DS LITES SoCal UPDATED with MAP!

2poor

CAGiversary!
Has anyone had any luck finding a DS Lite in Souther California?

This map should be a useful tool for some of you. http://www.frappr.com/dsliteavailability

Confirmed: Southgate Target @ Firestone/710 FWY,
Santa Ana Target.

No Goes: Targets-Granada Hills, Valencia, Culver City, City of Industry, El Segundo,
Baldwin Park, Montclair, Mission Hills, North Hollywood, North Hills, van nuys, Cerritos, and Camarillo.

Walmarts- City of Industry,
Baldwin Park

Sears-Costa Mesa,
City of Industry, and Bellflower Blvd.

Best Buy-
West Covina

Gamecrazy-
12913 Harbor Blvd Garden Grove, CA 92840 (but they are giving $16 for Getting Up and $12 for Bullet Proof)

Edit: I just went to the Westminster Target and I think they pulled their Lites because they didn't have any there.

Santa Ana target doesn't sell anymore according to a post.

New method for a DS Lite:
[quote name='snood']I found a worker in housewares, asked if he could do a stock check for me, and gave him the product code for the Lite: 207 01 0007

His handheld computer thing said that they were all in the stockroom, so he went back there and returned with 2 brand new ds lites.

Complete credit for this idea goes to JETFIRE714 on Fatwallet, as soon as I read his post it seemed just clever enough to work. I just had to try since there were absolutely no stores that broke the street date here.[/quote]

It works. I got mine today like that.

I'l going to hit up the 2 targets I pass on the way home after work...who knows worth a shot. I'll post if I'm super-incredibly lucky like trakan. :p

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Damn it I don't have my car today.... just great![/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to matter. I haven't seen any reports of anyone finding any in SoCal to purchase. I checked two Targets, Granada Hills and Valencia, with no luck at either.

Do employees get in trouble for selling the DS Lites too early? Because I could probably ask my friend at target to see if he could purchase it.

Saw this on the big thread in the Deal Discussion area: Check sears.com for in-store pickup. Turns out some of them say in stock! My local Sears is of course out of stock and I'm not driving an hour to the closest one with stock.

Currently in stock at Westminster's Target (Wesminster st. and Brookhurst).

Plenty left over there fellas. They just stocked them today.

[quote name='Renzokuken']Currently in stock at Westminster's Target (Wesminster st. and Brookhurst).

Plenty left over there fellas. They just stocked them today.[/quote]

I love you... ;)

[quote name='Renzokuken']Currently in stock at Westminster's Target (Wesminster st. and Brookhurst).

Plenty left over there fellas. They just stocked them today.[/QUOTE]

Just got back..they pulled them from the shelves. Guy behind the counter said it was a mistake, they won't be selling them till the 11th. Damn.

Southgate Target @ Firestone/740 FWY still selling strong as of this evening. Picked up 2. Also applied for instant instore credit card - got addtl. 10 % off - added New Mario while @ it under 10 % deal.

Good luck to you guys - my first DS btw. - bought it for Mario - hope I will get to enjoy it with some other cool titles .

peaceout

[quote name='rewn']Southgate Target @ Firestone/740 FWY still selling strong as of this evening. Picked up 2. Also applied for instant instore credit card - got addtl. 10 % off - added New Mario while @ it under 10 % deal.

Good luck to you guys - my first DS btw. - bought it for Mario - hope I will get to enjoy it with some other cool titles .

peaceout[/QUOTE]

damn, that's fairly close by to me too. I might have to go check it out after work tomorrow.

I've been to a couple of Target's today around the San Fernando area and can confirm that the following 3 stores do not have them in stock - Target of Mission Hills, North Hollywood and I believe the other is in North Hills (on the corner of Balboa and Plummer, correct me if I'm wrong). Also I checked the ghetto Wal-Mart in Panorama City and again nada. For all you CAG's in the valley it seems we will have to wait for our fucking pre-orders.

afterwork today checked out the target in van nuys at rayen, van nuys at sepulveda, pacoima and northridge. none of them have it. the walmart in panorama city had it around 11am, but they pulled it off the shelves when they tried to sell me one and it says "sale not allowed" when it was scanned. bummer.

[quote name='thegarageband']I've been to a couple of Target's today around the San Fernando area and can confirm that the following 3 stores do not have them in stock - Target of Mission Hills, North Hollywood and I believe the other is in North Hills (on the corner of Balboa and Plummer, correct me if I'm wrong). Also I checked the ghetto Wal-Mart in Panorama City and again nada. For all you CAG's in the valley it seems we will have to wait for our fucking pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I'm live in Panorama City -- Sucks. I'll just get one at Circuit City.

Called several retailers (GameCrazy, GameStop, Target, etc.) , and it seems all of them have it but won't actually sell it before the street date. What a crock. Another a week and a half to go for the rest of us.

as much i like the DS lite...i'm not too crazy about the "polar white" color. Toy Mandala in sherman oaks has the navy blue and the green DS for 199. i think i'll just buy that even if i have to add 70 bucks. at least its the color i want.

[quote name='Darwin23']as much i like the DS lite...i'm not too crazy about the "polar white" color. Toy Mandala in sherman oaks has the navy blue and the green DS for 199. i think i'll just buy that even if i have to add 70 bucks. at least its the color i want.[/quote]

A green DS Lite? Pics?

Well some people in southern California definitely got them because there are four units being scalped on craigslist at over $180, several of them claiming to be the US version bought in store.

Yay for free markets.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']So does the Southgate Target still have some? If they do I am going tomorrow right when they open.[/QUOTE]
i didn't have to go check it out, but if you do go, then please leave 1 for me.

[quote name='gigan54']i didn't have to go check it out, but if you do go, then please leave 1 for me.[/QUOTE]

For sure, I always leave some for my fellow CAGers.

wow there were plenty of ds lites in the south gate target. the only problem is that somebody ratted us out.

so I bought my ds lite and some guy walks over and says he wants one too. I buy mine and open it in-store to make sure i dont' have any dead pixels. this guy just says "man, it sure is cool of you guys to sell these before the street date" and right then and there I knew the rest of us were fucked.the emplyee proceeds to tell his supervisor and i belive they will be taken to the back. sorry some idiot messed it up for everybody. all i can tell yo is that it's better in person than in pictures.

edit: CRAP there's a dead blue pixel right ni the middle of my top screen. hopefully they'll let me exchange it for another one.

For anyone trying to use the Sears online system to circumvent the street date, the DS Lite has been taken off the Sears website.

[quote name='Darwin23']i went with toy mandala and got my green..or "ice blue" DS lite for 199. Its awesome.[/quote]

How does someone confuse green for ice blue?

Looks like the hammer came down in Santa Ana. The guy on the phone said they're not allowed to sell them until June 11th. Maybe someone would have better luck in-store?

[quote name='espy605']How does someone confuse green for ice blue?[/quote]

the ice blue color doesnt really look like blue. it looks more green than blue.

158969485_1c213d9b82.jpg

158969486_8edc193dc4.jpg

[quote name='crazytalkx']None at the mall or Best Buy...[/QUOTE]
Shoot. Now I have to wait for my DS from Gamecrazy.

bread's done
Back