. I am tired of clicking and dragging

I got one!

The guy kind of laughed a little when I asked for one and mentioned that he had bought one today too. It almost seemed like he knew they shouldn't be out yet...

I think the best bonus was that they register didn't prompt for the serial number so now I can still pick up the Lite I preordered from gamestop and return it to Target with my receipt from tonight.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']wonder if my best buy did this, i got some cred there, thanx for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]

I doubt Springfield or KOP would let them out pre-street date.

Anyone having any luck around Missouri? Specifically around Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, or Independence?

I work tommorrow night, so I'd love to pick one up early tommorrow morning/afternoon. However, I'd rather buy it at a place where I can trade in my fatty.

Trakan, want to mention which Target you were at? If not, thats ok.

Perhaps it makes sense to make a list of stores (from CAG reports) in the OP.

WOW i'm gonna try Target tomorrow, I sold my DS fat early this month and i've got a copy of NSMB that has been teasing me that I can't play it till next month.

As of about 7am this morning the new Florence KY super Walmart had no Lites but an ass full of fats. I was hoping to find some rare older games that may have resurfaced in the new store after the move but had no such luck. :cry:

Nice find to those that have got in on it. I'm still debating selling my DS. (Kinda late in the game though...)

I just got back from working out and think I got a hernia

I will check my Target first thing in the morning. I have one preordered at Overstock, but my DS just sold on half for 100.00 and I am already having withdrawels.

[quote name='$hady']WOW i'm gonna try Target tomorrow, I sold my DS fat early this month and i've got a copy of NSMB that has been teasing me that I can't play it till next month.

As of about 7am this morning the new Florence KY super Walmart had no Lites but an ass full of fats. I was hoping to find some rare older games that may have resurfaced in the new store after the move but had no such luck. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same position as you are and I feel the exact same way. I really want to play NSMB! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back